FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Fabswingers.com site feedback > blocking types..

blocking types..

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

why is it that even though we have single guys blocked they can still view our profile and even send us pm.s in chat room?

surely it would be better if when blocked they couldnt view or contact you at all?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

We've just commented on a similar issue on another forum thread, we don't think that the "filters" work as members think they do.

We think that as long as a contact ticks just one box from the many you asked to be set then the system let's them through.

All we know is we get profile views and messages from those that our preferences should prevent doing just that. Something isn't right.

So . . does the same work in the chat rooms too? If so then your filters are meaningless.

they seem to be pretty pointless if those you dont want to communicate with can still get in touch via pm in chat room and still view your profile..sick to death of guys still contacting us via pms etc..surely it would be an easy fix too ..?

no idea about ticking boxes to be honest it just seems nonsensical to us how it is set up right now..

"they seem to be pretty pointless if those you dont want to communicate with can still get in touch . . . it just seems nonsensical to us how it is set up right now.."

Exactly. We use multiple filters "ticking boxes" to keep our time here as useful as possible. But if a guy puts up a photo one morning he can then message as many as he wants . . and then he remove the photo! So you would think "multiple chioce filters" would stop that? NO!! If they tick just one "box" than all your multiple "boxes" get removed.

By *he Queen of TartsWoman  over a year ago
Forum Mod

My Own Little World

Well it does say 'message' filters not block this gender from looking at your profile filters. I believe the clue is in the title.

"Well it does say 'message' filters not block this gender from looking at your profile filters. I believe the clue is in the title."

BUT IT SHOULD...DOH

Filters don't apply and people can message if you've mailed someone before (if you message someone you have filtered, they can reply), you have winked at someone, or you are friends.

and thats what it says actually..no mention that they can still view/contact you..again.. DOH

By *he Queen of TartsWoman  over a year ago
Forum Mod

My Own Little World

"Filters don't apply and people can message if you've mailed someone before (if you message someone you have filtered, they can reply), you have winked at someone, or you are friends.

and thats what it says actually..no mention that they can still view/contact you..again.. DOH"

Agreed.

I would love to be able to reapply filters to those I have sent a no thanks message to in the past, a I don't want this user contacting me again button kinda thing. Saves me having to block them as the block list isn't infinite, when it gets too full people seem to come off it

We find that our willingness to meet with solo males where we can establish an acceptable balance is a Sword of Damocles, it means that a door seemingly as wide as a barn door is then opened onto our profile by, well, seemingly ALL males.

It is from that the crafty ones then can find away around your filters.

you can stop people from messaging you in chat using the drop down box above all the chatrooms. this only stops them sending you pm in there but at least your screen isn't covered in pop-up boxes lol.

By *lighty1Woman  over a year ago

You Dont Need to Know, right now

OP don't mix up 'blocks' with 'filters'. You can use your FILTERS to filter out single guys, but they can still see your profile, and pm you in the chat room (unless you set your pms to no-one/friends only). You can BLOCK single guys individually, and those blocked can't see your profile. In the chat rooms, BLOCKED people can't see your text or pm you, but there is a finite number of blocks which take effect in the chat room, I think it's about 500.

"OP don't mix up 'blocks' with 'filters'. You can use your FILTERS to filter out single guys, but they can still see your profile, and pm you in the chat room (unless you set your pms to no-one/friends only). You can BLOCK single guys individually, and those blocked can't see your profile. In the chat rooms, BLOCKED people can't see your text or pm you, but there is a finite number of blocks which take effect in the chat room, I think it's about 500."

again the same question why can they view your profile and pm..if they are blocked from contacting us it surely should be across the site..We just wondered why it isnt.. we have already figured out that people never read profiles..and pretty much act on impulse so blocking types across the site would work better maybe.. we just getting real sick of having to avoid the guys rather than just being able to block them all with one click..

By *thwalescplCouple  over a year ago

brecon

"why is it that even though we have single guys blocked they can still view our profile and even send us pm.s in chat room?

surely it would be better if when blocked they couldnt view or contact you at all?"

Whilst you cant stop them viewing your profile, you can stop them pm'ing you by switching your pokes and pm's off whilst in chat.

By *ice and SleazyCouple  over a year ago

Coventry

Not the same as filters or blocks, but we would like to be able to tag profiles with some form of indicator, something like a traffic light system, some means of indicating for future reference so you don't have to keep opening their profile to see whether they meet your preferences, especially if they are no longer familiar or change their profile name

"Well it does say 'message' filters not block this gender from looking at your profile filters. I believe the clue is in the title."

I don't think the O.P. needs a clue to be fair.

The issue was "surely it would be better if when blocked they couldnt view or contact you at all?"

They seemed to know perfectly how the present filter worked and suggested a change.

Sara.

"why is it that even though we have single guys blocked they can still view our profile and even send us pm.s in chat room?

surely it would be better if when blocked they couldnt view or contact you at all?"

This type of post occurs quite regularly (and we agree totally with it) but nothing ever gets done about.

In the chat rooms, you have to manualy block them on the side of the page

By *hole Lotta RosieWoman  over a year ago

Deviant City

I'd like to not be contacted by new people when my profile is hidden. I'm sure you couldn't at one point. I seem to be getting lots of new people getting in touch and I'm sick of explaining that I can't meet for a while.

