FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Fabswingers.com site feedback > A possible way to filter out timewasters...

A possible way to filter out timewasters...

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

I wonder if the powers that be have/would consider as a possibility to do away with timewasters.. The introduction of a joining fee as I'm sure this will help do that. It'll also help raise funds to improve the site. Personally I think it's a bargain the fee's to support the site..

What do others feel?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

What would you say the definition of a timewaster is?

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"I wonder if the powers that be have/would consider as a possibility to do away with timewasters.. The introduction of a joining fee as I'm sure this will help do that. It'll also help raise funds to improve the site. Personally I think it's a bargain the fee's to support the site..

What do others feel? "

I'm happy with the site as it is. I just block people who I think might waste my time.

By *yrdwomanWoman  over a year ago

Putting the 'cum' in Eboracum

Genius!! No-one has ever thought of this in the entire history of the site. Ever.

I use my Common sense xx

Oh, for God's sake, not again.

No, it wouldn't. It's easy to use common sense, and it's free.

Use the tools that fab provide you to free out genuine people.

* out*

Forum Mod

East Sussex

The poor chaps only been here a couple of weeks.

"What would you say the definition of a timewaster is? "

Well that's a good question. We've had our time wasted due to being cancelled for reasons that we would not dream of cancelling someone. However, those that we felt have messed us about, we have actually met at some point on the swing scene, so they are not dreamers or fantasists, which is what I think people mean when they'd talk about time-wasters. Fortunately the latter we haven't had any experience of on Fab, so I guess that means we're pretty good at recognising those who are genuine. So i don't feel the need to make any changes.

Ignore the usual negative comments from the forum regulars. If they can disagree and make a negative comment they will. I think it'd be a good thing. Most people are site supporters anyway.

By *he Queen of TartsWoman  over a year ago
Forum Mod

My Own Little World

Ok

So I pay my joining fee, create my account. Meet 5 people and we all have fun.

I make plans to meet you.......and don't turn up.

How has the fee stopped me wasting your time?

By *ezebelWoman  over a year ago

North of The Wall - youll need your vest

"The poor chaps only been here a couple of weeks. "

This ^^^. The guy has been on the site 2 weeks, theres no need to jump down his throat

"The poor chaps only been here a couple of weeks.

This ^^^. The guy has been on the site 2 weeks, theres no need to jump down his throat "

By *he devil wears pradaWoman  over a year ago

gosport ish

"I wonder if the powers that be have/would consider as a possibility to do away with timewasters.. The introduction of a joining fee as I'm sure this will help do that. It'll also help raise funds to improve the site. Personally I think it's a bargain the fee's to support the site..

What do others feel? "

these so called time wasters have money too op

I agree, the £5 we pay to be gold supporters should b charged to join, its a small price to pay n gain genuine people, fun becomes fun

sam

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman  over a year ago

evesham

"Ignore the usual negative comments from the forum regulars. If they can disagree and make a negative comment they will. I think it'd be a good thing. Most people are site supporters anyway. "

If most people are site supporters surely the timewasters are as well so actually applying a fee would have no impact

I know people on paid sites and they still get timewasters on there. Timewasters have money to spend too it seems

By *edangel_2013Woman  over a year ago

southend

I'm a member of a pay site. I don't pay because I've been a member for so long, I was there before the charge was.

However, there are still time wasters there, and it's a lot more than a fiver a month.

Join it for a month, see how different it is. Not much, a bit jazzier in design, but that can actually be too much. The forums are still relatively quiet, much quieter than here actually. The chat is still full of people directing when they shouldn't and pming you without permission.

There are many ways to stop time wasters, charging isn't one of them.

We opted for the platinum site supporters package. ....so when people waste our time or just piss us off in general. ....we press a special button. ..and the perpetrators just spontaneously combust......apparently....

Apologies for my absence from my own discussion. .

I feel I must correct this patronising comment.

It's not my first time on this site. I previously had another profile. I sadly lost my password for. Slevin07. I had some meets with this profile.

