FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Fabswingers.com site feedback > Verification Improvements

Verification Improvements

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

I have a few proposals to improve the verification system. Welcome comments improving my proposals, or finding where they wouldn't work etc.

1. A new meet system that both parties agree to beforehand.

This will consist of a non public meet, set up by either party. Example Thursday 8pm. The other party then has to choice to accept or decline the meet (must have been two way contact previously - which is already coded in and accessible to site programmers).

Once the meet is accepted it is recorded with the site. It needs both parties to agree to remove the meet for the site to remove it.

This adds a lot more assurance that a meet has been agreed to and will take place.

After the meet time has passed a simple message from the site asking if the meet took place. If both parties click yes, then a new icon on the profile to indicate they have in fact turned up to a meet.

2. Ratings system

Quite common people turn up for meets that have wildly misrepresented themselves. Much older and much larger than their profile depicts.

A hidden starring system for each party to give each other, one to five stars.

Punctuality - *****

Did they look like their pictures - *****

Personality - *****

and so on. Ratings not revealed for seven days, and not able to add a rating after seven days (to prevent people seeing what the other party put before they put their own).

--------------

Just a few thoughts and as I say I welcome what others think.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

Just to clarify, the meet recorded with the site is non public, just between the two parties and the site database. Also, not location specific, just a time and date.

Also to clarify on the ratings, the ratings added after seven days but not revealed what the individual rating was (unless the first rate of course). Just added to the whole previous and averaged out.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

you got a script for this?

How will it improve the system?

"How will it improve the system? "

The pre-meet agreement system will give more assured assurance that someone will actually turn up, as if they don't then it will be reflected on their profile.

Very common for people to prepare for a meet and get let down.

The post meet star system will give more assurances that the photos are an accurate representation of the person. Again, a common problem affecting the experience of site users.

You look on a profile and think well they look good to me, but their star system for accurate representation is a one star, you could make your decision from a more informed perspective.

On the other side of the coin, it will encourage people to keep their photographs up to date to ensure they get a high rating from their meets. Again, this can only be good.

[Removed by poster at 20/05/16 10:50:54]

"How will it improve the system?

The pre-meet agreement system will give more assured assurance that someone will actually turn up, as if they don't then it will be reflected on their profile.

The post meet star system will give more assurances that the photos are an accurate representation of the person. Again, a common problem affecting the experience of site users.

You look on a profile and think well they look good to me, but their star system for accurate representation is a one star, you could make your decision from a more informed perspective.

On the other side of the coin, it will encourage people to keep their photographs up to date to ensure they get a high rating from their meets. Again, this can only be good."

How about all those people who quite happily and easily arrange meets without the need for the site to provide them "assurance" systems? Why does the site need to provide that at all? You're not buying a second hand car, you're having casual sex with strangers off the Internet. It doesn't come with any kind of warranty or guarantee. Just how much would you be prepared to pay to receive this kind of assurance and who is going to administer or oversee it?

And how can a rating system on something like sexual attraction which is so entirely subjective be a good thing?

"How about all those people who quite happily and easily arrange meets without the need for the site to provide them "assurance" systems?"

Yet you display your verifications

"How about all those people who quite happily and easily arrange meets without the need for the site to provide them "assurance" systems?

Yet you display your verifications "

And you don't...

I'm not sure I get your point in the context of your suggestion.

The system works well for us. We don't get let down and don't need the site to nanny us when conducting ourselves on here. You've failed to address my other questions. I'm not trying to be negative, just trying to get an understanding of how exactly you propose this will work. You seem to have considered it in quite some detail

"I'm not trying to be negative, just trying to get an understanding of how exactly you propose this will work. You seem to have considered it in quite some detail"

It's actually a bit of a follow on from a discussion that took place in the forums yesterday and some PMs to me after, and these ideas popped into my head and I thought such a system would certainly have helped us on our couple profile, and certainly helped some of those people who commented on that discussion yesterday.

As with any feature, there would be those who wouldn't need it or indeed want it. There's no doubt in my mind these suggestions would improve Fab for a great many people though, no doubt at all. Many times people turn up looking nothing at all like their pictures and it completely spoils things for a lot of folk. Many people get let down by people that agree to meets and then either let down last minute or just disappear etc.

