FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Fabswingers.com site feedback > forced photo verifications

forced photo verifications

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *iRachel OP   Woman  over a year ago

Derby

Just a suggestion. Due to encountering many fake profiles (which is very annoying when you think you have a meet) why is it not compulsory to get photo verified after say a month? Obviously for those of us who actually meet (and therefore get real verifications from other real profiles) it's not really necessary, but I find it exceptionally strange that for someone to be on the site for longer than 2 years and not having any verifications and point blank refusing to get photo verified when I ask them for my peace of mind. What's the point??? I'm very quickly losing my ability to give people the benefit of the doubt lol xx

Reply privately (thread closed by moderator)

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"Just a suggestion. Due to encountering many fake profiles (which is very annoying when you think you have a meet) why is it not compulsory to get photo verified after say a month? Obviously for those of us who actually meet (and therefore get real verifications from other real profiles) it's not really necessary, but I find it exceptionally strange that for someone to be on the site for longer than 2 years and not having any verifications and point blank refusing to get photo verified when I ask them for my peace of mind. What's the point??? I'm very quickly losing my ability to give people the benefit of the doubt lol xx"

What safeguards do you think it will add?

By *bi HaiveMan  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Cheeseville, Somerset

"Just a suggestion. Due to encountering many fake profiles (which is very annoying when you think you have a meet) why is it not compulsory to get photo verified after say a month? Obviously for those of us who actually meet (and therefore get real verifications from other real profiles) it's not really necessary, but I find it exceptionally strange that for someone to be on the site for longer than 2 years and not having any verifications and point blank refusing to get photo verified when I ask them for my peace of mind. What's the point??? I'm very quickly losing my ability to give people the benefit of the doubt lol xx"

Why bother speaking to a two year old profile with no veri's or photo verification - when there's a few thousand with one or the other or both much more recent?

Photo verification is pointless. A body (no face required) holding a piece of paper.

It's common to see obviously fake profiles with green flags (and sometimes ticks too!)

Just concentrate on those you can easily confirm are real - and leave the two year old unverified profiles to either away, go mouldy - or as many do - UNLOS.

A

By *iRachel OP   Woman  over a year ago

Derby

Just to prove that a couple are actually a couple and not a single male (the particular and most recent situation I'm referring to). Obviously it won't solve all the problems on the site but it's surely a good start? And seeing as how it's so hard to find a genuine female meet I think it's a good idea. I've lost count of the times that I've been in full flow chat with a "couple" only to realise that the female (if she ever existed) is too busy to come online and chat.

Mind you I suppose that says that I'm too naive lol xx

How do you tell if it's the female you are talking to?? Xx

2 yrs with no sort of verification at all says it all to me

I think it would be better to delete and start all over again

By *bi HaiveMan  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Cheeseville, Somerset

"Just to prove that a couple are actually a couple and not a single male (the particular and most recent situation I'm referring to). Obviously it won't solve all the problems on the site but it's surely a good start? And seeing as how it's so hard to find a genuine female meet I think it's a good idea. I've lost count of the times that I've been in full flow chat with a "couple" only to realise that the female (if she ever existed) is too busy to come online and chat.

Mind you I suppose that says that I'm too naive lol xx

How do you tell if it's the female you are talking to?? Xx"

Get off the net and ask to meet socially - or at least speak on the phone.

Guys putting on a 'girlie' high pitched voice are usually easy to spot and it's even harder for them to pass themselves of as a woman face to face!

A

By *ovely CummingsWoman  over a year ago

Peaky Nipples

I'm not photo verified and have no intention of being. Have been on here long enough and had enough meets to know it is just another tool in the box, doesn't guarantee anything

Filters are there that can be set so that only those that are photo verified can contact you, using this is better than forcing everyone to do something surely?

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

this is the internet what you see in front of you isn't necessarily what it seems.

By *ezebelWoman  over a year ago

North of The Wall - youll need your vest

A post from Admin on another thread about the same thing...

Asking all new users to photo-verify is something that is asked quite often. It's not something we'll ever do.

If you think not having photo-verification means someone is more likely to be a timewaster it's super easy to choose not to interact with those people already

Admin x

It's just as easy to block non photo verified and let the rest use the site as they wish. Maybe having a look at your search criteria might help if your having constant problems with "fakes"

By * Busty HotwifeCouple  over a year ago

Bradford

Simple. Don't give people the benefit of the doubt, a lesson we learnt the hard way. Also, verifications by meet don't always mean much either, as we've found more than once inc obviously fake veris but only obvious once you meet!

By *empting Devil.Woman  over a year ago

Sheffield

If you're chatting with someone and think you might like to meet them just ask them to get photo verified or you will end the conversation.

Most people have a camera phone and it doesn't take long for it to come through.

Obviously if they choose not to that's fine, but just end the conversation.

Why not just block non verified profiles if you don't want them to waste your time?

Just because someone is photo verified it makes them no less likely to be a time waster. And in these days of photo shop technology, it's not really that difficult to fake a photo x

http://www.fabswingers.com/forum/feedback/302713