FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Fabswingers.com site feedback > Distinction between TS, TV, CD, TG

Distinction between TS, TV, CD, TG

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

I feel that this would be quite useful seeing each category is completely different from each other! Would also help search wise Anyone agree?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I agree 10000000% with this suggestion.

In fact when I made a list of top 10 things I'd do better than Fab if I made a similar site, this was number 2 on the list.

By *inaTitzTV/TS  over a year ago

Titz Towers, North Notts

It's a tricky one, you could go with 1 of about 20 different official distinctions, but at the end of the day it would rely on the individual TG deciding which category they should be in.

I know a lot of TG and even stood talking to some for an hour or so, you can be hard pushed to decide if they are TS, TV, transitioning and so on.

@tina

I agree with what you say, but still having TV/CDs and TS/TGs lumped together imho is just not right.

By definition a TV/CD is a person of one gender who gets a sexual thrill from wearing clothing of traditionally associated with the other gender.

Whereas "typically", a TS/TG (or T-boi), identifies either full time or part time with being a gender other than that to which they were born. It has no direct link to sexual thrill or fetish, it's simply who they are and how they identify.

If only for this reason I have always felt that the two should not get "lumped in" together.

I am neither judging nor trying to stereo type anyone, and indeed it is very possible that someone who is a TV/CD may also identify as TS/TG in which case they can make their own judgement call as always. And indeed both in the spectrum of TV/CDs and TS/TG/TBs there are a thousand and one sub "classifications", both officially recognised and individually defined, I still feel that these too very distinctly separate groups of people should not be forced into one singular category.

By *inaTitzTV/TS  over a year ago

Titz Towers, North Notts

There is something to be said for that, but I think there will be a lot of looking at people and wondering if they have ticked the right box.

It would be very useful to separate TV/CD from TS as it should reduce the number of idiots who can't tell the difference messaging me. My block list is growing!

By *arteeneWoman  over a year ago

Aylesbury

"@tina

I agree with what you say, but still having TV/CDs and TS/TGs lumped together imho is just not right.

By definition a TV/CD is a person of one gender who gets a sexual thrill from wearing clothing of traditionally associated with the other gender.

Whereas "typically", a TS/TG (or T-boi), identifies either full time or part time with being a gender other than that to which they were born. It has no direct link to sexual thrill or fetish, it's simply who they are and how they identify.

If only for this reason I have always felt that the two should not get "lumped in" together.

I am neither judging nor trying to stereo type anyone, and indeed it is very possible that someone who is a TV/CD may also identify as TS/TG in which case they can make their own judgement call as always. And indeed both in the spectrum of TV/CDs and TS/TG/TBs there are a thousand and one sub "classifications", both officially recognised and individually defined, I still feel that these too very distinctly separate groups of people should not be forced into one singular category."

Well said xxx

I agree too, mainly because people seem to want a TS ie person with real boobs and a cock, more than a TV, ie someone just enjoys dressing up and acting female but hasnt made physical changes to their body.

Two boxes for TV/CD and TS would be useful. I think we're all Tgirls though.

I get worried about upsetting or offending people sometimes by using the 'wrong' word to define myself. Then I remember that each person is different, and Ts of all variety can be very complex and hard if not impossible to label. It can be a minefield and there's seldom a simple acronym to fit. As long as profile text is clear I don't think there should be any issues, although I can understand that for those seeking full time transitioning ladies it may be frustrating sifting through the profiles.

Life if complicated

I think it was the 2nd poster who said "If I was making a similar site".

I think that this point has been raised before and acknowledged by admin on another thread that, indeed, the "classification" (hateful word) could indeed be improved BUT it is the "reclassification" (sorry) of all the existing members that makes this job virtually impossible.

I think the poster that stated there is seldom a simple acronym to fit is spot on.

I assume everyone posting and saying how bad it is is perfectly clear on their profile as to exactly what they class themselves as with no ambiguity?

By *ishopstippleMan  over a year ago

Purley

[Removed by poster at 08/08/14 09:26:40]

"It would be very useful to separate TV/CD from TS as it should reduce the number of idiots who can't tell the difference messaging me. My block list is growing!"

I would agree with that

I understand people mostly want a shemale for sexual pleasure

We all have so many facets to our sexuality and personality you can't really label people that have a more complex gender mix, many are not sure my advice is to read the profile and chat to the person

By *arteeneWoman  over a year ago

Aylesbury

"I understand people mostly want a shemale for sexual pleasure

We all have so many facets to our sexuality and personality you can't really label people that have a more complex gender mix, many are not sure my advice is to read the profile and chat to the person "

Well said that is the best way to find out xx

» Add a new message to this topic