You seem to have never experienced this, I'd say you're in the minority based on my experience from our couple account and from the experiences of those I've met etc.

By *enard ArgenteMan  over a year ago

London and France

Well you could register the meet on a calendar ; then fhexsutesends a contract to each person, which they sigh and date ( witnessed by a third party, of course)

A member of fab admin then picks then up, delivers them to the meet, witnesses the meet, signs the register to confirm it took place, hands out the verification form to each party, ensures that it is filled in correctly;

Adds up all the scores, gets each party to sign that they agree the feedback, and publishes it on a central fab database.

FFS; why do people have to try to make everything so fucking complicated?

"Well you could register the meet on a calendar ; then fhexsutesends a contract to each person, which they sigh and date ( witnessed by a third party, of course)

A member of fab admin then picks then up, delivers them to the meet, witnesses the meet, signs the register to confirm it took place, hands out the verification form to each party, ensures that it is filled in correctly;

Adds up all the scores, gets each party to sign that they agree the feedback, and publishes it on a central fab database.

"

Thanks for trolling the thread. It's not necessary though, or helpful.

London and France

It's entirely necessary to ridicule the thread, because this nonsense has been brought up time and time again;

Trying to " fix" this so called " problem" isn't practically possible.

Verifications do only;

1. Verify the person is real

2. That they are who they say they are

3. ( if it's a meet verification) that they turned up.

Trying to add in subjective judgements is fraught with problems; individual perceptions, and frankly pointless and unmanageable. Hence my post lampooning the idea.

If you have no shows, or think that people are not what they say they are; either choise more carefully, ( it's YOUR responsibility, not the site's), or if they have lied significantly, report them

That's all.

London and France

Oh and by the way; this isn't fucking eBay; with sellers rates;

( where you lay money for goods, and some form of customer assurance is valid; ) it's just a site for casual fucking, that's all.

They'll just do what they've always dine and the leave and set up new accounts.

I personally would feel uncomfortable giving a bad review to a guy who knows where I live...and waiting 7 days to release the rating would make no difference if they only meet occasionally. They'd know it was me. Therefore I'd either decline commenting or leave a false positive out of fear of retribution.

"They'll just do what they've always dine and the leave and set up new accounts.

I personally would feel uncomfortable giving a bad review to a guy who knows where I live...and waiting 7 days to release the rating would make no difference if they only meet occasionally. They'd know it was me. Therefore I'd either decline commenting or leave a false positive out of fear of retribution. "

A very valid point MB

By *heCrowAndButterflyCouple  over a year ago

Rushden

"

You seem to have never experienced this, I'd say you're in the minority based on my experience from our couple account and from the experiences of those I've met etc."

But that's part of how we are wired, we all do it in day to day life, so it's only natural we act this way on here too.

When we get something good happen we don't shout it from the roof tops, however when something bad happens we kick up, the ratio is about 1 to 10. So it only natural we only hear about the let downs.

In general it's nota bad idea though

"

You seem to have never experienced this, I'd say you're in the minority based on my experience from our couple account and from the experiences of those I've met etc.

But that's part of how we are wired, we all do it in day to day life, so it's only natural we act this way on here too.

When we get something good happen we don't shout it from the roof tops, however when something bad happens we kick up, the ratio is about 1 to 10. So it only natural we only hear about the let downs.

In general it's nota bad idea though"

Ha you're right there. In particular from the female perspective though, the let downs aren't just the waste of an hour, it's the waste of a few days prep. Abstention, grooming, buying new underwear etc all in the run up to a meet can be very deflating for well, men and women alike.

Sometimes throwing an idea up in the air like this can get batted about and a final idea formulated that is way different from the original, and way better. Just good to get the idea in the air, so thanks for the positive response

Dear oh dear do we gonna put stuff like his cock was 6 inch not 8 lol

Come on

R we going bit OTT

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

I've suggested a site logged meeting arrangement like this before.

If users are verified as attending all confirmed meets then it could add a new level of assurance and confidence for future users who may meet them.

By *lighty1Woman  over a year ago

You Dont Need to Know, right now

Not for me.

