FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Fabswingers.com site feedback > Anonymous verifications?

Anonymous verifications?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Could we have an option to show our verifications, but not have to identify who left them for us?

We prefer not to identify our playmates.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago
Forum Mod

I like that idea

People could have loads of Verifications off just one Person which could help the Folk with Dodgy Profiles, not sure if that's how it would work ??????

Personally if we saw an anonymous verification we would treat it as no verification at all.

It would be too easy for someone to open a dozen accounts verify them all with one account that is real then use them all to verify themselves to make it look like they were popular and to be trusted.

Verifications are not about who you play with, on our old profile we had 67 verifications and had only played with 4 of those that left them, the rest were people we knew to be genuine and honest having met them at clubs like Chameleons and chatted to them but not played with them.

We never leave a verification that says anything about playing, what's the point, just cos we have good sex with someone it doesn't automatically follow that the next person will because we all like different things and different ways of doing things.

The verifications we leave are about people being honest and genuine, they are the couple or single they say they are, they attend clubs, the pictures on thier profile are a true representation of what they look like now, not 10 years ago, that they are fun to spend time with and can hold a conversation when they say they can, they do have the sense of humour they say they have got.

it could be set so that you can only publish one verification for any one member. That would stop multiple veri's from one meet, simples

We too think this is a bad idea. When we look at someone's verifications, we like to click on the profile of the person who left it to ensure that they too are genuine. That way, you don't have a long list of verifications off possibly fake profiles.

"it could be set so that you can only publish one verification for any one member. That would stop multiple veri's from one meet, simples "

But, multiple veri's aren't always a bad thing.

We have met some members here several times, haven't verified them every time but a couple of times, it does help to show they are willing to meet more than a one off.

"Could we have an option to show our verifications, but not have to identify who left them for us?

"

Have to ask, why do you want to hide them?

I would feel quite insulted if people we met wanted to hide the fact they met us, lol

"Could we have an option to show our verifications, but not have to identify who left them for us?

I would feel quite insulted if people we met wanted to hide the fact they met us, lol "

On another site we were on, someone contacted the people on our friends list and on our verifications list saying that we had recommended them.

We did not.

Some people, although they are on a swingers site, prefer to keep a "low profile" and prefer an element of discretion.

I would feel quite insulted if people we met wanted to hide the fact they met us, lol

On another site we were on, someone contacted the people on our friends list and on our verifications list saying that we had recommended them.

We did not.

Some people, although they are on a swingers site, prefer to keep a "low profile" and prefer an element of discretion. "

Ah, I have heard of this happening once before.

I see your thinking.

Keeping a low profile is easy enough with the current way, simply hide the verifications.

See, I kinda like the idea, but I/We also like to look at who potential meets have previously met, gives us an idea if we may be compatible, only an idea mind, doesn't guarantee anything, lol

We would ignore anyone who approached us saying "a mutual friend recommended you" we really wouldn't trust it until we had spoken to our friends and wouldn't really want people going round saying "get in touch with them they are a good shag"

Multiple verifications for one person arent the problem I was referring to someone being able to use multiple profiles to recommend one person, it would be obvious if each of those profiles had been, lets say verified by one person who only had a phone or cam verification.

It would be too easy to hide SINGLE GUY BERT verified by phone or cam then opens a couple profile, and verifies it from Berts profile, then opens a dozen more and does the same. then verifies the couples profile with all the other false profiles but has them anonymous on the couples profile. we then have a fake couple with a dozen annonymous verifications.

When we are considering meeting someone we like to check their verifications to see who they have been verifed by, other times we get messages or see profiles from people who "only play bareback" then we block them and all the people on thier verification list and usually all those on thier friends list too

There is no such thing as safe sex but you can cut down on the risk and for us that is one way it helps because condoms can break and oral sex is still a risk

By *ugby 123Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

For clarification , what I am pasting underneath is from the FAQ page...it isn't as easy as you think to fake verifications.

Verifications we try to leave for another user aren't being saved

If you're trying to verify another account that you have created yourself or you're trying to verify someone who is using the same PC as yourself, then the verification won't be recorded. We do this to stop people creating fake accounts and verifying them themselves.

[Removed by poster at 20/07/10 16:28:51]

"For clarification , what I am pasting underneath is from the FAQ page...it isn't as easy as you think to fake verifications.

If you're trying to verify another account that you have created yourself or you're trying to verify someone who is using the same PC as yourself, then the verification won't be recorded. We do this to stop people creating fake accounts and verifying them themselves.

"

Ruby, i'm afraid to say that IP addresses can be faked also, so it's actually not that difficult in principle, if you know what you're doing.

Forum Mod

O o O oo

"For clarification , what I am pasting underneath is from the FAQ page...it isn't as easy as you think to fake verifications.

Ruby, i'm afraid to say that IP addresses can be faked also, so it's actually not that difficult in principle, if you know what you're doing. "

Admin don't say it is impossible, but they put a lot of blocks in place to try and stop it....and they do stop a lot, as has been proved when people come to the forums and ask why they can't verify someone.

"

##

I didn't know that thats cool and good news

Is nice to see verifications. If a straight single bloke contacts us and his only verifs are from bi guys/tvs with comments like can suck a golf ball through a hose pipe. Its much better to know.

By *harpDressed ManMan  over a year ago

Here occasionally, but mostly somewhere else

How about an option to only display the statistics of verifications?

ie

verified 9 times by 4 people who met them in person, and 5 times by 3 people who saw them on webcam, last verification on xx/xx/xx date.

It might be a better option for those looking to be low profile/discreet/modest (!)

