FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Fabswingers.com site feedback > Face pic classification

Face pic classification

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ounglad OP   Man  over a year ago

Burnham

What does everyone think of adding a face pic classification to pics? That way you can make a filter so that people who only respond if there's a face pic can block messages of it doesn't have a face pic.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *lik and PaulCouple  over a year ago

Flagrante

That would rule out a significant majority on here then.

By *bi HaiveMan  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Cheeseville, Somerset

"What does everyone think of adding a face pic classification to pics? That way you can make a filter so that people who only respond if there's a face pic can block messages of it doesn't have a face pic. "

Do you mean a public pic?

Or one in friends only? Or one in private?

Because it would be an easy filter to get around by putting one in your private gallery - and then never actually sending it to anyone.

A

Burnham

"What does everyone think of adding a face pic classification to pics? That way you can make a filter so that people who only respond if there's a face pic can block messages of it doesn't have a face pic.

Because it would be an easy filter to get around by putting one in your private gallery - and then never actually sending it to anyone.

A"

As in I noticed that quite a few profiles specify that you need to attach a face pic in your first message. There's already a filter that blocks people if you don't fit their specification ( I. E age range, wrong gender) so is it possible to edit a bit so that your message doesn't get sent unless you've attached a face pic

By *bi HaiveMan  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Cheeseville, Somerset

"What does everyone think of adding a face pic classification to pics? That way you can make a filter so that people who only respond if there's a face pic can block messages of it doesn't have a face pic.

A

As in I noticed that quite a few profiles specify that you need to attach a face pic in your first message. There's already a filter that blocks people if you don't fit their specification ( I. E age range, wrong gender) so is it possible to edit a bit so that your message doesn't get sent unless you've attached a face pic"

I doubt it.

You'd have to set up a specific album titled face pic, get any pics submitted moderated to ensure they were faces rather than anything else and even then you'd only have the word of the sender that it's actually they're own face - rather than one pilfered from the net (as even photo verification pics don't have to show faces!)

There's no foolproof system. If you're that bothered then simply delete any incoming messages that don't contain a face pic. Simples.

A

By *ornyal47Man  over a year ago

Bury

I always send my face pic when asked for it coz it's the right thing to do

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Yeah i like this idea, most people waste their time messaging me because they have no face pics or expect me to ask for them and i cba.

By *ilmiss75Woman  over a year ago

Thornton

Why should people have to send a face pic tho? If that became a rule i would leave the site. How would you feel if you messaged someone and it ended out to be a work collegue or a member of your family?

I never ask for one. I like to chat a little and see if we get along first. Then see who im speaking to. Id never meet anyone without seeing them but its not essential in a first message as far as im concerned.

By *ighting17thMan  over a year ago

Bodmin

I never send a face pic with a first message. If people read my profile and are even remotely interested, they will see that I have confirmed I have pics here which I am happy to send.

I think the people who state in their profile, " face pic must be attached to first message or we will just ignore and delete..." are, frankly, expecting a bit much for an initial approach.

Why on earth should they see a face straight away?

This is why my profile states I have a pic and am happy to share it. However I will not send it out just because someone demands it on their profile?

To answer a question of a way to guarantee the pic is genuine? How about this?

Maybe it can be suggested that, like the verification photo idea, people can ask for a picture uniquely taken for them. For an example, you can ask them to hold a piece of paper with your username written on it, or even just the date? That person sending the picture could then say, " this is me, I'm a bit scruffy ATM as I just walked the dog, but this is definitely who you're talking to, please take a look at my others ... Then send nice,pre prepared ones which do them justice?

By *ifes journeyCouple  over a year ago

scotland

"Why should people have to send a face pic tho? If that became a rule i would leave the site. How would you feel if you messaged someone and it ended out to be a work collegue or a member of your family?

I never ask for one. I like to chat a little and see if we get along first. Then see who im speaking to. Id never meet anyone without seeing them but its not essential in a first message as far as im concerned."

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"Why should people have to send a face pic tho? If that became a rule i would leave the site. How would you feel if you messaged someone and it ended out to be a work collegue or a member of your family?

I never ask for one. I like to chat a little and see if we get along first. Then see who im speaking to. Id never meet anyone without seeing them but its not essential in a first message as far as im concerned."

I've made the mistake of doing this, now the guy has sent his pic i don't fancy him.

Burnham

I'm not saying it should be a rule, I'm just saying a filter option should be available since there are a lot of profiles that state "no face pic, no reply"

» Add a new message to this topic