1) the site doesn't need (or want) to know who I have arranged to meet. I take responsibility for my own choices, I out the fakes and timewasters myself, using my common sense and the tools the site gives me. And in four years on this and other sites, I've never had a no-show or someone who looked significantly different from how they appeared on cam.

2) seriously? ratings on subjective matters like personality?

This site is just a way of putting like-minded people in touch with each other. None of us should need 'babysitting' by the site.

"Not for me.

1) the site doesn't need (or want) to know who I have arranged to meet. I take responsibility for my own choices, I out the fakes and timewasters myself, using my common sense and the tools the site gives me. And in four years on this and other sites, I've never had a no-show or someone who looked significantly different from how they appeared on cam.

This site is just a way of putting like-minded people in touch with each other. None of us should need 'babysitting' by the site."

Exactly our thoughts on this

I don't give a flying fig about verifications, I meet people for fun, not to be rated. I use my common sense and gut instinct about a person, not go on the word of a complete stranger. They are overrated in my opinion and some people are totally obsessed with them.

London and France

"Not for me.

This site is just a way of putting like-minded people in touch with each other. None of us should need 'babysitting' by the site.

Exactly our thoughts on this"

Likewise......

By *ugby 123Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

Too much like hard work when this is meant to be fun. We will just stick with using our gut instinct instead

'Signing' to say you're both going to meet won't work as either party could still decide not to turn up plus what happens if one has to cancel as things do happen, what will happen then?

A non public meeting? Why? Most people recommend meeting in public first.

Besides, why make it all so complex? It is pretty easy to tell if people are genuine from the current verification system.

"A non public meeting? Why? Most people recommend meeting in public first."

Non public in the sense if not being visible publicly on fab. Not in anyway related to meeting location.

"A non public meeting? Why? Most people recommend meeting in public first.

Non public in the sense if not being visible publicly on fab. Not in anyway related to meeting location. "

I look at a profile with 10 meets. You know, I reckon they meet.

I look at one with none and know there is a chance they won't. It is up to me to decide whether to risk my time (and a telephone conversation normally tells me).

Why do I need extra tools to help me decide? Common sense does the job for me.

"Not for me.

This site is just a way of putting like-minded people in touch with each other. None of us should need 'babysitting' by the site."

I would love to take subjective reports out of veris altogether, as veris are supposedly to prove the person is real and are as they describe themselves. But if I only write this on a veri I feel it will look like I didn't have anything nice to say about them. Perhaps a 'standard' veri we could use would be a good idea. Just stating they are real and as described... we could choose to use it or not, with an option to add to it if you wish?

By *onnie and JohnCouple  over a year ago

WILTSHIRE

"Too much like hard work when this is meant to be fun. We will just stick with using our gut instinct instead"

"I would love to take subjective reports out of veris altogether, as veris are supposedly to prove the person is real and are as they describe themselves. But if I only write this on a veri I feel it will look like I didn't have anything nice to say about them. Perhaps a 'standard' veri we could use would be a good idea. Just stating they are real and as described... we could choose to use it or not, with an option to add to it if you wish?"

I agree

Central

[Removed by poster at 23/05/16 10:23:54]

Central

I'm guessing that its relevance and usefulness might vary by the type of user. There are possibly more single people that it might help secure their commitment to the meet.

Any agree meets could also show up in our accounts, such as

'You've a confirmed meet on XX December 2016, 2pm

You've a meet pending confirmation from YY, on XX December 2016 2pm'.

or something like that.

The onus is upon all of us to scrutinise people that we're potentially meeting with. Where significant volumes of meets fall through though I think the negativity spreads through the whole community.

There's no proof that this idea would improve meet attendance: my gut instinct tells me it would. Where Doctors appointment cards are written by the patient and not the receptionist, this active involvement increases attendance rates - so subtle activity on the part of the person confirming a meeting/appointment does have a track record of increasing involvement.

It could also prevent someone double booking themselves, arranging several meets and then choosing the best on the day, depending on how they feel.

I'd not solely agree a meet because someone would accept it via a Fab calendar system, my standard filtering and prep. would still happen. But I would feel more confident that the user was more likely to actually meet, at the time/date we've agreed to. And there'd be no confusion about when it was going to be either.

