FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Fabswingers.com site feedback > A big thank you to Admin & the Mods

A big thank you to Admin & the Mods

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *andom2chat OP   Man  over a year ago

A Galaxy Far, Far Away & Spain

I'd just like to give a big shout out & say thanks to the very swift actions of Admin & the Mods at Fab.

Whilst uploading some new pics & seeing Who Viewed etc I checked another users Friends List & was surprised when I stumbled on some guy in Ireland on here using one of my own pics. I wasn't sure whether to be flattered or furious but reported it to the Admin team. Within 30 minutes the Mods investigated, the pic was removed from his profile & the matter dealt with.

It goes to show you that the volunteers who moderate on Fab can do a great job to keep pic stealers & fakes at bay. I hope they look into all his other photos in his gallery now & check how genuine they are. Good work Admin. I appreciate your speedy action.

Reply privately (thread closed by moderator)

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I reported some dude on here and action was taken very swiftly, never thought reporting to admin worked but it sure does. So thank you from me too

Yaay for admins! Some guy (fake) made a profile and used a picture off a Christian site over in texas apparently he was within a mile of me(40 miles from aberdeen Scotland) - people forget you can google search pictures! Reported and now the pictures down but profiles still on the go. Blocked mind you.

"I reported some dude on here and action was taken very swiftly, never thought reporting to admin worked but it sure does. So thank you from me too "

"Yaay for admins! Some guy (fake) made a profile and used a picture off a Christian site over in texas apparently he was within a mile of me(40 miles from aberdeen Scotland) - people forget you can google search pictures! Reported and now the pictures down but profiles still on the go. Blocked mind you."

"I'd just like to give a big shout out & say thanks to the very swift actions of Admin & the Mods at Fab.

Whilst uploading some new pics & seeing Who Viewed etc I checked another users Friends List & was surprised when I stumbled on some guy in Ireland on here using one of my own pics. I wasn't sure whether to be flattered or furious but reported it to the Admin team. Within 30 minutes the Mods investigated, the pic was removed from his profile & the matter dealt with.

It goes to show you that the volunteers who moderate on Fab can do a great job to keep pic stealers & fakes at bay. I hope they look into all his other photos in his gallery now & check how genuine they are. Good work Admin. I appreciate your speedy action.

"

Hats off to Random, fair play for posting it. It's nice to see some positive posts around the work that's performed by the ADMIN & MOD Team in the background!

People are sometimes too quick to judge when something is not resolved instantly.

" Hats off to Random, fair play for posting it. It's nice to see some positive posts around the work that's performed by the ADMIN & MOD Team in the background!

People are sometimes too quick to judge when something is not resolved instantly.

"

Indeed, it's far easier to write a post in anger if something is wrong than it seems to take a little time to construct something positive when something goes right. I know the Mods & Admin do a thankless task & can be criticised for their voltuntary efforts at times, but they moved quickly to remove not just my pic but others the user was using, so they must be investigating his other pics (as his gallery is now down to three).

It's made me cautious about how I'll display my own pics & for now hidden my profile so the offender can't use any more of my gallery to display on his profile. Maybe he thought being in Ireland a Scot would be unlikely to come across his profile but Fab is that kind of community where we make friends from all over.

Whilst my confidence about displaying my own gallery might be shaken at least my appreciation in the Admin teams sterling efforts has grown.

I may consider only posting pics I've attached my name diagonally across so as they can't be cropped by other users in future.

By *awty_MissDynomiteNo1Woman  over a year ago

No idea, I'm lost. Damn Sat nav!

"I'd just like to give a big shout out & say thanks to the very swift actions of Admin & the Mods at Fab.

"

glad it all got sorted xxx

[Removed by poster at 01/09/15 01:45:26]

Well far from saying what a great job they do , we would like to say that the mod who removed 2 of our pics last night has spoilt a wonderful week for us .

We put 2 pics up last Wednesday , the first had almost 5000 fabs and the other over 2000 . Then last night they had gone ( well been rejected ) and that was such a dissapointment .

So thanks for that

By *j_markCouple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Totteridge/Whetstone

"Well far from saying what a great job they do , we would like to say that the mod who removed 2 of our pics last night has spoilt a wonderful week for us .

We put 2 pics up last Wednesday , the first had almost 5000 fabs and the other over 2000 . Then last night they had gone ( well been rejected ) and that was such a dissapointment .

So thanks for that "

Did they break site rules? If they did, they'll be reported by someone and reviewed and rejected. If not, just use CONTACT link at bottom of homepage and request them to be reviewed by following the CONTACT SITE OWNERS link

Admin x

"

Bet his profile has remained on the site though even though he is clearly a fake.

"Bet his profile has remained on the site though even though he is clearly a fake."

True his profile is still active even tho many of his pics have been removed & he's down to 3 pics. These could be his own as I haven't Google Imaged them. I'd like to think Admin will be keeping an eye on him tho. Perhaps the the Mod Team can advise about whether they do this?

By *ugby 123Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

Here is an explanation from Admin from another thread on how they deal with reports.

******Just a quick note. If people report others and we can verify that they have broken site rules, we always take action (either a first and final warning, partially suspended account, fully suspended, mixture of the above).

Every single report sent via the REPORT link is reviewed. Clearly it's not in our interests to have people on here who are bad for the site. Equally we need to verify what has been reported and be fair to those who have been reported.

Admin

PS. we never provide feedback on what has happened. It's just not practical given that we get 100s of reports a day.

Here is what the page says after a report has been submitted:

--

Your feedback has been saved.

A website admin will shortly review your feedback and take the necessary action. After reviewing the evidence available to us, we may disable an account, remove a user, disable certain aspects of that user's account or issue a warning.

By leaving feedback you help improve the site for everyone who uses it. Thank you.******

Thanks Rugby, much appreciated. Oh & I'm now redoing my gallery pics with my username diagonally sprawled over my pics using the Phonto App (other Apps are available). It will take days no doubt & I'm not even sure if I have all these pics anymore as they could be deleted or moved to laptop (just in case I ever lost my phone - can't have pics of my bits on it. Lol).

It sounds like a log of inconvenience but it should stop others cropping my pics & using them in future (plus I like the Clubland font).

By *awty_MissDynomiteNo1Woman  over a year ago

No idea, I'm lost. Damn Sat nav!

"Thanks Rugby, much appreciated. Oh & I'm now redoing my gallery pics with my username diagonally sprawled over my pics using the Phonto App (other Apps are available). It will take days no doubt & I'm not even sure if I have all these pics anymore as they could be deleted or moved to laptop (just in case I ever lost my phone - can't have pics of my bits on it. Lol).

It sounds like a log of inconvenience but it should stop others cropping my pics & using them in future (plus I like the Clubland font).

"

I've been doing this for a while now

It appears that the person who stole my pic is now UNLOS. I wonder how long before he's back under another name & likely using more stolen pics.