FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Fabswingers.com site feedback > Update to beta search/browse

Update to beta search/browse

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *j_mark OP   Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Totteridge/Whetstone

Carrying on from

http://www.fabswingers.com/forum/feedback/34947

We've pushed a new update live:

* Allows you to save searches and re-run them with one click. So if you have a few searches you regularly do this makes it easy to do this now rather than filling in the form each time.

* You can now search for smokers/non-smokers or members who will meet smokers.

As always any feedback welcome.

Admin x

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

Forum Mod

Totteridge/Whetstone

Just a reminder how to get to this

If you go in via BROWSE on top menu there's now a Browse (beta) link on the left hand menu

Or go straight there on copying this URL into your browser

http://www.fabswingers.com/browse-new

The left hand menu of the browse pages also has the "Saved searches (beta)" link.

Plus, if you've saved searches these are linked to at the top of the new browse page.

Admin x

By *ugby 123Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

Loving the save idea, and although we don't use the search that much, itis much better than the last one.

Great work !

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Excellent search facility. Only improvement I can think of is to have an option so it filters for those who have been active within say the last couple of days. Keep up the good work!!

By *uckscouple2007Couple  over a year ago

Bucks

how many searches can you save?

Both the save and the extra search options are very welcome. Great addition to the site.

By *habsMan  over a year ago

Fortress of Solitude, Middlesex

... Liking it - already got 7 searches saved Don't realistically think I'll use them all continuously, but I like the option being there

By *onny BonesMan  over a year ago

a block away from heaven

Improvements to search facility very much welcomed . Cheers

while your extending the nature of the search why not add more details such as bi/straight/ Married couples/ f*** buddies as a part of the fuzzy search?

therefore allowing us to go right to where we want rather than searching through profiles for the information?

a bi/straight option would be good

Bucks

another option which would be good is ...

Do not display profiles you have blocked

love the improvements

One glich if you click on the bit that allows a search only of those looking for people your age it works great for a couple of similar age, Sasha is 28 and I am 55 and it must work on Sasha's age being the first on the profile so we still find people whose maximum age is 30 etc.

Not a major problem as most people are of a similar age but thought I would mention it as feedback to you

Bucks

"love the improvements

One glich if you click on the bit that allows a search only of those looking for people your age it works great for a couple of similar age, Sasha is 28 and I am 55 and it must work on Sasha's age being the first on the profile so we still find people whose maximum age is 30 etc.

Not a major problem as most people are of a similar age but thought I would mention it as feedback to you "

the original search does the same thing ... seems the system doesnt look at both ages - just looks at the first entry - oh and as we are not requested to select our individual genders when we sign up the system wont know which is the M or the F of a couple

I like it - but accommodate is spelt wrong

love it,loads better

thanku

This is much better, thanks to all the admin team for their hard work and making things easier and better on the site.

Agree that would be good to search for bi. Another two thoughts - people who meet daytimes (or don't) and people who don't do safe sex.

Good to see improvements like this. Have posted suggestion for such an update in the Forums previously and pleased that the new search facility is now available (even if it is still in the testing stage). A few tweaks, as suggested in feedback already would improve further.

Thanks a bunch FAB.

Bucks

"Another two thoughts - people who don't do safe sex."

agree this would be good so can filter them out of the equation ...

" people who meet daytimes (or don't)"

this one would be harder as thats not an option on yr profile when you register so ALL members would surely have to amend their profile to say if they can/cant do daytimes

By *utumnWoman  over a year ago

leeds

Wonderful, Amazing! So good not to have to look at cannot accomodate!!!

Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you

Cue lots of posts about how shallow I am but would anyone else appreciate an option for size/height? Maybe this will help out all of the super-fussy ladies on here!

In seriousness, perhaps check-boxes to include people of certain heights/sizes? Before anyone lynches me I'd like to point out it's the physical act of sex we're talking about and attraction is important!

By *tomComMan  over a year ago

Wellingborough

A great new search routine I do really really love it !! It is some much more useful !!

Though still has some of the bugs of the old search.

1)

Page breaking at wrong point, page(1) show results [1-20], page(2) showing results [20-40].. So result 20 appears at the bottom of page 1 and top of page 2. Also you get a extra page of searches at the end with the last result only..

2)

The sorting of the results are by last online. Which is great though when you are showing online results the sort is random. This means when you refresh the search the order of online users keeps changing.. I think that there should be some sort of secondary sort critera maybe username etc

3)

As mentioned before, there is no distance for postcode calculations carried out. Though I assuming that this is because you do not really want to spend loads of money on purchasing the Royal Mail PAF database.

4)

The results are always sorted by last online, could we maybe have a way of changing the sort by?

ps

In a general reply to some of the other comments on the thread, do we really want to increase the information we give about ourselves on our profiles? More information would give us better searching abilities, but it would also relie on people giving correct information.

for the bi people you could have 3 boxes 1 she is bi 2 he is bi and 3 both bi and when your browsing you could show whichever box they have ticked you would only need the people on here to help or others and themselves

Dave and Sheena

Seems to work really well.

Would love the ability to search for people with the option of a particular body type selected.

