FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Fabswingers.com site feedback > Automated Customised Replies?

Automated Customised Replies?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Some of us Fabbers were knocking ideas around in another part of the forum about how best to handle the "no reply" situation for messages, and one idea that came up was that perhaps Fab can introduce customisable auto-replies?

Like at the end of each message where you get the buttons asking if you want to delete the message etc etc we could have one more button saying "Send auto-reply". We could then customise our own auto-replies so that in future when we read messages from people that we're not interested in we can just click on the auto-reply customised to say "thanks for messaging, but no thanks".

In my honest opinion I think that will save a lot of grief we've always seen in the forums, especially from single men who often have to resort to posting up forum threads complaining about how they never seem to get replies to their message that they've put effort into crafting out. Even if it's a placebo effect I think an auto-reply button would be still useful in this respect for everyone. I know we already currently have the guideline in forum that "no reply = no thanks" but let's face it, human nature dictates that for most of us if we don't hear something from someone we're bound to still hope for a miracle or a reply in the end. So effectively the present guideline is not very useful at all.

What do you guys think?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *he devil wears pradaWoman  over a year ago

gosport ish

The FAQ's are there for people to read, I think a lot do not hence the forum threads about no replies. The no reply = no thanks works effectively. I would rather see the sent message gone then people would not get so angst about messages not getting read/deleated

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I don't understand what the issue is, if you don't get a reply then the person is not interested. I think it would be better to take away the ability to see what the recipient has done with your sent message as the amount of angst and lets face it, anger resulting in abuse from some, is just unreal. Chill and get on with your life, this is just a bit of fun.

If guys choose to ignore the FAQ regarding replies, and refuse to bother reading my or writing me a decent message, then I refuse to bother reading their whining forum threads about being "ignored" and my block button gets found very speedily!

"If guys choose to ignore the FAQ regarding replies, and refuse to bother reading my or writing me a decent message, then I refuse to bother reading their whining forum threads about being "ignored" and my block button gets found very speedily!"

Reading my profile, that was meant to say!

By *odg123Man  over a year ago

southampton

Not a bad idea...at least I'd get a reply lol!!!

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

I think it would be worth a try then see if the "manners cost nothing, why does no one respond" threads are replaced by "I get nothing but auto replies why does no one have the courtesy to respond personally" threads. I don't know if it's the no response that annoys or the lack of acknowledgment that the no response implies and we would find that out at least.

By *he Queen of TartsWoman  over a year ago
Forum Mod

My Own Little World

I would like a customised auto-reply button, I've said this in the past. Also be good if using this it wouldn't let people bypass my message filters in the future, because now if I reply with a no thanks my filters no longer apply to them.

i wouldn't use it. but it wouldn't bother me if the site had one of these buttons.

By *lighty1Woman  over a year ago

You Dont Need to Know, right now

".... be good if using this it wouldn't let people bypass my message filters in the future, because now if I reply with a no thanks my filters no longer apply to them."

This ^^^ would need sorting first, before I would use an auto 'thanks-but-no-thanks' button. Also, I've seen threads where people have complained about running out of messages (never happened to me ), so any auto thanks-but-no-thanks replies would have to be on top of the regular message allowance.

Would still get the odd reply back aiming for some sort of angle to meet or just straight up begging.

Would use it though.

By *ty31Man  over a year ago

NW London

It's a good idea

By *iercedItMan  over a year ago

Manchester

As a guy, the only thing I would like about this, is to know that my message weren't lost amongst the 4989373837 others.

I put a fair bit of effort into my messages, so even an auto no thanks, would be nice.

Saying that, if the person I messaged had 39388 messages they won't auto reply anyway.

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

I've suggested similar before, over the last 2 years or so, and think it would make a big improvement to the site.

The customised/standard reply could be complete with an optional blocking of the recipient.

I think it would decrease ill will and feelings that many have here, particularly the single guys.

» Add a new message to this topic