FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Fabswingers.com site feedback > Profile Picture Order + Picture Lists

Profile Picture Order + Picture Lists

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *CanDoThisAllDay OP   Couple  over a year ago

Telford

Something that really annoys me about the profiles is that I can't order my pics. Its simply a latest only deal. I would LOVE to be able to tell the profile which 6 shots or so to use on my main profile, with the others being on my "Click here to view the rest" button. Simply add the dates to each pic so you know how old they are.

Would make profiles a lot better.

Also, when sending a message, I hate that when asked for face pics, I have to scroll through all my pics, find them and check the _oxes... I have over 100 pics. I would much rather we had an option on the picture manager page that was called "Include in face pic list", that I can select. Then when creating a new message, I can simply click "include face pics" and it will send only the ones I have selected. Much easier than looking through the whole list!

C x

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I'd like that too

This makes perfect sense and should definitely be taken on board by fab techs. great suggestion!

"Something that really annoys me about the profiles is that I can't order my pics. Its simply a latest only deal. I would LOVE to be able to tell the profile which 6 shots or so to use on my main profile, with the others being on my "Click here to view the rest" button. Simply add the dates to each pic so you know how old they are.

So which 6 pics would it be?

Also, when sending a message, I hate that when asked for face pics, I have to scroll through all my pics, find them and check the _oxes... I have over 100 pics. I would much rather we had an option on the picture manager page that was called "Include in face pic list", that I can select. Then when creating a new message, I can simply click "include face pics" and it will send only the ones I have selected. Much easier than looking through the whole list!

C x"

Telford

"Something that really annoys me about the profiles is that I can't order my pics. Its simply a latest only deal. I would LOVE to be able to tell the profile which 6 shots or so to use on my main profile, with the others being on my "Click here to view the rest" button. Simply add the dates to each pic so you know how old they are.

C x

So which 6 pics would it be? "

A mix of currently online ones and new ones I've taken, but don't want to upload yet

But having an order to pics would be a godsend... C x

Good idea x

By *r and mrs sanddancerCouple  over a year ago

BOLDON COLLIERY

this has come up quite regularly and admin have said it is being looked at but that was last year so looks like it went to the bottom of the "todo" list

Telford

Thing is a "todo" list is fine and dandy when you don't pay for a service, but this site has thousands of paying customers that easily trump the cost of servers/manpower, so much so that these things not being added and looked into really let the site down.

Theres a whole host of other swinging sites that offer new features much more frequently than FAB do, and I don't even have to pay. The only things I remember FAB adding in the last year were the "delete pics after so long with messages" thing and "webcams on the mobile site work without flash... Kind of...".

Hopefully they offer some re-done, concrete ideas soon! C x

By *oxesMan  over a year ago

Southend, Essex

Good suggestion Tell

"Thing is a "todo" list is fine and dandy when you don't pay for a service, but this site has thousands of paying customers that easily trump the cost of servers/manpower, so much so that these things not being added and looked into really let the site down.

Theres a whole host of other swinging sites that offer new features much more frequently than FAB do, and I don't even have to pay. The only things I remember FAB adding in the last year were the "delete pics after so long with messages" thing and "webcams on the mobile site work without flash... Kind of...".

Hopefully they offer some re-done, concrete ideas soon! C x"

This site is free. Its not a pay site (like a few others which have far better features), if you choose to "donate" then you do so to receive a few extras - you do not need to pay in any way to use this site.

Whilst admin make quite a bit of money from the site.. there is no reason for them to "spend" money to make it feature-some.

There are many things that have been requested time and time again over the past 3 years since we've been on here (with other profiles) and we dont see any of those developed yet, which admin said they wanted to do..

Therefore dont think they really "want" to significantly progress the site as it stands.

Admin are very well placed to respond to these posts, but they dont, least not officially letting users know what they are planning/developing currently.

If there are other sites (free or paid) which are better than fab (feature wise) perhaps just use those..

By *lactontogMan  over a year ago

Clacton on Sea

"Thing is a "todo" list is fine and dandy when you don't pay for a service, but this site has thousands of paying customers that easily trump the cost of servers/manpower, so much so that these things not being added and looked into really let the site down.

