FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Fabswingers.com site feedback > Thanks but no thanks button.

Thanks but no thanks button.

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ilthythanet OP   Couple  over a year ago

ramsgate

Having read quite a few accounts of people not bothering to reply because it would take too much time (mostly to single males it seems), and lots of accounts of people complaining that people don't send replies, may I request the

[Thanks, but no thanks]

and [Thanks, but no thanks (and block)] buttons.

Fairly obviously the former would just reply with a message saying "Thanks, but no thanks" (or could even have something in your settings which allows you to configure the reply, and the latter send the "Thanks, but no thanks" and then blocks that person from sending further messages (to prevent abuse).

Maybe even have a few buttons which can all be configured to send appropriate, pre written responses, like

"Thanks, but you're not what we're looking for"

"Sorry, but you live too far away"

or

"Read the f***ing profile f**k knuckle".

Anyone like the idea?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago
Forum Mod

People will then only moan that they are getting automated thanks but no thanks messages and why can't people be biothered to at least write them by hand

"People will then only moan that they are getting automated thanks but no thanks messages and why can't people be biothered to at least write them by hand "

When I get a polite refusal, I respond ' thanks for the reply. Good hunting...' How many seconds does it cost us to be polite .... And friendly?

By *ilthythanet OP   Couple  over a year ago

ramsgate

But wouldn't people rather have some response (even if a pre-set message) rather than just nothing.

Getting nothing just makes you feel like the message was never even read.

"But wouldn't people rather have some response (even if a pre-set message) rather than just nothing.

Getting nothing just makes you feel like the message was never even read."

To be fair you see clearly if it was not read.

Whilst I love the idea of a thanks but no thank button, I don't think it's any politer than not replying, really, and if the recipient is the type to send abuse after a refusal, they'll still do it.

"But wouldn't people rather have some response (even if a pre-set message) rather than just nothing.

Getting nothing just makes you feel like the message was never even read."

I never send unsolicited mail.

I wouldn't use the button as I seldom read any of the post I read: I just delete.

You can tell at a glance the senders age, location and the opening sentence therefore under my age limit, outside London and "wanna use your strap on babe" type messages get deleted.

I look at the profiles first of the rest before opening their post. If the don't meet my criteria ie married, they get deleted too.

My profile is clear, I DON'T respond if you're not what I'm looking for so DON'T waste your time: they take no notice!

The ONLY men that get a nice "thanks, but no thanks" are those that meet my criteria, have obviously read my profile but don't appeal for whatever reason.

An automated message to someone who HAS met my criteria would seem a little cold to me.

» Add a new message to this topic