FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Fabswingers.com site feedback > guys rejoining

guys rejoining

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

I'm not sure if this is the right forum or not so please feel free to move it

We often have guys contact us who are on new profiles (we have blocked guys with very new profiles) and they often are guys who have contacted us in the past, we know that for a few reasons, they have photos we recognise, their wording is the same, their messeges to us are the same, sometimes their abuse to us is the same if we say we don't want to meet them.

It would be good if there was a way to make sure that if we block someone but they make a new profile, that they still can't contact us.

Reply privately (thread closed by moderator)

By *XHNHWoman  over a year ago

Stokeish...

I can't see how that would work if they create a new account and use a different e-mail address?

"I can't see how that would work if they create a new account and use a different e-mail address? "

Some other sites log the users isp/ip address (not sure which one) so they can tell if they have used the site before. Obviously it's more complicated nowadays with people using mobile phones aswell.

By *thwalescplCouple  over a year ago

brecon

There are simple ways around changing the IP addy, so logging them would be useless.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Pretty sure if you delete old account you can set up new account with same email.though pointless as you would regonaise with photos. Sorry about spelling not my strong point

By *enard ArgenteMan  over a year ago

London and France

Why should you block all people from deleting profiles and starting again?

Some people leave and rejoin because they themselves have been having problems being " stalked" or hassled.

And blocking an IP address is pointless; you can change or hide an IP easily; some ISPs change IPs regularly.

Just ignore/ block when you need to.

"Why should you block all people from deleting profiles and starting again?

Some people leave and rejoin because they themselves have been having problems being " stalked" or hassled.

And blocking an IP address is pointless; you can change or hide an IP easily; some ISPs change IPs regularly.

Just ignore/ block when you need to."

That's not what i meant.

It's the guys who i block who then leave, rejoin and hassle us again. That's what i would like to avoid. I spend so much time blocking them over and over again.

It seems it's not possible on this site though which does mean this site isn't much fun at times !

That's not what i meant.

It's the guys who i block who then leave, rejoin and hassle us again. That's what i would like to avoid. I spend so much time blocking them over and over again.

It seems it's not possible on this site though which does mean this site isn't much fun at times !"

As is my response to anyone getting messages they don't like from single guys: block single guys.

It is quicker for you to hit the block button ,than it is for them to rejoin.block block block,just keep blocking,they will soon get fed up n move on elsewhere.

"It is quicker for you to hit the block button ,than it is for them to rejoin.block block block,just keep blocking,they will soon get fed up n move on elsewhere."

Well i wish that was true but the same guys hassle, get blocked, delete, rejoin and hassle over and over lol

That's not what i meant.

It seems it's not possible on this site though which does mean this site isn't much fun at times !

As is my response to anyone getting messages they don't like from single guys: block single guys. "

We only meet single guys although at times i do block them and search myself but it's so long winded that way

"Pretty sure if you delete old account you can set up new account with same email.though pointless as you would regonaise with photos. Sorry about spelling not my strong point "

Very true, that's what gives them away, the photos, their style of writting, their verifications.

Thank you for your response

By *bsinthe_boyMan  over a year ago

Luton

Blocking IP's would cause difficulty where two people in the same house both have Fab accounts. If one person did sonething to get themselves banned, it is hardly fair to ban the other.

It cannot be beyond the wit of man to log user IP addresses and index them against those of users that particular IP adress using user has blocked and ensure that these lists stay in effect.

Of course it is easy enough to mask or hide your IP address but now that the most well known VPN service charges this feature would screen out alot of irritants. Furthermore, just that barrier would be useful because I get the sense that most people wouldn't bother trying to circumvent it. All you need is 'most'...

Chrissie x

"Blocking IP's would cause difficulty where two people in the same house both have Fab accounts. If one person did sonething to get themselves banned, it is hardly fair to ban the other."

I wasn't saying ban them !

That's not what i meant.

As is my response to anyone getting messages they don't like from single guys: block single guys.

We only meet single guys although at times i do block them and search myself but it's so long winded that way "

Well like I said it takes work, but you get out what you put in. If getting bombarded doesn't bother you then crack on, it's just frustrating to hear people moaning about getting messages from single guys who haven't blocked single guys. It's like moaning about the cold and leaving the windows open.

"It cannot be beyond the wit of man to log user IP addresses and index them against those of users that particular IP adress using user has blocked and ensure that these lists stay in effect.

Of course it is easy enough to mask or hide your IP address but now that the most well known VPN service charges this feature would screen out alot of irritants. Furthermore, just that barrier would be useful because I get the sense that most people wouldn't bother trying to circumvent it. All you need is 'most'...