"We opted for the platinum site supporters package. ....so when people waste our time or just piss us off in general. ....we press a special button. ..and the perpetrators just spontaneously combust......apparently.... "

Shhhhh...platinum features are not to be talked about to non platinum club (PC) members. What happens in PC stays in PC! Good job I haven't reported you to Brighton Steve!

I didn't realise some people would take a clearly well meaning/intentioned statement as a derogatory attack on the principles of a already great site. So apologies for any offence/upset.. & you can't seriously say it's not a common cause of people's dismay timewasters. .

"I agree, the £5 we pay to be gold supporters should b charged to join, its a small price to pay n gain genuine people, fun becomes fun

sam"

Part of the attractions for this site for us is that it has the full interactivity that we require to facilitate our swinging life for free. All of the others promise free access but what you get without paying is utterly pointless. We like the transparency of that and are happy to pay as site supporters to enhance the experience. We see the site as a tool to help us get in contact with like minded others and that is where their responsibility ends. We're adults with skills and abilities to manage our own experience and expectations. We have had very little issue with time wasters.

"We opted for the platinum site supporters package. ....so when people waste our time or just piss us off in general. ....we press a special button. ..and the perpetrators just spontaneously combust......apparently....

Shhhhh...platinum features are not to be talked about to non platinum club (PC) members. What happens in PC stays in PC! Good job I haven't reported you to Brighton Steve!"

......you mean the great unwashed dont know about the mff with Cheryl Cole the last Friday of the month? ....oh ffs....ive been so nieve. .

It's not my first time on this site. I previously had another profile. I sadly lost my password for. Slevin07. I had some meets with this profile. "

I don't think the couple you have quoted here were being patronising OP...to the contrary I think they were scolding the chap above them who was quite rude indeed

if you think paid members are less likely to waste your time then you could block all non-supporters from messaging you.

i did a guide with tips on avoiding time wasters and got grief myself, that's just how the forums are.

By *lighty1Woman  over a year ago

You Dont Need to Know, right now

I use the tools the site gives us, and my own common sense. In 4+ years on this and other sites, I've never had a problem with timewasters.

It's not my first time on this site. I previously had another profile. I sadly lost my password for. Slevin07. I had some meets with this profile.

I don't think the couple you have quoted here were being patronising OP...to the contrary I think they were scolding the chap above them who was quite rude indeed "

Ah right I guess I should apologise for my rash full response. Yes I realise now they were actually sticking up for me. I didn't realise it would instigate such a vehement response from fellow fabbers xx

"if you think paid members are less likely to waste your time then you could block all non-supporters from messaging you.

i did a guide with tips on avoiding time wasters and got grief myself, that's just how the forums are."

I actually feel everyone should be treated on their own deeds oo misdeeds... not others discourtesy. I just find there's a lot of apprehension towards newbies for the issue of timewasters xx

Definition of a time waster is a person who makes arrangements to meet then neva shows up and then blocks the person they were due to meet.

By *JB1954Man  over a year ago

Reading

I have wondered , using other sites admin block the IP address . Therefore said rule breakers etc . Cannot rejoin under another name or given say time out ban. This works as far as I know for people using mobiles to log onto as well. I know people could use proxy servers. But then this would cut down on repeat fakes etc. Anyone know if fab uses this at all ?

By *ink magnolia s yorksWoman  over a year ago

south yorkshire

I consider the biggest Tim wasters those that don't bother to read if they're what you're looking fir before they contact you the biggest ones. My profile is really clear...but you contacted me...funny that! Too many ,in particular new people go on about 'tine wasters' .most of my time I wasted replying with exactly the sane replies,exactly what's on my profile.

How would a joining fee cut down on the people who waste time? Site supporters'fee isn't expensive, so neither would a joining fee.now if mean time wasters because someone chats and then decide not to meet that's tough,it's life.

Maybe you're contacting people who aren't looking for you ...you're not likely to get meets then x

What do others feel? "

I don't think the couple you have quoted here were being patronising OP...to the contrary I think they were scolding the chap above them who was quite rude indeed

Ah right I guess I should apologise for my rash full response. Yes I realise now they were actually sticking up for me. I didn't realise it would instigate such a vehement response from fellow fabbers xx"

There wasn't any vehemence and I doubt many looked at your profile.

