FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Fabswingers.com site feedback > instant message filters for newbies??

instant message filters for newbies??

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Hey after speaking to fab friends and a couple of people who left as quickly as they joined.

Is it possible for newbies to have a few days grace period where they can't receive messages from anyone unless they message 1st?

As im sure every couple or single fem can relate that when they join, within an few hour or less your inbox is into double figures.

This can be very off putting for people who aren't sure if the site/swinging scene is for them.

Getting bombarded with messages like flies round shit can come across that this site is full of sexy mad users, when in fact the site has lots of really nice people.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *lighty1Woman  over a year ago

You Dont Need to Know, right now

An easy way to achieve the same thing would be for the default filters (for newbies) to be set to filter out everyone. Then, when the newbie was comfortable receiving messages, THEY could reset their filters as they wish, and THEY could decide how long they wanted to keep the default filters for.

Yeah or that would work. As it gives the user a chance to get to know the site.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Double figures....? And the rest lol!

I met with a lass from Gloucester about two weeks after she joined the site. She deleted her entire mailbox at 11.00pm. We checked it the next morning over breakfast.....nearly 300 messages!

No chance of reading them all so she just deleted all again......

I think your idea has much merit OP......or the idea of the initial default setting to be blocking all. But current filters can only block men, or by age!

Haha that's why I said at least double figures lol.

By *lighty1Woman  over a year ago

You Dont Need to Know, right now

"...or the idea of the initial default setting to be blocking all. But current filters can only block men, or by age!"

You need to have another look at the Filters page. As well as blocking men and age, you can block women, couples, MM couples, FF couples, non-verifieds, non-site supporters, no public pics. And those are just off the top of my head, there are probably more

"

You need to have another look at the Filters page. As well as blocking men and age, you can block women, couples, MM couples, FF couples, non-verifieds, non-site supporters, no public pics. And those are just off the top of my head, there are probably more"

Exactly a newbie is never going to know about those filters. So I think it's a good shout to be turned on for newbies.

I completely freaked out in my first couple of weeks on here, the messages were completely overwhelming. At the very least a welcome message with a light hearted warning to newbies to not freak out and that it calms down to a relatively sane level soon enough might reassure the uninitiated.

I'm so glad I didn't bale early as its been a blast thus far.

By *odareyouMan  over a year ago

not far from iceland,,,,,, tescos is nearer though :-) (near leeds)

A fair few of the 'newbies'have been here before and are aware of the filters and how the site works..

I've no idea why folk join and leave after a short while, volume of messages might be one reason there could be a thousand and one others as well.

By *irty130Couple  over a year ago

Bristol Area

I think the "filters ON for newbies" is a good idea.

TBH I can't remember the process of what happened when we joined, but I'm pretty sure there *is* a kind of checklist of things to do (like upload pics and get photoverified etc.). So maybe this could be extended to explain he pros/cons of having the filters off (but by default they are on).

Then "ARE YOU READY"? And then your profile is released into the wild.

By * PillowsWoman  over a year ago

stevenage

"I completely freaked out in my first couple of weeks on here, the messages were completely overwhelming. At the very least a welcome message with a light hearted warning to newbies to not freak out and that it calms down to a relatively sane level soon enough might reassure the uninitiated.

I'm so glad I didn't bale early as its been a blast thus far. "

I've been here a few weeks now and have felt the same. I think the default block system sounds great. You could unblock them as you felt ready to allow the hordes in

"...or the idea of the initial default setting to be blocking all. But current filters can only block men, or by age!

You need to have another look at the Filters page. As well as blocking men and age, you can block women, couples, MM couples, FF couples, non-verifieds, non-site supporters, no public pics. And those are just off the top of my head, there are probably more"

Dont forget TV/TS

» Add a new message to this topic