FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Fabswingers.com site feedback > Keeping verifications

Keeping verifications

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

I don’t know if this question has been asked before as I'm pretty new to the forums but on the flip side of removing verifications, I wondered why, if a member leaves, why you can't keep the veri you received, when you receive a message from someone and then they leave site the message remains in your inbox but under the heading "user no longer on site" until you delete it, so why can't a veri stay with the same heading, some people as am I, are quite proud of their veri’s especially if you have some good ones and like to display them and although I haven’t lost one yet I know people who have and it can be upsetting, it is also not fair on a person who may only have one veri and then loose it, ok they keep the tick but that doesn’t tell people that they are genuine meets, it could just be cam or phone.

Could Admin consider the "user no longer on site" option

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

What you said about people leaving the site and getting "user nolonger on site" instead of username doesn't always work either. Sometimes (and I've no idea why, have asked and not got a proper answer), people go off the site and everything dissapears, verifications and messages included. Had a guys email address which we hadn't saved and he decided to leave the site, that's the first time we noticed but has hapened several times since. Weird!!!!!

I think it would be good if you kept the validations even when someone left. You are still a validated member, just the person that validated you has left.

I agree I have had some really good verifications and lost them due to members leaving the site.

By *j_markCouple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Totteridge/Whetstone

We appreciate this is annoying.

But the members leaving the site have the right for all their data to be removed, so it's not something we can change.

Admin x

I would argue that the verification they left for someone is no longer their data, you don't give a gift then take it back because you're moving on..do you???

By *harpDressed ManMan  over a year ago

Here occasionally, but mostly somewhere else

"I would argue that the verification they left for someone is no longer their data, you don't give a gift then take it back because you're moving on..do you???"

I agree, it's no more their data than what they wrote on the forums, and that stays.

"I would argue that the verification they left for someone is no longer their data, you don't give a gift then take it back because you're moving on..do you???

I agree, it's no more their data than what they wrote on the forums, and that stays."

Indeed! Or the data that they have emailed!

Surely the data can remain just the profile name goes?

By *ugby 123Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

I am thinking maybe it means if they take their profile off then nothing can be saved from it, hence why verifications will go too?

A forum post or even a mail isn't on their profile, but a verifcation is?

Rugby's correct, If you delete your account and that's the ultimate option,verifications and all associated with them are lost!

but its strange that in the forums members who delete their accounts the threads are still in forum ?

By *j_markCouple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Totteridge/Whetstone

"but its strange that in the forums members who delete their accounts the threads are still in forum ?"

This is anomoly and something that will be fixed.

Admin

"but its strange that in the forums members who delete their accounts the threads are still in forum ?

This is anomoly and something that will be fixed.

Admin "

Which bit will be fixed though? the part where someone's validation disappears when they leave?

"I would argue that the verification they left for someone is no longer their data, you don't give a gift then take it back because you're moving on..do you???"

This I agree with totally, same as a letter once it is posted, it is no longer your property and if the veri does stays on ones profile under "user no longer on site" who is it going to harm? the person whom it was written about is the one that loses out, when it's removed

I have now been a victim of this unfortunate occurrence as one of my previous playmates left site yesterday, until now I had just been championing the cause for others, so now I speak from first hand knowledge about how annoying this is

Forum Mod

Victim? thats a bit dramatic Simone

We've lost a few since we've been here,it does'nt bother me in the slightest,verifications are'nt as important to me as they are to others

» Add a new message to this topic