FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Fabswingers.com site feedback > Non verified viewing profiles

Non verified viewing profiles

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *egsandPearly OP   Couple  over a year ago

Shaftesbury

We wondered if there was a way of stopping anyone who was non verified in any way from actually viewing our profile ?

Reply privately (thread closed by moderator)

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

why?

you can have it so they cannot msg, isn't that enough?

imagine everyone did this..the site wouldn't attract many new ppl

By *he devil wears pradaWoman  over a year ago

gosport ish

"We wondered if there was a way of stopping anyone who was non verified in any way from actually viewing our profile ?"
Why? They are only viewing!

By *obsrocketMan  over a year ago

Loughborough

In account settings you can hide your profile from casual viewers and make it only viewable from people who have set up profiles is this what your looking for? I do appreciate people do like to be hidden from the vanilla world, because of jobs or other issues. Otherwise you can hide your profile from certain categories.

Shaftesbury

[Removed by poster at 29/03/15 12:22:24]

Shaftesbury

The reason why we wanted to know is because 99% of those non verified viewers are fakes and time wasters.. if they are not, they would be able to view us once they were verified by someone else or photo verified themselves 

By *ugby 123Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

You don't have to meet them and if you use your message filters they can't mail you either.

So when you first joined and were not verified...did you not view profiles? How did you get your first meet or your first verification?

I am now way way past that stage (even to the point of can i delete verification) we all had to start somewhere.

Shaftesbury

"So when you first joined and were not verified...did you not view profiles? How did you get your first meet or your first verification?

I am now way way past that stage (even to the point of can i delete verification) we all had to start somewhere."

We took that 5 mi utes out of our lives to actually photo verify ourselves so members would know Admin had checked us and we were real.. then we had meets.

Its very simple, whether people like it or not, we dont want non verified able to view our profile because as stated 99% of them are fakes..

"The reason why we wanted to know is because 99% of those non verified viewers are fakes and time wasters.. if they are not, they would be able to view us once they were verified by someone else or photo verified themselves "

And you can prove that?

"So when you first joined and were not verified...did you not view profiles? How did you get your first meet or your first verification?

I am now way way past that stage (even to the point of can i delete verification) we all had to start somewhere.

We took that 5 mi utes out of our lives to actually photo verify ourselves so members would know Admin had checked us and we were real.. then we had meets.

Its very simple, whether people like it or not, we dont want non verified able to view our profile because as stated 99% of them are fakes.. "

Sorry but that's bollox.

Even photo verified and green tick verified profiles have been proven to be fake, but it's not 99% of them.

Who cares who views you, you only need to check people out when someone who you 'may' be interested in actually messages you.

There's no way to stop fakes. I had a guy bug me for ages and when I blocked him he set up a female account and verified that account himself!

But at the same time it's annoying when 2 unverified people meet and can't verify each other because neither is verified so either way, fake or not fake, its a catch 22.

we are not photo verified .if peeps look at profile u know mostly they either wankers or will mail u or ur just not what they looking for, it works both ways, we all look .....

What about all those who view in stealth mode......

if u have something on profile u don't want anyone to see don't show it, u will always get the p eeps who prowl for new pics to look at etc, its nature of the site, all sorts on here

To the Op. Not one to bitch and moan usually cos I think it's pointless, but this thread is the fecking pits. It's understandable that people won't meet none verified members due to concerns but to suggest they shouldn't even be able to look at your profile makes you sound like a right pair of stuck up you know what's. I'm none verified, I am one of the 1% who are genuine. I have Not looked at your profile and have no bleeding intention of doing so.

"The reason why we wanted to know is because 99% of those non verified viewers are fakes and time wasters.. if they are not, they would be able to view us once they were verified by someone else or photo verified themselves "

Especially love this. Let someone else do the dirty work. Laughable.

I know OP mentioned this for a different reason, but it's not a bad idea because some people make new profiles to get round being blocked and they wouldn't be able to see your profile.

I have met new members who've only been on a couple of weeks and not verified and not had a problem with that, but i like the idea of blocking people from looking at my profile if they're new for my reason above.

"To the Op. Not one to bitch and moan usually cos I think it's pointless, but this thread is the fecking pits. It's understandable that people won't meet none verified members due to concerns but to suggest they shouldn't even be able to look at your profile makes you sound like a right pair of stuck up you know what's. I'm none verified, I am one of the 1% who are genuine. I have Not looked at your profile and have no bleeding intention of doing so."

Exactly what I thought as I was lead in bed last night and what's laughable is that I am not photo verified but its never got in my way of meeting

"The reason why we wanted to know is because 99% of those non verified viewers are fakes and time wasters.. if they are not, they would be able to view us once they were verified by someone else or photo verified themselves 

Especially love this. Let someone else do the dirty work. Laughable."

I'm still waiting for them to prove that 99% unverified people on here are fake, think I maybe waiting a long time

Shaftesbury

If you lot bothered to actually read our initial post it said...

"None verified in any way" as in not photo verified or not meet verified..

But some of you are so quick to inform us we are stuck up, full of ourselves etc YOU FAIL TO EVEN READ THE POST PROPERLY !!!

Forum Mod

O o O oo

Ok all calm down, it was just a suggestion.

Shaftesbury

"Ok all calm down, it was just a suggestion."

Sorry

Just getting a tad frustrated at those who didnt bother to read the opening post properly

Pmsl single guys get a hard life on here but this post goes to show, women, couples are on par with them

Shaftesbury

"Pmsl single guys get a hard life on here but this post goes to show, women, couples are on par with them "

Have to laugh.. the comment was spot on , but then the poster hides thier profile.. lol

Forum Mod

O o O oo

Anyone can hide their profile, we do it all the time and still post

Shaftesbury

"Anyone can hide their profile, we do it all the time and still post "

Fail to see why anyone would need to do that

By *ustcutieWoman  over a year ago

edinburgh

Can't honestly see the point in guys photo verifying it's not like there's many women who pretend to be single guys

By *ustcutieWoman  over a year ago

edinburgh

"Anyone can hide their profile, we do it all the time and still post

Fail to see why anyone would need to do that "

Maybe to take a break from meeting but want to continue with forums?

When you sign up to this site you then agree to the terms so if there is anything you don't want people to see or read on your profile then don't put it. The fact is, as soon as you put a profile on here and make it public, any user can have access to it and why wouldn't they, the whole point of the site is to search and message potential meets? The fact you can block non verified users is more than enough for most.

By *he Queen of TartsWoman  over a year ago
Forum Mod

My Own Little World

When I took a break from meeting I hid my profile, still logged into fab to read the forums and chat with friends on here. It just saved me getting the 'your profile is great' mail from those who couldn't read 'NOT MEETING'.

But you don't have to be a member of Fab to read the forums, just an internet connection

"If you lot bothered to actually read our initial post it said...

But some of you are so quick to inform us we are stuck up, full of ourselves etc YOU FAIL TO EVEN READ THE POST PROPERLY !!!

"

We did thanks and it says NON verified not NONE verified, maybe its you who should read your own post before commenting

Forum Mod

O o O oo

For the simple reason of, it is a site function and people can use it how they want to.

A bit like if Admin take up your suggestion and it becomes an option for the site where people can use it if they want to.

Shaftesbury

"If you lot bothered to actually read our initial post it said...

We did thanks and it says NON verified not NONE verified, maybe its you who should read your own post before commenting "

Oh arn't you the clever one noticing the mobile text mistake.. well done

Forum Mod

O o O oo

This is getting silly now.

Your suggestion will have been noted by Admin, if they implement it no doubt they will start a thread letting everyone know, but for now, think this is best closed.