FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Fabswingers.com site feedback > naming and shaming

naming and shaming

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *exypa OP   Couple  over a year ago

farnborough hants

Can anyone give admin/site owners any good ideas how to stop timewasters as we can't name and shame people who blatently continue to do this.

Their profiles still remain on the site even when they have been reported to admin.

Maybe a star system and admin remove their stars if they get reported, 5 strokes and your out.

I'm fuming mad after someone was on route to meet and vanished/ abducted by aliens and I ended up with another hotel bill.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ugby 123Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

Here is an explanation from Admin from another thread on how they deal with reports.

******Just a quick note. If people report others and we can verify that they have broken site rules, we always take action (either a first and final warning, partially suspended account, fully suspended, mixture of the above).

Every single report sent via the REPORT link is reviewed. Clearly it's not in our interests to have people on here who are bad for the site. Equally we need to verify what has been reported and be fair to those who have been reported.

Admin

PS. we never provide feedback on what has happened. It's just not practical given that we get 100s of reports a day.

Here is what the page says after a report has been submitted:

--

Your feedback has been saved.

A website admin will shortly review your feedback and take the necessary action. After reviewing the evidence available to us, we may disable an account, remove a user, disable certain aspects of that user's account or issue a warning.

By leaving feedback you help improve the site for everyone who uses it. Thank you.******

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

There is no way to prevent 'perceived' time wasters. Note I said 'perceived' - the reason being, your idea of a time waster and my idea could be 2 totally different things.

But the way to stop this from annoying you so much is probably to take a big step back and look at this swinging lifestyle and evaluate how much it actually means to YOU.

In explanation we'll give you our take on it ....

Swinging to us is a little bit extra over what we already have, we control swinging and don't let swinging control us. It's a hobby, a bit of fun and on a scale of 1 - 10 of importance, swinging is probably 2.

We arrange meets very infrequently, never lay out massive sums of money or travel stupid amounts of miles, so if someone doesn't turn up - what the hell ? we've lost nothing and they've gained nothing - move on and forget it, but to get all hot and bothered - get banned from the site for naming and shaming ?? - it ain't worth the fuss.

In short it's down to the individual to handle the situation - no amount of intervention from Admin, the Queen or even Jesus Christ himself will ever change things

By *eaboMan  over a year ago

marden

people not turning up is endemic on every site i have been on, and its a few over the years. i have seen sites go from active and busy to people spending hours in the chatroom and doing nothing else, if thats what you want use facebook ffs. surely swinging sites are for swinging, and whatever your view you have still set that time, and maybe money aside and to be let down with no explanation or at the very last minute is just downright rude. i am not sure if it is people bottling it at the last minute or if its just the thrill of the arrangements they enjoy, and with a lot of 'single' guys i suspect they cant escape wifey to get to the meet. granted that life can get in the way of living, and throws up problems every now and then, but a quick call or even text and it is sorted, much better than not showing up. anyhow sorry to rant but i am fed up with being tarnished by other guys who dont bother, and personally am always wary of whether the other party will actually turn up until i see them. so after venting my spleen enjoy life and fill it with as much fun and excitement as you can, coz we all know the day will come when you are too old to get it up.

farnborough hants

Thanks for comments so far. Having been a swinger for 15 years and seen most things, met all sorts and have nice friends along the way - why should anyone accept total rudeness, bad manners, intolerable ettiquette no matter what life style you lead..

Seems everyone is accepting lower standards of behaviour.

The badies get away with it again, and the good guys get penalised. That's everyone not just single guys.

It's taken 15 years to post a complaint on a forum. I think I have been patient enough.

If someone actully says they are on route to meet you and don't turn up, call, text, email what ever .....the only explanation I can see is they dropped down dead.

There is no other reason than that for zero communication, unless they are a real time waster who should be named...... simple as that.

Forum Mod

O o O oo

If you are having that much trouble I would ask the next one to pay for the room and you either pay him back when you get there.

At least you would know that if they were serious or not.

farnborough hants

Have done that as well, I agree that does help reduce the chances of getting a waster/dreamer.

But when things are spur of moment, sometimes you have to have faith in the site system that the person has been validated, is therefore genuine and agrees to the code of conduct, is on route and will arrive.

Remember it's a two way street, I might not have been genuine for all they know and they have paid out. Guess I would have been a time waster in a man's eyes if I didn't turn up. Is that acceptable behaviour for anyone?

Forum Mod

O o O oo

No , I would say that was the definition of a timewaster.

But all you can do is report it and move on, as although I am not implying you are not telling the truth, this is only one side of the story.

By *aljan1Couple  over a year ago

camberley

[Removed by poster at 29/08/10 22:35:51]

everyones version of a timewaster is different

"

Maybe a star system and admin remove their stars if they get reported, 5 strokes and your out."

thing is how would you stop them just re joining on another account?

» Add a new message to this topic