FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Fabswingers.com site feedback > Blocked memebra can comment on Forum threads

Blocked memebra can comment on Forum threads

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *eonardoLove OP   Man  over a year ago

London

It would be useful for blocked users to be unable to comment of threads created by the user who blocked them.

It would help a lot the genuine discussions on the Forum

Thanks.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

London

*on threads

**blocked members (title)

By *he devil wears pradaWoman  over a year ago

gosport ish

It's an open forum so anyone can read/reply on it op.

London

"It's an open forum so anyone can read/reply on it op. "

The problem is that haters, fakes and trolls have the possibility to hijack the thread with non-sense offences to a target user

London

There could be the option at least to not read comments from blocked people. At least you will not lose the genuine comments

By *he Queen of TartsWoman  over a year ago
Forum Mod

My Own Little World

But then I am sure that threads started by some Fab members would look very sparse if none of the people the OP had blocked or been blocked by were unable to comment

gosport ish

"There could be the option at least to not read comments from blocked people. At least you will not lose the genuine comments "
so what is a 'genuine' reply op? You'll always get trolls and keyboard warriors just ignore them it's very simple

London

"There could be the option at least to not read comments from blocked people. At least you will not lose the genuine comments so what is a 'genuine' reply op? You'll always get trolls and keyboard warriors just ignore them it's very simple "

A genuine reply is someone who do not go off topic

Well difficult if thw thread is full of off-topic comments. You lose the genuine ones

By *ugby 123Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

No thread ever stays on topic. Having said that if someone is deliberately causing mayhem report the post and someone will take a look

gosport ish

"There could be the option at least to not read comments from blocked people. At least you will not lose the genuine comments so what is a 'genuine' reply op? You'll always get trolls and keyboard warriors just ignore them it's very simple

A genuine reply is someone who do not go off topic

Well difficult if thw thread is full of off-topic comments. You lose the genuine ones "

The whole concept of a forum is the bringing together of opinions, thoughts etcetera from a diverse range of people and this will inevitably mean that they will go off topic, it's the rich tapestry of life op

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Just because you start a thread doesn't mean you own the thread. It is thrown open for open discussion it can go many ways not always the way you wanted

By *nsert user name hereMan  over a year ago

Manchester

I block people I have no interest in, doesn't mean there bad people or have a problem talking to them so don't see the problem with them on the forums

I've never come across a forum like the ones here. On every other site i use, blocked members can't see each others posts. But it's not been a problem for me yet and i have a block list of thousands.

London

"I've never come across a forum like the ones here. On every other site i use, blocked members can't see each others posts. But it's not been a problem for me yet and i have a block list of thousands."

Yes it is a normal thing to do.

"I've never come across a forum like the ones here. On every other site i use, blocked members can't see each others posts. But it's not been a problem for me yet and i have a block list of thousands."

Same here. find it unusual that it's being said that it's an open forum so everyone should see, yet in the chatrooms you can't see what blocked members are saying.

"It would be useful for blocked users to be unable to comment of threads created by the user who blocked them.

It would help a lot the genuine discussions on the Forum

Thanks."

What makes you think that those you've blocked are the ones who cause mayhem on the forums

London

They cause mayhem on my threads, not the entire Forum...

People blocked by other people will cause mayhem on their posts

"They cause mayhem on my threads, not the entire Forum...

People blocked by other people will cause mayhem on their posts "

Now I understand what you meant

By *lacksausageMan  over a year ago

Birmingham Airport

Is this the illegal narcotics thread??

Eh!

By *empting Devil.Woman  over a year ago

Sheffield

There are people who I've blocked and/or who've blocked me who use the forums and we can be part of a healthy, balanced sometimes even emotive discussion without trolling or abuse.

In once recent instance another forumite and I who have mutually blocked and have extremely different options on pretty much everything totally agreed!!! It was such a novel situation I nearly commented to say so. But discretion got the upper hand and I refrained.

Most people are capable of civil debate. Those who aren't should be reported and let it be someone else's problem.

By *uietlykinkymeWoman  over a year ago

kinky land

I don't think removing (hiding posts of users you've blocked) comments from threads will help. If someone else quotes it you'll see it but it will otherwise be disjointed.

It's a site for grown ups okay legally defined grown ups. Take play ground issues else where. Ignore posts or threads by people you disagree with.

Critique the post.... not the poster. Some of the best threads ever have been hijacked ones.

By *irtyGirlWoman  over a year ago

Edinburgh

I don't have anyone on my block list. It's fairly simple to avoid those topics I have no interest in. I don't think it's necessary to behave like children on an adult site. Ignore who makes the thread and reply to the content.

If people are harassing you then report the post to Admin then ignore.

By *harpDressed ManMan  over a year ago

Here occasionally, but mostly somewhere else

"They cause mayhem on my threads"

"My threads "

Brilliant.

By *r and mrs sanddancerCouple  over a year ago

BOLDON COLLIERY

Well tell us yooour best shag ========= sorry thread went that away

» Add a new message to this topic