FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Fabswingers.com site feedback > Time for a proper app.

Time for a proper app.

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Don't you think it's time you sorted a proper App out. Instead of using a browser all the time.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Totally agree with that

Yeah we do Think its time the site had a app and also had a bit of an upgrade as the site seems very dated when using it.

By *AA123Couple  over a year ago

Lichfield

Perhaps admin could put a poll out asking for feedback on what features should be in a future updated app.

By *he Queen of TartsWoman  over a year ago
Forum Mod

My Own Little World

Apple won't sell apps that have 'adult content', so anyone with an iPhone wouldn't be able to use it if Fab ever made one.

"Apple won't sell apps that have 'adult content', so anyone with an iPhone wouldn't be able to use it if Fab ever made one."

It wouldnt have to be availble via Apple or google - just downloadable from the site.

I'd also be a bit miffed if it were charged for!

What's the problem with the way things are?

How would an app make things better?

Not being technically or computer minded I'm curious to know what you mean

By *iforfun999Man  over a year ago

Haverfordwest

"Apple won't sell apps that have 'adult content', so anyone with an iPhone wouldn't be able to use it if Fab ever made one."

The apps which do have adult content tend to have strict policies on photo content. Anything sexual or remotely naughty, including certain body parts will either be rejected, if the app is a stand alone type, or the photo will have a big X across it, or similar, only viewable by logging into the website.

App content can often differ from the main website, so expect many features to be missing. I would imagine that the profile data would have less information, winks would be OK, adult photos restricted to private messages and the forums unlikely to be within the app but a separate one. Message notifications would be received though.

An app would be great though!

By *he Queen of TartsWoman  over a year ago
Forum Mod

My Own Little World

"Apple won't sell apps that have 'adult content', so anyone with an iPhone wouldn't be able to use it if Fab ever made one.

It wouldnt have to be availble via Apple or google - just downloadable from the site.

I'd also be a bit miffed if it were charged for!"

So you would like Fab to spend time and money to give you the app for free when there is already the mobile site that does all an app would do anyway

Yes please.

So what's wrong with it?

Not sure an app would be much better , plus the cost of them ( presume they would have to do an iOS and android one ) isn't gonna be cheap ... And after all , it really doesn't cost a lot to be on here at the moment ... So I think they're doing a good job at the mo ... But who knows what the future brings ??

For those who have iPhones the app would be terrible no images or adult content so basically the whole site. So if you created an app it would alienate half the site

It's not Broken so why try to fix it?

By *at69driveMan  over a year ago

Wisbech and A47 corridor

"Don't you think it's time you sorted a proper App out. Instead of using a browser all the time. "
. I am sure administration could do this . How much extra are you prepared to pay in membership fees to cover the development costs ?.

By *ELLONS AND CREAMWoman  over a year ago

stourbridge area

Would the changes make you get more meets ......

I dont think so ....

An app would be a lot of work for the site owners to engage into. Asking for 'an app' I doubt would go down well.

Maybe ask for whatever features you feel an app would bring rather than 'an app'. I'm sure the community could have some fantastic ideas that would help modernise the site.

Apps are a dying trend, most places just use a good mobile site as more can be done.

By *hrobinhoodMan  over a year ago

Nottingham

[Removed by poster at 15/05/16 12:34:23]

"Don't you think it's time you sorted a proper App out. Instead of using a browser all the time. "

Ah, yes, an App. What different functionality is it that you want? Or is it just that you want an App?

The mobile version is just fine, no need for an app.

One thing I would suggest is a better CSS framework. Would'nt take much for a bit of a redesign as it still looks very 90's. As for the Fabswingers logo... don't get me started!

It's cheap and works for us why change it.

» Add a new message to this topic