Hopefully they offer some re-done, concrete ideas soon! C x

This site is free. Its not a pay site (like a few others which have far better features), if you choose to "donate" then you do so to receive a few extras - you do not need to pay in any way to use this site.

Whilst admin make quite a bit of money from the site.. there is no reason for them to "spend" money to make it feature-some.

There are many things that have been requested time and time again over the past 3 years since we've been on here (with other profiles) and we dont see any of those developed yet, which admin said they wanted to do..

Therefore dont think they really "want" to significantly progress the site as it stands.

Admin are very well placed to respond to these posts, but they dont, least not officially letting users know what they are planning/developing currently.

If there are other sites (free or paid) which are better than fab (feature wise) perhaps just use those..

"

Yes this is a quality site and as you say it's a free site too, making unnecessary changes means new coding & lots more work.

The site could easily charge £60 a year per member as no other site is as good as this but they keep their costs down & still provide a great way of communication/features/pics etc.

It takes another webmaster to appreciate the work involved...

Telford

Gav is an CSS,SQL and web designer whatever that is so I think he may have a little understanding here guys, and it's not that hard a job.

Also on the "you don't have to pay" front, you don't have to pay for a lot of things, it doesn't mean you don't expect good service and constant updates. I've seen Gav bash out entire websites from the ground up including graphics quickly for high end businesses, it wouldn't tax him at all to do this. C x

Never said it wasn't hard.. nothing is hard.. it's expensive (paying people for their time)

Admin have a bad enough job dealing with all the pointless (oh they never turned up - he called me names) reports.

reversing photo mod authorisations because they got other people reporting that pic have been uploaded that break the rules.

It's time.. not how hard something is.

Fab is probably not even a full time thing for them.. since they also have other websites genrating revnues for them

(Classification (SIC)

- Other information technology service activities (62090)

- Web portals (63120)

Fab is really a revenue generator site..

C x"

Great idea/suggestion

Telford

Just to let everybody know, you can now click a favourites tab when sending a ,es sage that shows your top sent pics, which makes it far easier to send the usual pics you send with a message. That makes sending the same few face pics waaaaay better now

Also I think profile photo order/favourites are being worked on too.

Great stuff!!! C x

By *j_markCouple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Totteridge/Whetstone

"Just to let everybody know, you can now click a favourites tab when sending a ,es sage that shows your top sent pics, which makes it far easier to send the usual pics you send with a message. That makes sending the same few face pics waaaaay better now

Great stuff!!! C x"

By *W69Couple  over a year ago

Bournemouth

"Just to let everybody know, you can now click a favourites tab when sending a ,es sage that shows your top sent pics, which makes it far easier to send the usual pics you send with a message. That makes sending the same few face pics waaaaay better now

Great stuff!!! C x

"

Sounds good to us

By *lttattoocoupleCouple  over a year ago

Worcester

I think people are confusing admin with a development team.

For the people who don't pay yeah I can see why you say it's fine leave them alone it's free but for those who donate to the site to help it improve don't see much improvement. I'd say a handful of things have been done since we've been on fab (3 years)

By *heRainManMan  over a year ago

Warrington & Glasgow

Great stuff!!! C x

"

I wonder if Admin could explain how this actually works - I've searched, but can't find details of the new feature! (Maybe there should be a "News" page?)

How do pics get onto the favourites list?

How do you call up the favourites list?

Does favourites not show unless you have sent one of your images more than a set number of times?

By *lactontogMan  over a year ago

Clacton on Sea

"I think people are confusing admin with a development team.

For the people who don't pay yeah I can see why you say it's fine leave them alone it's free but for those who donate to the site to help it improve don't see much improvement. I'd say a handful of things have been done since we've been on fab (3 years)"

For the £40 i pay & another £40 for our couples profile i think £80 is nothing for the service they provide...people will ask for £50 a couple at parties so £80 a year is a spit in the ocean with no comparison.

Initially its a free working site & for us that pay we get adequate perks for what we pay, the site gets massive hits compared to other swinging sites hence we get a good busy site...you can't buy this.

» Add a new message to this topic