FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Fabswingers.com site feedback > Seperate TV and TS

Seperate TV and TS

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

In order to differentiate between transvestites/cross-dressers etc. and those who are transsexual - meaning people with Gender Identity Disorder or who do not conform to gender binaries.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I think this is a good idea

There's only pre op TS's because the other side of the coin is wo(man)hood and cross-dressers don't have to put themselves as tv's/ts's as you can put male with cross-dressing as an interest so problem solved

By *et a roomCouple  over a year ago

Leeds

I think this is a good idea. TS is completely different from TV / cross dressing.

"In order to differentiate between transvestites/cross-dressers etc. and those who are transsexual - meaning people with Gender Identity Disorder or who do not conform to gender binaries. "

Great idea!

It would probably also be helpful to add the other couple possibilities involving TV/TS - eg M/TS couple

Long overdue!

Completely different worlds - one is about the person within, the other is about the clothes on the outside...

So ok I like to make a full effort when I dress and be smooth, made up and dressed up. I would love to transition but life has been cruel and made me tall and I wouldn't say I'm entirety convincing so instead of being full time I have to bottle it up until I get the opportunity to dress. So am I Tv or Ts? See not everything is black or white.

"So ok I like to make a full effort when I dress and be smooth, made up and dressed up. I would love to transition but life has been cruel and made me tall and I wouldn't say I'm entirety convincing so instead of being full time I have to bottle it up until I get the opportunity to dress. So am I Tv or Ts? See not everything is black or white."

Likewise - I don't ever intend to transition, but I make a significant effort and naturally am feminine. So I would disagree to having "male with an interest in cross dressing".

I do agree that TS need a category

Definitely a good idea!

By *eordie JoJoTV/TS  over a year ago

Newcastle

Wondered how long it would be to before another thread was created for this

I'm very convincing and act very fem ... (Give most TS a run for their money) again society loves a "label" .. I understand for post op TS ... Who have had the "full change" as legal they should be classed as a woman .... But to say there is a physical difference between a post Op TS and a well dressed CD.... Both got dicks ... Just one has a different mins set ... And I doubt most men on fab are here for the intellectual conversations .. As that part is more about "your thought processes and how you tick" so should be have a chat room for post/ pre op TS? Chat room for "yes I'm a TV but I don't wear my wife's panties or tights" ? ... Or chat room for "i look like a bloke dressed as a woman" ... Where does it stop?! ... For me it's about integration not segregation .... If I'm honest I thing they should categorise it as "Tgirls". And therefore it's up to you when chatting to form your own opinion or just keep it the way it is .... I'm 6ft 3 with 32 inch legs and size 6 dress size with size 6 feet (I'm all in proportion) and also make an effort so I would be offended to be put in a category of big stocky hairy panties wearing men .... So how do we keep everyone happy?! ....

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Seems to be a massive misunderstanding about Gender Identity Disorder.

If your sex is the opposite of what you were assigned at birth, that's Transsexual (used to be Transgendered).

True in one sense but Transgender people remain who they really are in whatever clothes they wear.

Only surgery seems to be the confirmation from society that they have become the sex that they intend to be.Thousands of us out there are trapped in the wrong sex body with no chance of corrective surgery due to an endless list of obsticles,family,finance,career entrapment etc,etc

By *j-1990Man  over a year ago

Belfast

"True in one sense but Transgender people remain who they really are in whatever clothes they wear.

Only surgery seems to be the confirmation from society that they have become the sex that they intend to be.Thousands of us out there are trapped in the wrong sex body with no chance of corrective surgery due to an endless list of obsticles,family,finance,career entrapment etc,etc"

As much as what you're saying is true - it doesn't change the fact that currently someone who is not cis is currently lumped in with the bloke wearing his wife's knickers because it makes him feel kinky - I'd imagine that someone in the situation you've described would still have the option of choosing, which is better than the current system, although I do feel fab needs a complete overhaul when it comes to gender, best example I can give is that there is no current representation for non cis people in relationships.

» Add a new message to this topic