None of our veris have been from pre arranged meets. All have bee from attending clubs and these are the people we engaged with when there.

In your format we would have 0 meets

By *ustcutieWoman  over a year ago

edinburgh

"

Once the meet is accepted it is recorded with the site. It needs both parties to agree to remove the meet for the site to remove it.

."

So what about if someone has to cancel and the other party refuses to agree to remove the meet?

Bloody hell, we'll be so busy arranging things on here we will have no time to actually meet! Chat to someone, use common sense and gut instinct and have fun, forget all of this, don't over complicate something that isn't complicated, well, not for me anyway!

"None of our veris have been from pre arranged meets. All have bee from attending clubs and these are the people we engaged with when there.

In your format we would have 0 meets "

You'd have the same veris you got now.

"So what about if someone has to cancel and the other party refuses to agree to remove the meet? "

Then they'd get recorded as one meet cancelled. If they cancel ten meets in a row it's a pattern people can learn from. If it's one meet in 20 they cancelled people can see from that it was one of those things.

By *entralscotscpl7Couple  over a year ago

Falkirk

Ran out of popcorn........

"None of our veris have been from pre arranged meets. All have bee from attending clubs and these are the people we engaged with when there.

In your format we would have 0 meets

You'd have the same veris you got now."

So then I have 2 questions. How? as we haven't had a pre arranged meet we have both bought into just someone we clicked with at the bar.

Why? If it's the same result why change, especially when it looks like a more complicated process.

The only thing I can say as a benefit is we wouldn't have a rogue veri from a guy we barely chatted with that makes out we play differently to how we do. But I just don't display that.

All for change but this seems more complex and I can't work out what problem it solves or delivers a different result to that available now. Is it so you end up with members with crosses against them for not showing?

London and France

Best change would be to do away with them; or to just have a simple questionnaire

1. Are they real as described?

2. Did they turn up?

"Best change would be to do away with them; or to just have a simple questionnaire

2. Did they turn up?

"

Thank you for contributing Renard. I agree with you here actually. I personally don't like the written verification as it's a bit...well..tacky? Though I understand people like it that way so my intention is to encourage debate on what would be better or an improvement.

Some kind of penalty for people agreeing to meets that they have no intention of attending I think is required, or at least the mechanism for informing others that this person has let others down in the past.

"So then I have 2 questions. How? as we haven't had a pre arranged meet we have both bought into just someone we clicked with at the bar.

Why? If it's the same result why change, especially when it looks like a more complicated process.

The only thing I can say as a benefit is we wouldn't have a rogue veri from a guy we barely chatted with that makes out we play differently to how we do. But I just don't display that.

All for change but this seems more complex and I can't work out what problem it solves or delivers a different result to that available now. Is it so you end up with members with crosses against them for not showing? "

My proposals are (at least initially) meant as an addendum to current rather than a replacement.

"Best change would be to do away with them; or to just have a simple questionnaire

2. Did they turn up?

Thank you for contributing Renard. I agree with you here actually. I personally don't like the written verification as it's a bit...well..tacky? Though I understand people like it that way so my intention is to encourage debate on what would be better or an improvement.

Some kind of penalty for people agreeing to meets that they have no intention of attending I think is required, or at least the mechanism for informing others that this person has let others down in the past."

Isn't that just naming and shaming by another name?

Way too much hassle, some are so wrapped up in veris I'm surprised they actually meet. Just because someone lets you down, doesn't mean they will let others down, it just means for whatever reason, they didn't want to meet you. Its unfair to penalise people for not making a meet, sometimes real life gets in the way and its open to abuse from bitter people you may have turned down.

"I have a few proposals to improve the verification system. Welcome comments improving my proposals, or finding where they wouldn't work etc.

This will consist of a non public meet, set up by either party. Example Thursday 8pm. The other party then has to choice to accept or decline the meet (must have been two way contact previously - which is already coded in and accessible to site programmers).

This adds a lot more assurance that a meet has been agreed to and will take place.

After the meet time has passed a simple message from the site asking if the meet took place. If both parties click yes, then a new icon on the profile to indicate they have in fact turned up to a meet.