By *oe_Steve_NWestCouple  over a year ago

Bolton

I do look at verifications - recently were chatting with a couple who said they only practice safe sex but upon looking at their veri's there was at least one couple who stated that they ONLY play bareback and the veri was for the fact also that they had had sex with this couple, so in that respect, they can be very useful! Z

By *oe_Steve_NWestCouple  over a year ago

Bolton

You can hide all your verifications if you want, still show as verified. Z

Forum Mod

I always think that if you go to clubs, parties and socials and you meet people that you want to play with you would'nt make them log on to Fab to check out their veris would you?

You would just get on with the fun without knowing any of their swinging history because you have made up your mind on your own that they're nice people and you want to play with them

This is why I don't get all the fuss about them

Obviously this does'nt apply to those that don't do the clubs parties or socials

"I always think that if you go to clubs, parties and socials and you meet people that you want to play with you would'nt make them log on to Fab to check out their veris would you?

You would just get on with the fun without knowing any of their swinging history because you have made up your mind on your own that they're nice people and you want to play with them

This is why I don't get all the fuss about them

Obviously this does'nt apply to those that don't do the clubs parties or socials

"

This is a good point. The same is true about age ranges.

at a club if you look to young it will be no just like in here, sorry

Verifications....

Other sites have recently introduced 'METRICS' a visable count of the number of verifications whilst it looks fancy in it's colours, it still means diddly f**k.

I'm not in favour of verifying by cam or phone, that said I've done it once,

The term verify means in my eyes, you've meet?

Like all processes they are open to abuse!

I do believe the ability to show your verifications and fellow Op's having the ability to drill down on those Op's that verify you, goes a long way to ing out fakes.

My two pennies worth...

Paddy x

i prefer to see who the veris are off much prefer what we have now

"at a club if you look to young it will be no just like in here, sorry "

But maybe I'd suddenly look young enough....?

that's why we don't have rigid limits........a question of perception rather than a number, a 20 year old just wouldn't do in any circumstances though.

in your case it would old enough or not rather than young enough........lol

I would feel quite insulted if people we met wanted to hide the fact they met us, lol "

ive met a guy on here that didnt want loads of verifications yet claimed to have met many, to be honest though, now i write it down, i think he was lying through his teeth

By *he Happy ManMan  over a year ago

Merseyside

Ruby, i'm afraid to say that IP addresses can be faked also, so it's actually not that difficult in principle, if you know what you're doing. "

+1 it is so easy to get around IP addresses and the verification system

Forum Mod

O o O oo

Admin have other blocks in place that obviously they wouldn't go into, it isn't just about IP addresses.

" People could have loads of Verifications off just one Person which could help the Folk with Dodgy Profiles, not sure if that's how it would work ?????? "

Could work though if you were only able to validate a profile once like some other sites do.

And of course in order to validate you need to be validated yourself which cuts out some fake validations.

I like the idea of anonymous feedback, have had meets in the past and feedback left which i have put on my profile and they have then been bombarded by other members sad to say usually single males who when they are turned down get stroppy and state "but you met Juzie"

Or perhaps a setting that allowed you to block certain groups from reading your feedback?

By *abioMan  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

I don't like the idea of anon feedback either...

I think that if we all are big enough, bad enough and brave enough to do what we do.... then we should be big,bad and brave enough to stand by any varification that we leave.....

I think that sometimes we forget what varification is there for... to prove that someone is "genuine" which for me is that they showed up and they were who they said they were! nothing else!!!

I don't want a blow by blow of the meet... I don't want to know every party trick.....

if you are in any doubt, don't leave a verification... no one is forcing anyone to.....

By *andcCouple  over a year ago

Cheshire and London

Another well known site has a system where you can choose not to show your verifications to the general site members, but can show them to prospective meets, what do others think of this?

"Another well known site has a system where you can choose not to show your verifications to the general site members, but can show them to prospective meets, what do others think of this?"

Sounds like a good idea its done with pics so could it not be done with verifications.

What I like about the current verifications system is that you can use it to see your potential playmates "standards" (ahem!).

By *andcCouple  over a year ago

Cheshire and London

"What I like about the current verifications system is that you can use it to see your potential playmates "standards" (ahem!)."

mmmmmmm! Hows that work then?

You only get a snap shot of that person, they may be on lots of sites and have a different "standard" on that site or may also go to clubs and have a different "standard" again. Also they control which verifications go on their profile, so you may not be getting the full picture anyway.

What I/we like about this is that general users don't get to see your verifications only prospective meets, so we only meet with single guys any single females or couples wouldn't see our verifications and why should they, as we don't wish to meet with them, so why see who we've played with?

"What I like about the current verifications system is that you can use it to see your potential playmates "standards" (ahem!).

mmmmmmm! Hows that work then?

You only get a snap shot of that person, they may be on lots of sites and have a different "standard" on that site or may also go to clubs and have a different "standard" again. Also they control which verifications go on their profile, so you may not be getting the full picture anyway.

What I/we like about this is that general users don't get to see your verifications only prospective meets, so we only meet with single guys any single females or couples wouldn't see our verifications and why should they, as we don't wish to meet with them, so why see who we've played with?"

Was being kind of tongue in cheek, but it can often have a dash of truth. For instance they specify no X in their profiles but have loads of X in their meets

I've had some great meets from checking out others verifications so would prefer the names to stay on. Then on the other hand ive had one experience where a guy asked questions about me to a friend of mine who had left me verification ..wheres the descretion in that? as me ya frigin yaself hehe.

» Add a new message to this topic