Being a 'larger' couple ourselves it would be good to immediately out the skinny minnies who would possibly not be interested in us anyway and since personally, we would feel more comfortable meeting larger couples also.

Likewise, pretty sure the same goes for a lot of those skinny minnies who would like to search for slimmer people only.

Just a thought.

Glad it's not just me then!

Bucks

"Seems to work really well.

Would love the ability to search for people with the option of a particular body type selected.

Being a 'larger' couple ourselves it would be good to immediately out the skinny minnies who would possibly not be interested in us anyway and since personally, we would feel more comfortable meeting larger couples also.

Likewise, pretty sure the same goes for a lot of those skinny minnies who would like to search for slimmer people only.

Just a thought. "

and would you be selecting large/small male or large/small female? the options could be endless when you add in all the other factors

the new search is great

exactly what i want in a search

nice one

having additional search features is brilliant, also being able to save those searches, can we have selection by sexual preference? we are only looking for bi males and bi couples but have to wade through a lot of profiles to find them! keep up the good work, great site x

By *ollie_JCouple  over a year ago

London

Aplogis for repeating .. As i started a new thread by mistake

Safari and iPad.. Format problems when hoeing the available saved searches

All the ti

Abailbale searches arr far right justified to the right of the page border and therefore a tad unreadable

"Aplogis for repeating .. As i started a new thread by mistake

All the ti

Abailbale searches arr far right justified to the right of the page border and therefore a tad unreadable "

I'm getting the on-screen keyboard isn't great on the iPad too?!

Forum Mod

Totteridge/Whetstone

"Aplogis for repeating .. As i started a new thread by mistake

All the ti

Abailbale searches arr far right justified to the right of the page border and therefore a tad unreadable "

Thanks we'll have a look at this

Admin

By *entscotscplCouple  over a year ago

falkirk ish

new browse is looking good

would be nice for bi fem bi male str8 fem str8 male areas aswell

r n l

By *entscotscplCouple  over a year ago

falkirk ish

another little ditty here lol

in the interested in area

in the drop down box there are no boxes to tick you only get one option if there were tick boxes there it would realy simplify searches

just our pennies worth again

r n l

By *-and-KCouple  over a year ago

Back of Beyond

We're liking the layout of the new search forum. Can't help feeling that the opportunity was missed to add in bisexuals.

If smokers could be accomodated with the drop down menu. the same could have been done for the bisexuals. Whether male or female or in couples, its only the same changes to add into the form data as for smokers.

Reading the forums for the last 2 years we think there has been more calls for that info then any other.

Still as it stands its a big improvement

Forum Mod

Totteridge/Whetstone

"We're liking the layout of the new search forum. Can't help feeling that the opportunity was missed to add in bisexuals.

If smokers could be accomodated with the drop down menu. the same could have been done for the bisexuals. Whether male or female or in couples, its only the same changes to add into the form data as for smokers.

Reading the forums for the last 2 years we think there has been more calls for that info then any other.

Still as it stands its a big improvement"

With bisexuals what would the search options be?

Can you list for us what you would like to search for?

(we still plan to accommodate this somehow)

Admin x

Bucks

"We're liking the layout of the new search forum. Can't help feeling that the opportunity was missed to add in bisexuals.

Admin x"

if trying to find couples where 1 or both are Bi then surely the site needs to know which half of the couple is Male and which half is Female - as one is not required to select such an option on your profile when you sign up (only singles choose gender)

Forum Mod

Totteridge/Whetstone

Admin x

if trying to find couples where 1 or both are Bi then surely the site needs to know which half of the couple is Male and which half is Female - as one is not required to select such an option on your profile when you sign up (only singles choose gender)"

This is exactly the pre-requisite to us making this change.

Admin x

London

I am searching for (choice A)

where (choice A) is a couple, male or female

Then for a male or female there is a (orientation) with (orientation options)

For a couple there are two lines returned each with a (gender option) then a (orientation option)

Gender option will be male, female

Then orientation options will be

straight, bi, bi cur, tv/ts, gay

This then gives the most options (it is actually the model on a few sites) - you can look for MM couple who one is gay and the other bi, or a MF couple both are straight etc

London

oh and that took ages to post as you cannot put a left or right angle bracket in a post - you end up with a error

London

If possible could we also get the users location onto the new photos page under the users name

Save a lot of traffic on our part

By *ot555Man  over a year ago

scarborough

Perhaps it would be a good idea to add a custom text search option to the search - So for example if you remember reading something on someones profile but you forgot who it was and can't find them, you can search for a custom word or phrase or sentence etc

By *-and-KCouple  over a year ago

Back of Beyond

Think the options are limited to be honest. Singles whether male or female normally have bi on their profiles if they are. so that is sorted. Its the couples who make it awkward, the criteria list would be something like this..

Singles

M .Bi/Bicurious

F. Bi/Bicurious

Couples

M .Bi/Bicurious

F .Bi/Bicurious

Both. Bi/Bicurious

Thats 5 choices in a drop down form menu.

It would only work though by making it a compulsory completion on the profile page for new members. Old members would need to be made aware of its existence and asked to fill in the details on their profile.