2. Ratings system

Quite common people turn up for meets that have wildly misrepresented themselves. Much older and much larger than their profile depicts.

Punctuality - *****

Personality - *****

and so on. Ratings not revealed for seven days, and not able to add a rating after seven days (to prevent people seeing what the other party put before they put their own).

--------------

Just a few thoughts and as I say I welcome what others think."

I can share my view in one word.

Nope.

Hope that helped your survey.

I doubt it did.

By *alcon43Woman  over a year ago

Paisley

Might have helped me having the agreed meet time. I got blamed for not turning up even though he had changed the time to 15 minutes later. Result he turned up at 4.15 then blamed me for not turning up even though I was there for 4.30. He couldn't even wait 15 minutes.

By *at69driveMan  over a year ago

Wisbech and A47 corridor

"I have a few proposals to improve the verification system. Welcome comments improving my proposals, or finding where they wouldn't work etc.

2. Ratings system

Punctuality - *****

Personality - *****

--------------

Just a few thoughts and as I say I welcome what others think."

Surely all the information which you require should already be on a members profile . Verifications are meaningless and all say the same thing .

Surely members should be able to use both judgement and common sense . ?.

London and France

"

Surely members should be able to use both judgement and common sense . ?. "

It seems that most people leave common sense and judgement behind when they join the site, and like so many things nowadays, expect everything to be done for them, and are not prepared to take any responsibility for their own lives, or decisions.

On the other hand , wouldn't it be better just to stop in lol

sounds like a right kafuffle

"sounds like a right kafuffle"

More of a kafuffle is people preparing for meets. Buying new underwear. Abstaining from sex. Organising babysitters. Sorting transport. Checking journey times and location . All for someone that has no iintention of turning up, or will turn up significantly different to how they've portrayed themselves.

If you think clicking a button on a website is more of a kerfuffle than that, then I can't help you.

"How will it improve the system?

On the other side of the coin, it will encourage people to keep their photographs up to date to ensure they get a high rating from their meets. Again, this can only be good.

How about all those people who quite happily and easily arrange meets without the need for the site to provide them "assurance" systems? Why does the site need to provide that at all? You're not buying a second hand car, you're having casual sex with strangers off the Internet. It doesn't come with any kind of warranty or guarantee. Just how much would you be prepared to pay to receive this kind of assurance and who is going to administer or oversee it?

And how can a rating system on something like sexual attraction which is so entirely subjective be a good thing? "

EXACTLY!!

"Well you could register the meet on a calendar ; then fhexsutesends a contract to each person, which they sigh and date ( witnessed by a third party, of course)

"

Lmao

Just to counter the 'complicated' bit.

For the user it's as complicated as choosing a date and time from a drop down menu for one person, clicking an accept for the other. That's it. Less complicated that the meet function.

The complication is the detail I've gone into to for the site programmers how the coding and logic structure will look. As a former computer games programmer I think about those kind of things.

"sounds like a right kafuffle

More of a kafuffle is people preparing for meets. Buying new underwear. Abstaining from sex. Organising babysitters. Sorting transport. Checking journey times and location . All for someone that has no iintention of turning up, or will turn up significantly different to how they've portrayed themselves.

If you think clicking a button on a website is more of a kerfuffle than that, then I can't help you.

"

It's a shame you can't help with the help we didn't ask for.

I'm saddened by this.

Deeply.

To my core.

I "may" be using my special sarcasm font.

Will there be small print? Will we have to sign a legally binding contract and be liable to be sued if we don't carry out the instructions of said contract??! Bloody hell, just use your gut instinct, if something feels the slightest bit iffy, move on.

Also I think everyone on this site has to get photo verified in order to have a profile on here too many fakes

"Also I think everyone on this site has to get photo verified in order to have a profile on here too many fakes "

Admin have said many times they won't force compulsory photo verification. Just block non verified users in your filters, problem sorted for you.

By *rgoodnbadMan  over a year ago

greenock

"Not for me.

"Also I think everyone on this site has to get photo verified in order to have a profile on here too many fakes "

Why? We are not photo verified. We do have meet verifications. Which do you think are likely to be more genuine?

» Add a new message to this topic