FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Fabswingers.com site feedback > Sydney University?

Sydney University?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Please can someone explain the issue with Sydney University? I often see the bit at the bottom of folks profiles.

I'm sure however, if there is an issue this little paragraph would not change anything?

Thank you.

MrsJx

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ilmiss75Woman  over a year ago

Thornton

In my eyes, it means nothing.

By *ugby 123Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

We've noticed a legal disclaimer paragraph that some people have on their profiles. Should we have one too? What are they about? Do they do any good?

The "legal disclaimer" is pointless nonsense and all does is take up extra space on our servers. Please remove it if you have it on your profile. If you're worried about privacy please set your account to be hidden from non-registered users on your privacy page (this also hides it from search engines but may take a week or two to drop out of search) and remove the notice (and encourage others to do likewise).

Common sense advice would be NOT to put any information on your profile (here, or on any such site) that could identify you or that you don't want to become public! So for your own benefit, don't post phone numbers, real names or email / instant message addresses on your profile that people might see or "Google".

Some people may put non-identifying pics on their public profile but keep face pics private or for friends, for example.

By *uited staffs guyMan  over a year ago

staffordshire

It's essentially a stupid filter secretly put on the site to indicate to the slightly brighter on here who the more gullible and less critical thinking are and then decide whether to avoid or meet them depending on your preferences!

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

We have seen the disclaimer on loads of profiles, where did it come from?? Are Sydney university using fab for research or is it just total nonsense? We're a bit confused about it. Not sure why members are posting it when it has no substance to it! If their profiles are available to the public then surely sticking a disclaimer on the end of their profile means nothing?

By *enard ArgenteMan  over a year ago

London and France

It's bollocks and just makes the people who put it on look like dickwits.

The story;

About 10 or 15 years ago, an undergraduate in the social sciences department in Sydney University did a ( very insignificant) study on sexual behaviour. Part of it mentioned swingers ( and their habits)

There is now a silly myth that the University is monitoring Swingers.

Even if it was true; do you really think anyone has the faintest interest in what you get into? And the idiotic " legal notice" is pointless, and of no legal standing whatsoever.

I agree! Thanks for the background info, thought it might have had something to do with a research project. Find it bizarre that some people are happy to make pictures of their genitals publicly available but stick that disclaimer on their profiles with the assumption of it having any weight behind it

By *uited staffs guyMan  over a year ago

staffordshire

"I agree! Thanks for the background info, thought it might have had something to do with a research project. Find it bizarre that some people are happy to make pictures of their genitals publicly available but stick that disclaimer on their profiles with the assumption of it having any weight behind it"

As I said earlier - stupid filter!

From the FAQ:

Q.We've noticed a legal disclaimer paragraph that some people have on their profiles. Should we have one too? What are they about? Do they do any good?

A.The "legal disclaimer" is pointless nonsense and all does is take up extra space on our servers. Please remove it if you have it on your profile. If you're worried about privacy please set your account to be hidden from non-registered users on your privacy page (this also hides it from search engines but may take a week or two to drop out of search) and remove the notice (and encourage others to do likewise).

Common sense advice would be NOT to put any information on your profile (here, or on any such site) that could identify you or that you don't want to become public! So for your own benefit, don't post phone numbers, real names or email / instant message addresses on your profile that people might see or "Google".

Some people may put non-identifying pics on their public profile but keep face pics private or for friends, for example.

By *luffy_bunniesCouple  over a year ago

Ilkeston

Sheep. Thats the answer.

people who believe it has any legal standing, are just plain wrong.

By *at69driveMan  over a year ago

Wisbech and A47 corridor

"Please can someone explain the issue with Sydney University? I often see the bit at the bottom of folks profiles.

I'm sure however, if there is an issue this little paragraph would not change anything?

Thank you.

MrsJx"

. In addition to bring meaningless anyone with common sense would not sure over loss of their privacy or copying of their pictures . This would just generate even more publicity .

By *exyfuncouple-40Couple  over a year ago

Bloxham

Well if Sydney are doing research I love a job with them lol

By *onnie and JohnCouple  over a year ago

WILTSHIRE

that will be us then..lol..

» Add a new message to this topic