FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Fabswingers.com site feedback > Edit button on the Forums?

Edit button on the Forums?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Is there any chance that there could be an edit button on the forums, instead of deleting the whole thing?

I've posted a few times, and only noticed typos after I clicked post message, but didn't want to mess up the thread with double posts.

Of course, I wouldn't have this problem if I took time with my messages. But hey, noone's prefect!

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *rettyLittleThingWoman  over a year ago

Swansea

This is a total need for me on a forums but they won't though and it's been covered in other threads before.

It would complicate things for other users ( not sure how as it's quite simple and straight forward I would of thought?) and there is always the "delete post" button if you do make a mistake.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

The clever people ignore mistakes.

"Is there any chance that there could be an edit button on the forums, instead of deleting the whole thing?

I've posted a few times, and only noticed typos after I clicked post message, but didn't want to mess up the thread with double posts.

Of course, I wouldn't have this problem if I took time with my messages. But hey, noone's prefect!"

if you click on preview message if there are any typos you can alter it before posting it thats the same as editing isnt it.

By *yrdwomanWoman  over a year ago

Putting the 'cum' in Eboracum

"This is a total need for me on a forums but they won't though and it's been covered in other threads before.

It would complicate things for other users ( not sure how as it's quite simple and straight forward I would of thought?) and there is always the "delete post" button if you do make a mistake."

Its because if someone replies to a post then the post is edited, it won't make sense. You can have all sorts of fun with editing posts if you have good timing. Even if there's a maximum editing time.

"Is there any chance that there could be an edit button on the forums, instead of deleting the whole thing?

Of course, I wouldn't have this problem if I took time with my messages. But hey, noone's prefect!

if you click on preview message if there are any typos you can alter it before posting it thats the same as editing isnt it.

"

By *rettyLittleThingWoman  over a year ago

Swansea

You could argue that yes but I dont really use that function especially when I am typing on my phone.

I'd agree with other people quoting etc and stuff but a timed edit (say 5 minutes) is more than reasonable.

By *4nc3rCouple  over a year ago

Clacton-On-Sea, Essex

I don't understand why when you delete a post it only deletes the content of the text and not just the whole post either....

Every other forum I've ever used (and I have a lot of hobbies I like to chat about) has always had an edit post button and keeps a log of the original post available to view incase people wanted to see what the old one was aswell as the new...

» Add a new message to this topic