Chrissie x"

Phew someone who understands what i was saying

Nellie xx

That's not what i meant.

We only meet single guys although at times i do block them and search myself but it's so long winded that way

Well like I said it takes work, but you get out what you put in. If getting bombarded doesn't bother you then crack on, it's just frustrating to hear people moaning about getting messages from single guys who haven't blocked single guys. It's like moaning about the cold and leaving the windows open. "

I don't think you understood what i said !

We block guys who hassle us or are nasty or abusive to us when we have told them (nicely) that we don't wish to meet them.

We then block them

They make a new account and continue harressing us.

We block them.

Etc etc.

We aren't moaning about all single guys. Most are lovely.

I feel we have the right to moan about guys like that

If you find it frustrating to read then don't read it

By *lighty1Woman  over a year ago

You Dont Need to Know, right now

"It seems it's not possible on this site though which does mean this site isn't much fun at times !"

It's not possible on ANY site.

Nowadays, most home broadband suppliers use dynamic IP addresses (you actually have to pay more to get a static IP address), so getting a new IP address is as easy as rebooting the router.

You can't blame Fab for the fact that the Internet is constantly evolving.

That's not what i meant.

Well like I said it takes work, but you get out what you put in. If getting bombarded doesn't bother you then crack on, it's just frustrating to hear people moaning about getting messages from single guys who haven't blocked single guys. It's like moaning about the cold and leaving the windows open.

I don't think you understood what i said !

We block guys who hassle us or are nasty or abusive to us when we have told them (nicely) that we don't wish to meet them.

We then block them

They make a new account and continue harressing us.

We block them.

Etc etc.

We aren't moaning about all single guys. Most are lovely.

I feel we have the right to moan about guys like that

If you find it frustrating to read then don't read it "

Well said! My suggestion would still work perfectly and resolve your problem.

"It is quicker for you to hit the block button ,than it is for them to rejoin.block block block,just keep blocking,they will soon get fed up n move on elsewhere.

Well i wish that was true but the same guys hassle, get blocked, delete, rejoin and hassle over and over lol"

But it's still quicker and easier to block.if they want to go to the hassle of setting g up a new account every time you block them,then let them.just block again.one button touch.simple.

"It is quicker for you to hit the block button ,than it is for them to rejoin.block block block,just keep blocking,they will soon get fed up n move on elsewhere.

Well i wish that was true but the same guys hassle, get blocked, delete, rejoin and hassle over and over lol

But it's still quicker and easier to block.if they want to go to the hassle of setting g up a new account every time you block them,then let them.just block again.one button touch.simple."

It's not what they want. They'd like a way of blocking someone that meant they were somehow permanently blocked despite making a new account etc. Clearly they are getting harassed by someone or some people on here.

The harsh reality is that if someone is determined they will always get through, so the only real option is to block all messages and only engage with the people you want to talk to, but this doesn't allow unsolicited messages through and they still want those.

Essentially there is no answer that fits 100% of their criteria.

Block all messages - removes the abuse but doesn't allow messages in

Leave no message filters - inverse of the above

Keep blocking - might work, though might just motivate the person(s) to keep up the abuse

Ignore - could work?

But it's still quicker and easier to block.if they want to go to the hassle of setting g up a new account every time you block them,then let them.just block again.one button touch.simple.

It's not what they want. They'd like a way of blocking someone that meant they were somehow permanently blocked despite making a new account etc. Clearly they are getting harassed by someone or some people on here.

The harsh reality is that if someone is determined they will always get through, so the only real option is to block all messages and only engage with the people you want to talk to, but this doesn't allow unsolicited messages through and they still want those.

Essentially there is no answer that fits 100% of their criteria.

Block all messages - removes the abuse but doesn't allow messages in

Leave no message filters - inverse of the above

Keep blocking - might work, though might just motivate the person(s) to keep up the abuse

Ignore - could work?

"

In the past we had the same problem with an individual,we blocked,we reported,we blocked again.admin did nothing.what could they do in reality? We just kept blocking,eventually they got fed up n stopped.perhaps they moved onto the op.

By *onnie and JohnCouple  over a year ago

WILTSHIRE

sorry if i am missing something..but using filters to block people works fine for us ?? connie x

"sorry if i am missing something..but using filters to block people works fine for us ?? connie x "

But it doesn't allow all the other random messages in; that's one of the requirements because the Op said going through profiles to find suitable people was too time-consuming, so they want messages to come to them.

If you think that was hostile, you're going to LOVE the Internet!

I'm not going to respond any further to your comments here as i have far more interesting things to do

By *ezebelWoman  over a year ago

North of The Wall - youll need your vest

Ive removed posts and we can leave it there