FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Fabswingers.com site feedback > Edit / Delete Facility

Edit / Delete Facility

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Isn't it about time this facility was in place on the forums.Its long over due and would save a lot of problems.

XXXX

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *1dKingColeMan  over a year ago

east london

Agreed!

Please ASAP!

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I'm sure it's being worked on.

But i think it needs to be time limited. So you only get ten minutes or whatever to make changes.

Otherwise things could get very confusing.

By *j_markCouple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Totteridge/Whetstone

An edit button is a pain but how about we add a time-elapsed delete button which is easier for us to do. This would be available for say 10 minutes after the message was posted which would leave the post but blank the message and say something like [deleted by OP on blah]. This would seem to be 90% of the way there because you could just create a new msg if you wanted and most people want it to remove private replies they accidentally make public.

Would that make sense?

Views?

x

"An edit button is a pain but how about we add a time-elapsed delete button which is easier for us to do. This would be available for say 10 minutes after the message was posted which would leave the post but blank the message and say something like [deleted by OP on blah]. This would seem to be 90% of the way there because you could just create a new msg if you wanted and most people want it to remove private replies they accidentally make public.

Would that make sense?

Views?

x"

Anything would help to eradicate the type of stupid mistake I made last night.(I still don't know how I did it).

We do always use the Preview button and find it perfectly adequate,eliminating the need for an Edit button in truth.

However,if we post something by mistake or whatever it would be great to be able to retract it.

XXXX

Another handy facility would be when we're quoting a message.

It would be helpful to have the site name of the ppl your quoting above the quote.That way readers know who your replying to and it reminds us too,lol.

XXXX

» Add a new message to this topic