So there seems to be agreement that it would be a good idea if you block a type it should be across the site..do Admin ever read these posts ? can we put the idea forward Again..as people have said its been suggested before?? was it put to the powers that be?

As noobs here we have no idea what is the correct course.

By *rnortholtMan  over a year ago

MIDDLESEX/SUFFOLK

Not sure why it's a problem people seeing your profile who you might not choose to meet?

If they can't message you why worry that they took a look?

I'm straight but if gay/bi men take a peek, I don't lose sleep over it.

When it comes to PMs in chat, the easy thing as other have already said is to block PMs across the board. Otherwise you might still be pestered by people who fit your broad "wants" but just don't float your boat.

"Not sure why it's a problem people seeing your profile who you might not choose to meet?

If they can't message you why worry that they took a look?

I'm straight but if gay/bi men take a peek, I don't lose sleep over it.

When it comes to PMs in chat, the easy thing as other have already said is to block PMs across the board. Otherwise you might still be pestered by people who fit your broad "wants" but just don't float your boat. "

Its about privacy..knowing that all the local guys we might actually know cant see our profile..its about knowing only people you want to see can actually see..as a single guy im sure you dont mind..its the single guys who are the problem though.. we only want to speak to couples so should be able to be incognito to all guys in all scenarios across the site..seems totally logical to us..

MIDDLESEX/SUFFOLK

To quote:

"its the single guys who are the problem though.."

I hate to say this, and don't take this me picking a fight, but how would you feel if your near neighbour's teenage daughter and her boyfriend, looking on here for a laugh found you?

They might be a couple and therefore get past your desired block/filter but could also let all their mates know about what they see as "the pervy couple down our road."

It's not about single guys or any easy to define group - but rather people "who might make life difficult for us."

Good luck to the site designers in coming up with an algorithm to them out.

"To quote:

"its the single guys who are the problem though.."

I hate to say this, and don't take this me picking a fight, but how would you feel if your near neighbour's teenage daughter and her boyfriend, looking on here for a laugh found you?

They might be a couple and therefore get past your desired block/filter but could also let all their mates know about what they see as "the pervy couple down our road."

It's not about single guys or any easy to define group - but rather people "who might make life difficult for us."

Good luck to the site designers in coming up with an algorithm to them out.

we dont expect any single guy to agree with us.. you all have a vested interest obviously

"

MIDDLESEX/SUFFOLK

"Not the same as filters or blocks, but we would like to be able to tag profiles with some form of indicator, something like a traffic light system, some means of indicating for future reference so you don't have to keep opening their profile to see whether they meet your preferences, especially if they are no longer familiar or change their profile name "

"I'd like to not be contacted by new people when my profile is hidden. I'm sure you couldn't at one point. I seem to be getting lots of new people getting in touch and I'm sick of explaining that I can't meet for a while."

Your best bet is to adjust all your filters, to prevent anyone getting in touch with you. Of course, you would have to adjust them back again, once you're ready to start meeting again.

"Its about privacy..knowing that all the local guys we might actually know cant see our profile..its about knowing only people you want to see can actually see..as a single guy im sure you dont mind..its the single guys who are the problem though.. we only want to speak to couples so should be able to be incognito to all guys in all scenarios across the site..seems totally logical to us.."

I was going to suggest that you should only put things on your profile if you're happy for them to be seen by the whole world. This is the internet, and nothing is completely private. But you seem to have already done that, very thoroughly.

From the details on your profile, I can't imagine that anyone would be able to identify you, so why are you worried?

[Removed by poster at 14/05/16 06:15:42]

"Its about privacy..knowing that all the local guys we might actually know cant see our profile..its about knowing only people you want to see can actually see..as a single guy im sure you dont mind..its the single guys who are the problem though.. we only want to speak to couples so should be able to be incognito to all guys in all scenarios across the site..seems totally logical to us..

I was going to suggest that you should only put things on your profile if you're happy for them to be seen by the whole world. This is the internet, and nothing is completely private. But you seem to have already done that, very thoroughly.

From the details on your profile, I can't imagine that anyone would be able to identify you, so why are you worried?"

so again do admin follow threads or not..anybody?

By *izzabelle and well hungCouple  over a year ago

Edinburgh.

It would be a bit weird being in a chat room only getting on side of the conversation. It's best to be socially open in here. But use your filters to avoid the Avalanche from single guys.

"It would be a bit weird being in a chat room only getting on side of the conversation. It's best to be socially open in here. But use your filters to avoid the Avalanche from single guys. "

what are you talking about..you totally misunderstood..

well it is obvious that admin dont monitor these threads..or dont care for what we are suggesting.. think it would have an adverse effect on profits from the site ..thats more than likely the deal ..

By *LCCCouple  over a year ago

Cambridge

You can BLOCK individuals, they then can view your profile or contact you. So for example if you dont like this forum post you could click on our profile and block us for example.

You can set up MESSAGE FILTERS, so groups of people, new people, out of your age range, men, women, couples, etc. can't send you MESSAGES.

When in the chatrooms you can select from a drop down menu who can send you a PRIVATE MESSAGE, more like starting a private conversation with you. We set ours to friends only to avoid loads of pop-ups.

» Add a new message to this topic