FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Fabswingers.com site feedback > Name and shame with verifications system ?

Name and shame with verifications system ?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *heekysuste OP   Couple  over a year ago

Strawberry Hill

As it says in subject, it would be nice if we could have a system to also talk about bad meets, or bad people name shame type thing ? j

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *b430Man  over a year ago

Tayside

OK you can be the first one to talk about then!

You 2 said you would come to meet me and you didn't bother to show up and didn't even bother to phone or text me to let me know you weren't gonna come here after all!

Of course all of the above is totally FALSE, but it shows you why naming and shaming isn't allowed. Anyone can easily make up whatever they want and post it in a forum and who is going to, or has the time to, check if it is actually the truth?

If your meets are bad or you get a no-show then you will know not to try and meet them ever again and move onto the next one!

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

It will never happen as the site is against naming and shaming.

I've met people with glowing verifications who I've not played with as I've found them off putting on our initial first meet!

Horses for courses, if you have a bad meet don't dwell on it.

Have fun!

not a good idea because it can be really wide open to abuse cos not all people are nice and lovely. Also usually when there are shall we say "bad meets/people" it usually gets around by word of mouth anyway dont it, have a good w/e everyone

By *ombshellWoman  over a year ago

islington

yep i agree, would love to have a name and shame room but alas....it opens a whole new ball game of he said she said and as jealousy is riff on sites like this it wouldnt be fair to people who were genuine but didnt want to meet someone again ..

Naming and Shaming would achieve nothing.....

It would only lead to an 'all hell broke loose' forum!

I say, just learn from your mistakes and move on.....

Paddy

"Naming and Shaming would achieve nothing.....

It would only lead to an 'all hell broke loose' forum!

I say, just learn from your mistakes and move on.....

Paddy"

*Nods in agreement*

By *yber pimpMan  over a year ago

durham area

surely it would possible for the admin to investigate a situation and at least give the complainant some feedback on what resulted from that investigation.

otherwise those that are guilty appear to be protected while the 'victim' has no recourse to justice.

By *abioMan  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

"surely it would possible for the admin to investigate a situation and at least give the complainant some feedback on what resulted from that investigation.

otherwise those that are guilty appear to be protected while the 'victim' has no recourse to justice. "

but with all things there are 3 sides to every story..... your side, there side and the truth which is normally somewhere in the middle.....

the job of mods and admin is hard enough at times without making it harder for them......

By *b430Man  over a year ago

Tayside

"surely it would possible for the admin to investigate a situation and at least give the complainant some feedback on what resulted from that investigation.

otherwise those that are guilty appear to be protected while the 'victim' has no recourse to justice. "

"those that are guilty" - Who says they are guilty?

A disgruntled person who didn't take kindly to being told they don't want to meet them? Someone the other person blocks? Someone who heard a rumour about the other person? Etc, Etc, Etc

Totally open to abuse and am glad it isn't allowed on FAB!

By *ugby 123Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

I am going to paste what Admin have answered about Reports on another thread.

****Just a quick note. If people report others and we can verify that they have broken site rules, we always take action (either a first and final warning, partially suspended account, fully suspended, mixture of the above).

Every single report sent via the REPORT link is reviewed. Clearly it's not in our interests to have people on here who are bad for the site. Equally we need to verify what has been reported and be fair to those who have been reported.

Admin

PS. we never provide feedback on what has happened. It's just not practical given that we get 100s of reports a day.

Here is what the page says after a report has been submitted:

--

Your feedback has been saved.

A website admin will shortly review your feedback and take the necessary action. After reviewing the evidence available to us, we may disable an account, remove a user, disable certain aspects of that user's account or issue a warning.

By leaving feedback you help improve the site for everyone who uses it. Thank you. *****

By *ugby 123Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

Name and shame won't be allowed by Admin, as it is open to abuse as has been proved on other sites.

If you have a problem with a user then the best way to deal with it is REPORT it, and if it is proven it gets dealt with.

By *harpDressed ManMan  over a year ago

Here occasionally, but mostly somewhere else

Investigate....complainant....guilty...victim....justice

Are we still talking about shagging or is this the Venables thread again?

otherwise those that are guilty appear to be protected while the 'victim' has no recourse to justice.

Investigate....complainant....guilty...victim....justice

Are we still talking about shagging or is this the Venables thread again?

"

I think someone has got their acronyms mixed up: the wandered into FAB but were looking for the FBI!

I don't think naming and shaming is a good idea. I think it would be good if a member had a record of meets arranged and meets attended something like that.

I always hear from other friends in the scene of this person that never showed etc.

» Add a new message to this topic