FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Fabswingers.com site feedback > Unread msgs 'falling off' bottom of page.

Unread msgs 'falling off' bottom of page.

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

As an older single man, less likely to get fast replies to my initial-approach messages, I accumulate a lot of unread messages on the 'sent messages' page.

But the page has limited capacity, and a lot of earlier sent messages drop off the bottom of the visible page (although still in the system). Thus, I can't see whether those 'disappeared' messages have been read, or deleted, unless I get a reply. I would prefer to know their 'fate'.

Could a way be provided, please, - even if only for paying site-supporters ? - to get access to those earlier messages that have 'fallen off' the bottom of the 'sent' page ?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *inky-MinxWoman  over a year ago

Grantham

If you delete a load of the ones you can see the ones that 'fell off' will start to show up again

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"As an older single man, less likely to get fast replies to my initial-approach messages, I accumulate a lot of unread messages on the 'sent messages' page.

But the page has limited capacity, and a lot of earlier sent messages drop off the bottom of the visible page (although still in the system). Thus, I can't see whether those 'disappeared' messages have been read, or deleted, unless I get a reply. I would prefer to know their 'fate'.

Could a way be provided, please, - even if only for paying site-supporters ? - to get access to those earlier messages that have 'fallen off' the bottom of the 'sent' page ?"

I'd take a guess that if they haven't been answered in the time it takes to fall off the page, your answer is clearly no...I always think that people would have a much better time here if they concentrated on their in rather than their out box

"As an older single man, less likely to get fast replies to my initial-approach messages, I accumulate a lot of unread messages on the 'sent messages' page.

Could a way be provided, please, - even if only for paying site-supporters ? - to get access to those earlier messages that have 'fallen off' the bottom of the 'sent' page ?"

I think it's because the woman get that many messages, your message you send just drops off the bottom and in less they clear a few, they will never be seen or read. So if they are not read within 48 hours, they probably won't be

By *inky-MinxWoman  over a year ago

Grantham

"So if they are not read within 48 hours, they probably won't be "

I'd disagree with that, I reply to all my messages but not within 48 hours

if we could send an instant message in a chat box rather then using the present mail system we could then choose to chat instantly (or not).

this would probably vastly reduce the amount of mail in the present system, other sites use instant messaging and I'm sure it would be a welcomed feature here

Your probably only messaging the most popular people on fab who receive hundreds of messages a week

Impossible to sort through so become left unanswered

Delete all and message local who suit you most

more likely to get a reply

[Removed by poster at 30/09/15 19:07:44]

"If you delete a load of the ones you can see the ones that 'fell off' will start to show up again "

Yes, but then I'll have likewise lost the newer ones, and because they're deleted (not just 'pushed out') they'll be irretrievable.

But thanks to all respondents here for your comments.

Do people send mail on here

Dont bother worrying about sent messages. Delete them after you send them. All that angst will be gone. It might be liberating?

"if we could send an instant message in a chat box rather then using the present mail system we could then choose to chat instantly (or not).

this would probably vastly reduce the amount of mail in the present system, other sites use instant messaging and I'm sure it would be a welcomed feature here"

No problem, are you going to pay for the development costs?

By *he Queen of TartsWoman  over a year ago
Forum Mod

My Own Little World

"if we could send an instant message in a chat box rather then using the present mail system we could then choose to chat instantly (or not).

this would probably vastly reduce the amount of mail in the present system, other sites use instant messaging and I'm sure it would be a welcomed feature here"

There is an instant chat system, it is called the chat rooms.

By *hole Lotta RosieWoman  over a year ago

Deviant City

should do away with the sent box altogether.

» Add a new message to this topic