FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Fabswingers.com site feedback > "User No Longer Exists"

"User No Longer Exists"

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *rummiePartyMan OP   Man  over a year ago

birmingham

Should posts from profiles that no longer exist remain on forum threads?

What do people think?

Personally, my own opinion is that if someone leaves the site, and deletes their profile, all posts made from that profile should be removed off the forums.

This prevents "hit and run" profile creations for the purpose of creating mischief before the profile is deleted again.

That said, there may be others who think otherwise...

Thoughts?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *peedypeteMan  over a year ago

derby

I agree Brummie it should automatically be deleted.Otherwise you could have a fake profile, hurl insukts, delete the rofile and the insults stand but not traceable.

By *ezebelWoman  over a year ago

North of The Wall - youll need your vest

If the posts is insulting or abusive then it would get deleted anyway, whether the user is still onsite or not.

By *rummiePartyMan OP   Man  over a year ago

birmingham

I've seen a few "will be having fun at..xyz...on ...date..." posts. Was just thinking that anyone can set up a fake profile, make a location (club etc) look like the hive of activity, and then delete the profile. No-one will ever know who posted it but the gullible might take the chance of trying the place out because it sounds busy.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

There is a period of time between joining and being allowed to post on the forums so the whole post and delete thing is not as simple as all that.

"There is a period of time between joining and being allowed to post on the forums so the whole post and delete thing is not as simple as all that."

and if they are posting to cause trouble then its too late,

[Removed by poster at 18/08/14 17:23:41]

"Should posts from profiles that no longer exist remain on forum threads?

What do people think?

Personally, my own opinion is that if someone leaves the site, and deletes their profile, all posts made from that profile should be removed off the forums.

This prevents "hit and run" profile creations for the purpose of creating mischief before the profile is deleted again.

That said, there may be others who think otherwise...

Thoughts?"

i agree BUT we still have profiles with dead people so i doubt whether we get any joy with user no longer exists

I think a thread needs to read. If you start turning threads into swiss cheese, with great holes missing in them, then it's going to end up making the other people's reactions look ridiculous and misrepresent them, as well as potentially turning the thread into nonsense... not that many threads make much sense any way lol

In the end the ability to enter a scenario, stir up a hornets nest, get people saying angry and upset stuff, and then leave without even a trace of you ever having been there is a flamers wet dream. So that's a thumbs down from me

» Add a new message to this topic