FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Fabswingers.com site feedback > trying to stop the fakes

trying to stop the fakes

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

we've all had it fake profiles time wasters and just plain idiots who ruin the fun for the genuine people on this site. We have been members of fab for over 10 years now and have noticed the increase of these idiots.

surely administration could make it so all new members must be photo verified before being able to use the site.

it would surely help to slow if not stop us all being subjected to idiots

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *onnie and JohnCouple  over a year ago

WILTSHIRE

hi maybe also ..need to be a site supporter to use the chat rooms and forum..connie x

yes that would help as well I have heard that fab have implemented this system on they're fab guys site and the males can't use the site till photo verified so why not on here ???

By *cottishsexgoddessWoman  over a year ago

Glenrothes

Does me not being photo verified make me a fake, timewaster or idiot? No. Being photo verified means nothing tbh. It's just another possible tool for members to use along with filters, the delete and block buttons.

By *j_markCouple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Totteridge/Whetstone

If you believe those who are photo-verified aren't fake, only interact with those who are. That way the site works as you wish.

Admin x

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Use the tools which are available to you and then it means 'fakes' aren't on your radar. The site allows you to stop messages from those unverified, those new etc and the search facilities also allows you to search for those within the parameters you set.

We've never had an issue with a fake

"Does me not being photo verified make me a fake, timewaster or idiot? No. Being photo verified means nothing tbh. It's just another possible tool for members to use along with filters, the delete and block buttons."

No it doesn't as you are verified by the green tick not trying to aim at all the genuine ladies and couples on here but I think most would agree that wasting time going through fake emails off men pretending to be a woman looking to get they're rocks off because they seem to think it is funny is not what we are all here for and it really does spoil it for all the genuine people.

happy swinging xx

"If you believe those who are photo-verified aren't fake, only interact with those who are. That way the site works as you wish.

Admin x"

but my question is why not just implement it that new members cannot use the site until they are photo verified the picture is only for administration to view.

Having been let down by fake profiles I won't reply to a non verified profile as it takes 2 minutes to do and is not shown but does given some piece of mind that you are talking to a person and not a ?

As others have said perhaps only photo verified can use chat rooms and forums.....

it purely is just a suggestion.

By *j_markCouple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Totteridge/Whetstone

"If you believe those who are photo-verified aren't fake, only interact with those who are. That way the site works as you wish.

Admin x

but my question is why not just implement it that new members cannot use the site until they are photo verified the picture is only for administration to view."

Many people chose not to photo-verify. We're libertarians, not authoritarians. We don't want to force our rules or others rules, on those who don't want them.

It's really easy to avoid those who aren't photo-verified for those who prefer life that way.

Admin x

so administration won't even consider It then.

is it correct that a similar system is being used on one of your other sites fab guys or was the user that told me this incorrect

"Having been let down by fake profiles I won't reply to a non verified profile as it takes 2 minutes to do and is not shown but does given some piece of mind that you are talking to a person and not a ?

As others have said perhaps only photo verified can use chat rooms and forums....."

Then that would rule me out of the forum...i guess all of those actual meet verifications were all just for nothing...

We don't even look to see if people are photo verified as it's so utterly meaningless...i don't even know why it's a tool on here

By *lighty1Woman  over a year ago

You Dont Need to Know, right now

"but my question is why not just implement it that new members cannot use the site until they are photo verified the picture is only for administration to view."

If you only want to communicate with photo-verified people, you can easily do that. Please don't try to force YOUR rules on everyone else.

In four years on this and other sites, I have never had a no-show, and that's because I use my own common sense and the tools the site gives me, to make good decisions. This site is fine the way it is.

By *yrdwomanWoman  over a year ago

Putting the 'cum' in Eboracum

Photo verification is easy to fake. Use the site tools to meet the people you want to meet.

By *oluptuousWetOneWoman  over a year ago

Wokingham / Reading

"we've all had it fake profiles time wasters and just plain idiots who ruin the fun for the genuine people on this site. We have been members of fab for over 10 years now and have noticed the increase of these idiots.

surely administration could make it so all new members must be photo verified before being able to use the site.

it would surely help to slow if not stop us all being subjected to idiots "

Sadly not even the Yo-yo profilers as I call them seem to be still be photo verified. Some I've seen come and go anything up to 20 times over the years

as I said earlier it was only a suggestion to try and help not trying to enforce anything

By *et a roomCouple  over a year ago

Leeds

"so administration won't even consider It then.

is it correct that a similar system is being used on one of your other sites fab guys or was the user that told me this incorrect "

Admin have said that it's not necessary which means they have considered it and rejected the suggestion.

Admin x"

Exactly this!

Block non verified people in your filters then its not an issue for you. Tis not rocket science

As far as I'm aware non-photo verified people can't join in the forums. Don't know about the chat rooms as I don't use them.

By *heRainManMan  over a year ago

Warrington & Glasgow

"As far as I'm aware non-photo verified people can't join in the forums. Don't know about the chat rooms as I don't use them. "
From the evidence in this thread and the number of people who post a "why should I be forced to be photo verified" in this type of thread, that's not the case.

By *ezebelWoman  over a year ago

North of The Wall - youll need your vest

"As far as I'm aware non-photo verified people can't join in the forums. Don't know about the chat rooms as I don't use them. "

You dont have to be pic-verified, they still let me in

By *ilmiss75Woman  over a year ago

Thornton

Being photo verified means..... Zilch.

Having to be a site supporter to use certain parts of the site.... Also means Zilch.

So called fake people as you say, also have money. Charging then a fiver will not stop them being fake.

On the flip side of the coin, what exactly are these 'fake' people doing in your eyes to make them...fake?

By *ullswapcouple30Couple  over a year ago

Valleys

When we joined the site we became photo verified, soon learnt about fake profiles. I think it helped before we got verified, we also won't send face pics to people if they are not photo or meet/webcam verified.

While it not be fool proof i think it helps cut out alot of time wasters, but like others have said im sure it's not hard to fake them too

Seems Admin have made photo verification compulsory to join FAB

By *onnie and JohnCouple  over a year ago

WILTSHIRE

"Seems Admin have made photo verification compulsory to join FAB "

next good move would be to end cam veri's..connie x

"we've all had it fake profiles time wasters and just plain idiots who ruin the fun for the genuine people on this site. We have been members of fab for over 10 years now and have noticed the increase of these idiots.

it would surely help to slow if not stop us all being subjected to idiots "

"We've all had it????"

I haven't.

Then again I use the tools the site provided and a measure of common sense.

By *he Queen of TartsWoman  over a year ago
Forum Mod

My Own Little World

"Seems Admin have made photo verification compulsory to join FAB "

How have you come to that conclusion? They only said yesterday that they won't make PV compulsary.

We should all get in touch with fab the idea is great

[Removed by poster at 21/05/16 19:53:56]

"We should all get in touch with fab the idea is great "

If you think it will fix the "problem", it's a great idea.

It won't fix the "problem", ergo it's a pointless idea.

"Seems Admin have made photo verification compulsory to join FAB

How have you come to that conclusion? They only said yesterday that they won't make PV compulsary."

Friend of mine has joined and the last step of joining was she had to be photo verified!

By *yrdwomanWoman  over a year ago

Putting the 'cum' in Eboracum

"Seems Admin have made photo verification compulsory to join FAB

How have you come to that conclusion? They only said yesterday that they won't make PV compulsary.

Friend of mine has joined and the last step of joining was she had to be photo verified!"

Apparently its only some people who have to do that, usually if they've been members before.

» Add a new message to this topic