FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Fabswingers.com site feedback > Body types (again) and Gender.

Body types (again) and Gender.

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *alandNita OP   Couple  over a year ago

Scunthorpe

Would it be possible to have gender specific body types to choose from. It always seems wrong when a guy describes himself as Curvy/Ample of Fabulous... of even better.

It would also be good is the profile (m/f couples) stated which was male and which was female... it's not always obvious.

Cheers

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *appyfuckerMan  over a year ago

in a happy place north wales coast

Some people have a different view of curvy fabulous slim ? Omg ive had my eye opened once or twice lol

Scunthorpe

I agree.... but what do you do?

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Curvey on a Woman is sexy but on a man disgusting!

Muscle on a guy is lush but on a woman. hmmmm I don't know

"Would it be possible to have gender specific body types to choose from. It always seems wrong when a guy describes himself as Curvy/Ample of Fabulous... of even better.

It would also be good is the profile (m/f couples) stated which was male and which was female... it's not always obvious.

Cheers"

What would the male alternatives be?

"Bit of a Beer belly"

"Ok I haven't seen the little soldier in a while"

"What do you mean touch my toes I haven't seen them in the last 15 years!!!"

?

I describe my self as fabulous but make is clear in profile im size 16 with big boobs and bum...then there's no confusion..I find a lot of men described as athletic and when you look at pics you're like.....errm no !!

By *he Queen of TartsWoman  over a year ago
Forum Mod

My Own Little World

"I describe my self as fabulous but make is clear in profile im size 16 with big boobs and bum...then there's no confusion..I find a lot of men described as athletic and when you look at pics you're like.....errm no !!"

They think dart players and sumo wrestlers are athletes

Ha, some have bigger moobs than.me

I agree.....one's self belief is perhaps not another's specific type....I am up front n honest...and always exchange pix before a meet....avoids either of us being shocked hehe x

By *eshzMan  over a year ago

I always feel fearful of misleading people on what my body frame looks like...so I always say average...

By *ark1112Man  over a year ago

london

hi mark here, i do

im say bit cubby round the middle thatsome of u lady dont give asecond look . we all reach this age some day!!

It's in the name...

Yeah let's have a go at the fat guys

"I describe my self as fabulous but make is clear in profile im size 16 with big boobs and bum...then there's no confusion..I find a lot of men described as athletic and when you look at pics you're like.....errm no !!"

this has ben a source of confusion for me but what exactly would be the difference between slim and athletic? i'd guess that a majority of athletes would be just slim

By *igoodnightCouple  over a year ago

Darlington

Sometimes things are nicer to the touch than they are to the eye x ?

"I describe my self as fabulous but make is clear in profile im size 16 with big boobs and bum...then there's no confusion..I find a lot of men described as athletic and when you look at pics you're like.....errm no !!

this has ben a source of confusion for me but what exactly would be the difference between slim and athletic? i'd guess that a majority of athletes would be just slim"

No they wouldn't they would be athletic high lean body mass slim can still have a relatively high BF ratio due to low muscle mass but still be slim.

By *layersdelightCouple  over a year ago

Stevenage

"It's in the name... "
lovely body

By *lirtyjjWoman  over a year ago

Meath

"Sometimes things are nicer to the touch than they are to the eye x ?"

I like this

By *osieWoman  over a year ago

Wembley

Guys:

Obese / Overweight / Athletic / Average / Slim

Gals:

And an option to search by body type/filter the home feed too please

"Guys:

Gals:

"

With 60 percent of the population obease that would have to go

Morbidly obease/average/Overweight/athletic/slim

I think the old vital statistics would be better. Followed by your BMI for men. And dress size followed by your BMI for the ladies.

The present system leaves too much to personal interpretation!

Wembley

"I think the old vital statistics would be better. Followed by your BMI for men. And dress size followed by your BMI for the ladies.

The present system leaves too much to personal interpretation! "

What is wrong with: beached whale, really fat, average UK size 16 fat, average, slim? Not politically correct enough?

"Curvey on a Woman is sexy but on a man disgusting!

Muscle on a guy is lush but on a woman. hmmmm I don't know "

Depends what you mean by curvy..some people describe themselves as this...when they blatantly should be one or two categories up lol

"Guys:

Gals:

With 60 percent of the population obease that would have to go

Morbidly obease/average/Overweight/athletic/slim"

lol

I had myself down as fabulous and had messages from guys telling me I had put wrong category lol

How rude of them ! Hope you put them straight

I like to think of myself as athletically curvy. Covers a few areas well

"How rude of them ! Hope you put them straight"

Fabulous on here means massively fat....lol

"Guys:

Gals:

"

I think just sizes should be fine

I.e, ladies, 8, 10, 12, 14 etc

Men. 32, 34, 36, 38 etc

Scunthorpe

"Guys:

Gals:

I think just sizes should be fine

I.e, ladies, 8, 10, 12, 14 etc

Men. 32, 34, 36, 38 etc"

I'm not sure that works either though, especially for men because the size is just waist and a 32" waist could be fat if you're 5 foot and skinny if you're six foot six..

I definitely think that there should be different categories for blokes though. Maybe Muscular, should be one, I've seen just as many "Muscular guys" and "Over Weight" who list themselves as Large.

Searching by sizes wouldn't work so well for that same reason.

Maybe there should be an auto-calculation based on the stats you enter that assigns a description - that could be interesting.

I'm sure a similar thing could be done based on face pics

"How rude of them ! Hope you put them straight

Fabulous on here means massively fat....lol"

lol!