It is a common topic here. Really, there is no obvious way to police the site. Just use common sense. It is the best way to avoid people who do not intend to meet.

Forum Mod

East Sussex

It's not my first time on this site. I previously had another profile. I sadly lost my password for. Slevin07. I had some meets with this profile. "

Hmm.

What do others feel? "

Blocking is often seen as negative but it's a good tool to filter profiles that are not just for you.

Subscription? Don't see that stopping someone who agrees to meet and gets cold feet without being honest.

May be verifications could be more honest. Some are just happy sheets.

What do others feel?

I'm happy with the site as it is. I just block people who I think might waste my time."

Blocking is reasonable.

"I consider the biggest Tim wasters those that don't bother to read if they're what you're looking fir before they contact you the biggest ones. My profile is really clear...but you contacted me...funny that! Too many ,in particular new people go on about 'tine wasters' .most of my time I wasted replying with exactly the sane replies,exactly what's on my profile.

How would a joining fee cut down on the

people who waste time? Site supporters'fee isn't expensive, so neither would a joining fee.now if mean time wasters because someone chats and then decide not to meet that's tough,it's life.

Maybe you're contacting people who aren't looking for you ...you're not likely to get meets then x I wonder if the powers that be have/would consider as a possibility to do away with timewasters.. The introduction of a joining fee as I'm sure this will help do that. It'll also help raise funds to improve the site. Personally I think it's a bargain the fee's to support the site..

What do others feel? "

Interesting this my love. As I didn't contact you I winked at you. You then messaged me. I wasn't rude or disrespectful. Btw... you speak of people not reading your profile as the biggest time wasters. I think you'll find if you followed your own principles I've already retracted what I said including apologising so before you get your knickers in a twist practice what you preach xx

Ah right I guess I should apologise for my rash full response. Yes I realise now they were actually sticking up for me. I didn't realise it would instigate such a vehement response from fellow fabbers xx

It is a common topic here. Really, there is no obvious way to police the site. Just use common sense. It is the best way to avoid people who do not intend to meet."

I apologise Xx

It is a common topic here. Really, there is no obvious way to police the site. Just use common sense. It is the best way to avoid people who do not intend to meet.

I apologise Xx "

No need. But you are not showing old-fashioned values on here.

This site gives you all the tools you need to out timewasters but I guess that depends on your definition of a time waster. To me, your time is only truly wasted if a meet is arranged, date, time venue etc and is then a no show or lame last minute excuse when you've taken the time to get ready and travel there. Your gut instinct, as some others have said, is the best tool you have and really, the only person that can really waste your time on here is yourself.

By *obbytupperMan  over a year ago

Menston near Ilkley

Will there be a free ride for those of us with bus passes?

I also think you should have to have a profile photo, how many man are pretending to be couples and females, no photo, no messaging ?

By *lighty1Woman  over a year ago

You Dont Need to Know, right now

"I also think you should have to have a profile photo, how many man are pretending to be couples and females, no photo, no messaging ?"

That wouldn't help. Anyone can steal a photo from elsewhere on the web, and pretend it's them. I'm not very technologically savvy but even I know how to steal a photo (not that I would, of course).

Forum Mod

East Sussex

"Will there be a free ride for those of us with bus passes? "

Of course there will! As if YOU need a free ride one of the most successful single men on here

By *inky-MinxWoman  over a year ago

Grantham

So how does he know about timewasters?

Grantham

"I also think you should have to have a profile photo, how many man are pretending to be couples and females, no photo, no messaging ?"

You really think we should all be forced to show our faces on a swinging site?

And what about pics form the internet. Fakes will just steal them.

Grantham

"This site gives you all the tools you need to out timewasters but I guess that depends on your definition of a time waster. To me, your time is only truly wasted if a meet is arranged, date, time venue etc and is then a no show or lame last minute excuse when you've taken the time to get ready and travel there. Your gut instinct, as some others have said, is the best tool you have and really, the only person that can really waste your time on here is yourself."

By *innamon!Woman  over a year ago

no matter

I already pay. I have filters . not a problem

What do others feel? "

What happened to you that made you feel your time was being wasted?

» Add a new message to this topic