By *lubroMan  over a year ago

chester

In general I think the new search program fills some of the previous gaps and allows for a more comprehensive search. What I do find frustrating is whan a search includes people who have not visited the site in months. I appreciate that some members might like a rest from meets etc but I think if a member has not been active for more than say, three monrths, then their profile should be either deactivated, until they re-visit, or deleted altogether. This would out some the many timewasters using or cluttering up the site

By *umourCouple  over a year ago

Northants

Just one thing that we have noticed... The postcode search is not correct. NN is not in the West Midlands.

There are loads near and around us that are correct, but we have been moved... Nooooooo

[Removed by poster at 17/09/10 13:23:48]

I think the beta search is really good and certainly cuts down the number of inappropriate matches.

The only thing that I consider would be a nice to have is if you could search multiple interests, such as safe sex or same room or separate room which would save having to do multiple searches. Could have an 'AND' 'OR' switch to so that if you were only looking for 'safe sex'and 'oral' so it would again narrow down the search.

But as I say, I think this is so much better than the original already.

Well done!

[Removed by poster at 18/09/10 07:48:57]

"Perhaps it would be a good idea to add a custom text search option to the search - So for example if you remember reading something on someones profile but you forgot who it was and can't find them, you can search for a custom word or phrase or sentence etc"

Was just going to suggest the same thing before spotting this post As some people express their preferences in different ways and the dropdown menu doesn't list every option then it would be fab to be able to do a free text search.

By *urreywbmMan  over a year ago

Wimbledon

Great idea hopefully will work out well.

My 1 thought is, is it possible to re name the searches, as having 5/6/7 saved searches, it is hard to distinguish them, without reading through them.

So behind the scenes as it were, all the detail is there, but showing up on my saved searches is a quick way for me to recognise it, could be "London SW tonite" rather than "(women) (couples male/female) (female couples) in SW aged 20 to 60

Who want to meet a man (of my age)

(looking to meet today) and (exclude those who block single guys)"

hope it makes sense.

Anyway good luck and thanks as always!!!

Would be good be able to select multiple poscodes and not have to select region like south east or south west, because where the border is, eg Basingstoke is south east and Andover is south west, it requires multiple searches to find local people..

Even better would be a search function where a postcode and distance from could be entered.

By *uvit0069Couple  over a year ago

We'd like to be able to filter out people we have blocked from search results.

Thanks for all the good work!

Forum Mod

Totteridge/Whetstone

"We'd like to be able to filter out people we have blocked from search results.

Thanks for all the good work!"

We'll make a change shortly that will do this as the default for everyone.

Admin x

Here is a suggestion :

Change the "Who wants to meet a" radio buttons to tickyboxes, so you can search for people on multiple "Who wants to meet a' criteria the same as the "I am looking for" section.

By *harpDressed ManMan  over a year ago

Here occasionally, but mostly somewhere else

That would be appropriate if it was possible to be both a couple and a single man at the same time.

Or have I misunderstood?

By *ampshiredogMan  over a year ago

Romsey

The beta search is very good indeed - the work is much appreciated.

Could I suggest being able to filter out result from members who have not been active on the site for a choice of periods eg 7days 1 month 3 months etc.

Cheers

Hamps

"for the bi people you could have 3 boxes 1 she is bi 2 he is bi and 3 both bi and when your browsing you could show whichever box they have ticked you would only need the people on here to help or others and themselves

Dave and Sheena"

Good shout. It is difficult trying to find bi couples. Also, the search criteria should match the info requested when setting up your profile. This would allow searches for WE/VWE; BBW; Big Boobs; Slim/Athletic etc. Not a computer wizz but maybe this could be mapped across from the profile data.

Great work so far though. Many thanks. Take care.

Jodie & Dan

xxx

Forum Mod

Totteridge/Whetstone

"The beta search is very good indeed - the work is much appreciated.

Could I suggest being able to filter out result from members who have not been active on the site for a choice of periods eg 7days 1 month 3 months etc.

Cheers

Hamps "

The order of search is by last online. So just don't keep scrolling when you get to a point that doesn't interest you

Admin x

By *ogstar518Couple  over a year ago

bolton

im pressed with the options, can narrow down to so many variables, save trolling thru pages of stuff you dont want to see to find the few you may like

By *ampshiredogMan  over a year ago

Romsey

I don't know how easy this would be to do but it would be really useful to search for matching people wanting to meet in the coming few days not just today because it is often a bit tight to arrange and meet in the same day.

Any Chance?

Thanks for all the work so far.

London

Well you can use the meet today generic search to search well into mid november, as at todays date

By *rInsertiveMan  over a year ago

Wisbech

All good but massively flawed until you address the underlying issue of post codes.

When signing up people must enter at least the first part of their postcode from a dropdown selection.

To address the problem with existing users you need to insert a page immediately after login asking users to enter the first part of their postcode.

Fix this significant problem and the site will be MUCH better.

By *harpDressed ManMan  over a year ago

Here occasionally, but mostly somewhere else

...Assuming nobody lies.

» Add a new message to this topic