FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Fabswingers.com site feedback > Fake profiles.

Fake profiles.

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ingerbreadoo OP   Couple  over a year ago

Chester

Needs to be some sort of rating algorithm to determine the legitimacy of profiles.

So many "verified" accounts who are "verified" by one person, who is also "verified" by one person, repeat repeat repeat.

The algorithm could be calculated by looking at the total verification chain, assessing the "score" by the amount of verifications from each person in that chain and assigning a score and a traffic light system

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

But surely they could be verified by one person, who is verified by one person etc and still be genuine?

So how do you decide the legitimacy of profiles that have no verifications?

I think my profile might break the algorithm? I'm verified by a large number of people....some of whom are also verified by many many others.

Surely it only takes a few seconds for you to do this kind of check yourself if you are so concerned.

I get loads of people who are "not looking for single guys" checking my profile....many of these are probably doing just that! It's called "paper trailing".

Should just get rid of verifications, they cause way too much angst for some. I prefer to use my gut instinct and common sense.

"Should just get rid of verifications, they cause way too much angst for some. I prefer to use my gut instinct and common sense. "

Chester

Yeah, but a traffic light system or indicator would assist you and stop the need to further search.

Chester

No.. Yours is perfect, it shows that there's a huge chance you're actually a real person.

Maybe you'd work off the last 10 verifications, their last 10 verifications, and their last ten verifications or something like that - smaller numbers wouldn't matter it would just be an indicator from the quality of other verifications.

Thinking out loud.

By *onnie and JohnCouple  over a year ago

WILTSHIRE

we don't take too much notice of veris, we just send a few messages exchange photo, arrange to meet socially in a bar if he/she/they turn up go from there, if no show at least we are out of the house ..connie x

By *ugby 123Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

I think I may carry on using my gut instinct....much less complicated

Another good way to spot fakes is to use the Free tiny eye site. You simply upload a picture they have sent you and will tell you if it is from a site on the web. I caught someone out doing this to me when they sent some pix on skype.

I think the ones on Fabs are already screened using this king of method

[Removed by poster at 26/08/15 11:18:38]

"I think I may carry on using my gut instinct....much less complicated "

Yep immediate gut instinct seems to work for us x

By *ezebelWoman  over a year ago

North of The Wall - youll need your vest

"No.. Yours is perfect, it shows that there's a huge chance you're actually a real person.

Maybe you'd work off the last 10 verifications, their last 10 verifications, and their last ten verifications or something like that - smaller numbers wouldn't matter it would just be an indicator from the quality of other verifications.

Thinking out loud. "

Im crap at maths, Id never get a shag

By *idsmale121Man  over a year ago

West Midlands

There should be a VIP area for people tick all the boxes of a criteria,who have been on over a certain time and also be gold/ silver supporters of the site for say over 12 months then those who change there profiles every week or have no verification, pictures etc can't get into the VIP area. If you are then reported for being a timewaister say 3 times once in the VIP area you are kicked out and you have to build up your time again. This would go a long way to making this swingers site more fun for the genuine swingers on this site.

What do people think???

By *yrdwomanWoman  over a year ago

Putting the 'cum' in Eboracum

"There should be a VIP area for people tick all the boxes of a criteria,who have been on over a certain time and also be gold/ silver supporters of the site for say over 12 months then those who change there profiles every week or have no verification, pictures etc can't get into the VIP area. If you are then reported for being a timewaister say 3 times once in the VIP area you are kicked out and you have to build up your time again. This would go a long way to making this swingers site more fun for the genuine swingers on this site.

What do people think???"

How do you know there isn't already?

By *idsmale121Man  over a year ago

West Midlands

"There should be a VIP area for people tick all the boxes of a criteria,who have been on over a certain time and also be gold/ silver supporters of the site for say over 12 months then those who change there profiles every week or have no verification, pictures etc can't get into the VIP area. If you are then reported for being a timewaister say 3 times once in the VIP area you are kicked out and you have to build up your time again. This would go a long way to making this swingers site more fun for the genuine swingers on this site.

What do people think???

How do you know there isn't already? "

Well if there is I've not seen it or heard of anyone being in it!!!

"No.. Yours is perfect, it shows that there's a huge chance you're actually a real person.

Thinking out loud.

Im crap at maths, Id never get a shag "

I'll send you my spreadsheet.

Verdi's are not aged way to to decide is someone is gen or not. We haven't had one for a couple of years because the Mrs was poorly. Does that mean we aren't genuine? No , it just means we haven't played for a while.

My two pennies worth

"Yeah, but a traffic light system or indicator would assist you and stop the need to further search. "

I only have couple verifications yet met dozens, just didn't bother verifying and vice versa

So does that mean I'm fake, how would your calculation include all my unverified meets?

By *osieWoman  over a year ago

Wembley

Thinking out loud.

Im crap at maths, Id never get a shag "

2 into 2 = a foursome; that is all one needs to know

By *harpDressed ManMan  over a year ago

Here occasionally, but mostly somewhere else

Fair play to OP....

Not many can spell algorithm AND use it in context.

I think making photo verification mandatory at sign up would benefit the entire site. Only then will we know for sure that it's a genuine profile and not someone using random photos from the web.

"I think making photo verification mandatory at sign up would benefit the entire site. Only then will we know for sure that it's a genuine profile and not someone using random photos from the web."

I would agree! Far to easy to set up a fake profile and use anyones pictures without their knowledge.. There is another site that gives people 3 days to verify or it removes their profile. I hate seeing new profiles with face pictures of some poor girl who more than likely has know idea she is on the site!

I also think any unverified profile should not have access to the sites pictures.. We would love to show a few public pictures but we feel the site is full of voyeurs!

As for verifications they are a great tool to help you decide if someone is genuine but you still have to use your head! We do not show local verifications due to our small community and ask others not to publish any we give. They can be very indiscreet

By *ythenshawefredMan  over a year ago

stockport

"I think I may carry on using my gut instinct....much less complicated "

Age old thing if it seems too good to be true it probably is, having said that I've had my gut feeling proved wrong a couple of times I'm happy to say

» Add a new message to this topic