FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Fabswingers.com site feedback > Message Filters

Message Filters

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

This has probably come up before, but could there be a way that the site can fix the message filters so that they don't exclude people you've messaged before?

We always reply to people even when it's a no thanks, but recently we put message filters on and they are severely impeded by the fact that we've replied to so many people who have messaged us in the past.

Couldn't we have filters that reset and then a little tick for 'exceptions' when someone we chat to regularly is outside of our filters? There's gotta be something that can make this system better??

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *onnie and JohnCouple  over a year ago

WILTSHIRE

Filters don't apply and people can message if you've mailed someone before (if you message someone you have filtered, they can reply), you have winked at someone, or you are friends.

By *lighty1Woman  over a year ago

You Dont Need to Know, right now

"Filters don't apply and people can message if you've mailed someone before (if you message someone you have filtered, they can reply), you have winked at someone, or you are friends. "

I think that's Marc and Courtney's point. They want to be able to 'reset' the filters, so that sending a polite 'thanks but no thanks' reply DOESN'T mean that people can bypass any filters they might set in the future. I think it's a good idea ... I don't send 'thanks but no thanks' messages, for this very reason.

By *horehouseCouple  over a year ago

dissatisfied

There should be a message filter for safe sex only people so they don't keep msg about meets when we will never meet that type of people ..

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I don't think the filters are worth a toss. Ours is set to not accept messages from anyone without a public pic but still we get them.

"Filters don't apply and people can message if you've mailed someone before (if you message someone you have filtered, they can reply), you have winked at someone, or you are friends.

I think that's Marc and Courtney's point. They want to be able to 'reset' the filters, so that sending a polite 'thanks but no thanks' reply DOESN'T mean that people can bypass any filters they might set in the future. I think it's a good idea ... I don't send 'thanks but no thanks' messages, for this very reason."

Yes! This exactly.

By *he Queen of TartsWoman  over a year ago
Forum Mod

My Own Little World

"I don't think the filters are worth a toss. Ours is set to not accept messages from anyone without a public pic but still we get them. "

The public pic one is useless, just set a pic to public write the message, then hide the pic again. A useless filter.

By *onnie and JohnCouple  over a year ago

WILTSHIRE

stop all this what works what doesn't , if you find a bug report it to admin,

..connie x

"stop all this what works what doesn't , if you find a bug report it to admin,

..connie x "

Was that to me? I'm not saying something works or doesn't. I'm saying I'd like the message filters to apply to people we've messaged in the past. If you don't think that's a good idea that's cool, but I thought this was the place for site feedback...so I'm giving feedback.

By *issBehavingxxWoman  over a year ago

Glasgow

"This has probably come up before, but could there be a way that the site can fix the message filters so that they don't exclude people you've messaged before?

We always reply to people even when it's a no thanks, but recently we put message filters on and they are severely impeded by the fact that we've replied to so many people who have messaged us in the past.

Couldn't we have filters that reset and then a little tick for 'exceptions' when someone we chat to regularly is outside of our filters? There's gotta be something that can make this system better??"

I would love a "re-set all filters" option....

Even if it was only an option once every 3 month / 6 months etc...

I'm the same in that I didn't discover filters for a while.... also I've hosted a couple of socials when I first joined so there are loads who fall outside my filters.... but can mail me

By *ugby 123Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

Sounds a good idea if it can be done

Definitely a good idea. Don't want to block people as don't see a need, but because I replied saying no thanks they can again message weeks/months later. Persistent ones would be blocked, but having the ability to reset would be good

Sounds like a good idea ... I would love a distance filter too ... Always getting messages from people at the other side of the country when i only want to meet locally

By *eliciouslySalaciousCouple  over a year ago

Glasgow

"Filters don't apply and people can message if you've mailed someone before (if you message someone you have filtered, they can reply), you have winked at someone, or you are friends.

I think that's Marc and Courtney's point. They want to be able to 'reset' the filters, so that sending a polite 'thanks but no thanks' reply DOESN'T mean that people can bypass any filters they might set in the future. I think it's a good idea ... I don't send 'thanks but no thanks' messages, for this very reason."

+1, we'd very much appreciate if this feature was considered for implementation too.

» Add a new message to this topic