I don't mind men with a bit of meat on them prefer that to 6 packs . Each to their own we all like different body types thank goodness

Hairy chests are very - yummy too

Would it be ok to ask for pics to save everyone's individual interpretations of size and descriptions

Would it be ok to ask for pics to save everyone's individual interpretations of size and descriptions

I'd opt for removing it altogether, since you can't search by it anyway! People will make up their mind based on photos anyway.

By *arehamMan  over a year ago

handforth

All fancy words for fat.

I have no qalms about saying i'm fat because i am and would rather people know that first as most people will judge on that first.

I know this means i have little chance of a meet but would rather not get a meet than pretend to be something i am not.

I do agree that the search criteria beed to be expanded no point in having options if u cant search for them.

But please dont slav people off just because there not your idea of purfect.

"I'd opt for removing it altogether, since you can't search by it anyway! People will make up their mind based on photos anyway. "

This

Except when there are no photos - and photos can be just as misleading anyway. I'm in favor of more options, not less.

"Except when there are no photos - and photos can be just as misleading anyway. I'm in favor of more options, not less."

Photos can be misleading, but so can anybody's description they choose to use. I get 2 or 3 messages a day telling me I shouldn't have selected 'large', but that's what I felt was most accurate in my opinion, it's obviously totally subjective.

But I don't engage with profiles that have no photos at all anyway. I honestly never even think to look at whether they've classed themself as slim/large/fabulous or whatever.

"I'd opt for removing it altogether, since you can't search by it anyway! People will make up their mind based on photos anyway.

This "

but what do you class as average these days ? peoples views have changed of late

By *inkyandperky555Couple  over a year ago

swansea

Why not just send a pic end of then.

Scunthorpe

"I'd opt for removing it altogether, since you can't search by it anyway! People will make up their mind based on photos anyway.

"

Whilst I agree with this, it could help reduce the annoyance of being asked for pics then being told "No Ta!"

Also, lots of people don't have any "Full Body" photo's, just close-ups of certain bits.

Whilst I agree with this, it could help reduce the annoyance of being asked for pics then being told "No Ta!"

Also, lots of people don't have any "Full Body" photo's, just close-ups of certain bits."

Which is why more options are better than less. Between photos and description I can usually decide if somebody is of interest.

I'll bet if it were possible to search by body size people would be more selective in how they described themselves.

Also, lots of people don't have any "Full Body" photo's, just close-ups of certain bits.

Which is why more options are better than less. Between photos and description I can usually decide if somebody is of interest.

I'll bet if it were possible to search by body size people would be more selective in how they described themselves. "

I think if you could search by body size you would get more people being a bit over-optimistic with their descriptions of themselves in case they ruled themselves out of people's searches.

A height based search though I'd be fully on board with!

Well a bullshit filter would be tricky (but useful). Seems a bit pointless that Fab collects the data but doesn't permit people to search by it - height, weight, interests,whatever.

[Removed by poster at 11/04/15 19:46:32]

I'll bet if it were possible to search by body size people would be more selective in how they described themselves. "

"Well a bullshit filter would be tricky (but useful). Seems a bit pointless that Fab collects the data but doesn't permit people to search by it - height, weight, interests,whatever."

I think we'd all love the bullshit filter

And can we have an ageing body filter too please

By *ebenhamCouple  over a year ago

SomewhereinSuffolk

"I think the old vital statistics would be better. Followed by your BMI for men. And dress size followed by your BMI for the ladies.

The present system leaves too much to personal interpretation! "

BMI is a much misused guide for health. It was designed to look at health trends in large samples of population not individuals.

Bodybuilders and well muscled athletes end up a high bmi despite having next to no fat on them.

If you have a high BMI and plenty of muscle you're fine. Plenty of fat and you're not. Either way you'll likely already know this.

"If you have a high BMI and plenty of muscle you're fine. Plenty of fat and you're not. Either way you'll likely already know this."

BMI is a much misused guide for health. It was designed to look at health trends in large samples of population not individuals.

Bodybuilders and well muscled athletes end up a high bmi despite having next to no fat on them."

Bmi is meant to be applicable to the average person, yes the very tiny proportion of the population that is a high end athlete or body builder breaks the scale however that doesn't mean it isn't valid for the average person.

Bodybuilders and well muscled athletes end up a high bmi despite having next to no fat on them.

Bmi is meant to be applicable to the average person, yes the very tiny proportion of the population that is a high end athlete or body builder breaks the scale however that doesn't mean it isn't valid for the average person.

"

some people are just afraid to admit things - I was in the obese scale before I lost 3 stone....used to kid myself that I was "just muscley" - ....well I AM "muscley"...but to lose 3 stone of FAT and now be the weight that I am, I musrt have been obese.... I was a quarter of my bodyweight overweight (yes you can now do the sums ha ha)

so for average people ...yes the BMI IS a good scale ...

Wembley

some people are just afraid to admit things - I was in the obese scale before I lost 3 stone....used to kid myself that I was "just muscley" - ....well I AM "muscley"...but to lose 3 stone of FAT and now be the weight that I am, I musrt have been obese.... I was a quarter of my bodyweight overweight (yes you can now do the sums ha ha)

so for average people ...yes the BMI IS a good scale ..."

By *oleLottaLoveCouple  over a year ago

Warrington

So where would I fit in....I'm 115kg doctors say I'm the perfect weight for my size......

8foot 4"

I'll bet you have trouble fitting in small cars

"Sometimes things are nicer to the touch than they are to the eye x ?"

Yes I think I fall into that category

By *oleLottaLoveCouple  over a year ago

Warrington

"I'll bet you have trouble fitting in small cars "

I do have trouble fitting into a lot of things

I'm only 6'1" but like cartman I'm big boned!

By *entadreadMan  over a year ago

Essex

Liking what I see...

» Add a new message to this topic