FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Fabswingers.com site feedback > Private photos in new pics gallery?

Private photos in new pics gallery?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ancduo OP   Couple  over a year ago

Manchester

A few times, when looking (read "perving") though the latest pics in the gallery, I see pics that don't appear in the public photos of the relevant profile. I can only assume these are actually marked as private pics.

If this is the case, should they be showing in the public gallery at https://www.fabswingers.com/browse/gallery if they have been marked as private by the owner?

Reply privately (thread closed by moderator)

By *he Queen of TartsWoman  over a year ago
Forum Mod

My Own Little World

I think that when you upload the pic it is marked as friend only or private it doesn't show in new pics. But if you upload it under any site user then straight away change it to private once it has been approved then it shows in new pics, until it drops off the last page.

By *j_markCouple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Totteridge/Whetstone

"A few times, when looking (read "perving") though the latest pics in the gallery, I see pics that don't appear in the public photos of the relevant profile. I can only assume these are actually marked as private pics.

If this is the case, should they be showing in the public gallery at https://www.fabswingers.com/browse/gallery if they have been marked as private by the owner?"

The images on users page are cached and may take a few minutes to update

Private or friend photos never show in new photos and all newly added photos are private unless set otherwise

Admin x

By *ancduo OP   Couple  over a year ago

Manchester

"The images on users page are cached and may take a few minutes to update"

Ah - that probably explains it then - either that or people change them to private after they were approved as queen stated.

Thanks for the explanation Admin

By *opinovMan  over a year ago

Point Nemo, Cumbria

I thought I'd just mention I can see loads of very explicit photos on Google Images which are not shown publicly on the corresponding users' profiles.

Not good.

By *luffy_bunniesCouple  over a year ago

Ilkeston

We can't find any, but could just be too thick, can anyone else confirm this?

By *easing_twoCouple  over a year ago

Bristol, Thornbury

It's when you accidentally post it as public but change it after.

By *inky-MinxWoman  over a year ago

Grantham

"I thought I'd just mention I can see loads of very explicit photos on Google Images which are not shown publicly on the corresponding users' profiles.

Not good. "

You have to say that you don't want to be indexed by Google. Can't remember if it's only when you create your profile.

By *he Queen of TartsWoman  over a year ago
Forum Mod

My Own Little World

"I thought I'd just mention I can see loads of very explicit photos on Google Images which are not shown publicly on the corresponding users' profiles.

Not good.

You have to say that you don't want to be indexed by Google. Can't remember if it's only when you create your profile."

You can change it anytime, it is in the privacy section.

By *opinovMan  over a year ago

Point Nemo, Cumbria

"It's when you accidentally post it as public but change it after."

Yes indeed, I suspect that may be the source of the problem - personally, I'd never allow Google (or any other SE) anywhere near my profile.

"You have to say that you don't want to be indexed by Google. Can't remember if it's only when you create your profile.

You can change it anytime, it is in the privacy section."

The photos I mentioned aren't mine (mine are noindex), they're someone else's who has their privacy settings set so they cannot be seen by other members - but, they can via Google images.

The root of the problem is that once a GIbot has your images they're going to remain on public SE view even if you change your settings... so allowing GIbot into this site is a very bad idea for that one reason alone.

By *j_markCouple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Totteridge/Whetstone

We've looked at this, the person in question has had a blog that they posted the images on, none have come from fab.

None of our image servers are viewable by googlebot

Admin x