FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Fabswingers.com site feedback > Get started page

Get started page

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *j_mark OP   Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Totteridge/Whetstone

All new users will now be directed to a page that helps them understand how best to improve their account and gives them some hints + tips.

Differs slightly depending on if you're fem/cpl/m etc.

http://www.fabswingers.com/my/getstarted

Everyone can try it

New users will be pointed towards it

Feedback welcome

Admin x

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *b430Man  over a year ago

Tayside

Great addition for newbies and for people that have been on the site a long time too, like me, as it pointed out that I had forgotten to tick the box to say that I would meet FF Couples

I just need to find some that are nearby now!

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"Great addition for newbies and for people that have been on the site a long time too, like me, as it pointed out that I had forgotten to tick the box to say that I would meet FF Couples

I just need to find some that are nearby now! "

And if you manage it, make sure you play the lottery that night too

By *ouple1234Couple  over a year ago

BELFAST UK

looks good, and how will this work will a new person/couple get that link in a message to direct them to it!!

"Great addition for newbies and for people that have been on the site a long time too, like me, as it pointed out that I had forgotten to tick the box to say that I would meet FF Couples

I just need to find some that are nearby now! "

I want to meet FF couples too but so few of them, if i meet any, i will share them with you if you like

Tayside

I just need to find some that are nearby now!

I want to meet FF couples too but so few of them, if i meet any, i will share them with you if you like "

It's a deal

Forum Mod

Totteridge/Whetstone

"looks good, and how will this work will a new person/couple get that link in a message to direct them to it!!"

The link to it is highlighted at the top of the site for the first week.

It's always available on the "my account" page too.

Admin x

Tayside

I've noticed that the part where it says

"It looks like you don't have any public photos yet. Why not upload some photos to make your profile more appealing?"

can't be working as it should, as I do have 1 public photo on my profile already but it can't be getting picked up as being there.

Forum Mod

Totteridge/Whetstone

"I've noticed that the part where it says

"It looks like you don't have any public photos yet. Why not upload some photos to make your profile more appealing?"

can't be working as it should, as I do have 1 public photo on my profile already but it can't be getting picked up as being there. "

Noted, we'll look at that tomorrow, well spotted

Admin x

By *ichNjudyCouple  over a year ago

stoke on trent

Use the message filters to stop anyone who doesn't meet your preferences from mailing you (you can still be mailed by Single Males, FF Couples, MM Couples, TV/TS/CDs, but according to your account preferences you're not looking to meet them)

Just because we don't want to meet these member types does that mean we are advised it's a good thing ignore them? Seems a bit rude to us, what is the harm in just saying 'hi, thanks for the message' ?

Forum Mod

Totteridge/Whetstone

"

Use the message filters to stop anyone who doesn't meet your preferences from mailing you (you can still be mailed by Single Males, FF Couples, MM Couples, TV/TS/CDs, but according to your account preferences you're not looking to meet them)

Just because we don't want to meet these member types does that mean we are advised it's a good thing ignore them? Seems a bit rude to us, what is the harm in just saying 'hi, thanks for the message' ?

"

The're no harm in that it's just making you aware of the fact. Lots of profiles shout about NO SINGLE MEN but they're not even aware they can block them (same for couples, tv's, etc.)

It just makes folks aware that the option is there.

Admin x

By *obbytupperMan  over a year ago

Menston near Ilkley

Another great idea for the site, thank you SJ_Mark. Sites like this can seem very daunting to a first time user so a little assistance goes a long way to not loosing them through frustration.

By *ugby 123Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

"

The're no harm in that it's just making you aware of the fact. Lots of profiles shout about NO SINGLE MEN but they're not even aware they can block them (same for couples, tv's, etc.)

It just makes folks aware that the option is there.

Admin x"

I think that is one of those " you can't win" moments

By *uckscouple2007Couple  over a year ago

Bucks

"

I think that is one of those " you can't win" moments"

shame eh ruggers .. just saw that option on our profile so came in here to find out about it and despite the quantity of threads in Lounge, etc moaning but as soon as Admin highlight the choices to peeps ...

they carry on moaning ... its NOT as if one has to use those filters .. but letting peeps know they are there isn't it??

By *mack my bumMan  over a year ago

Hayle

Not sure if it's relevant but could you do summat like that on fabguys

Cheers

Great idea sj.

perhaps another meet suggestion, for fems especially, let a friend or fab buddy know you are going on a meet and where, especially if they are coming to your home. Leave your mobile number with them to check on you. I found that useful advice when I went on my first few meets, lol phone a friend..... get me out of here! xxxxx

Forum Mod

Totteridge/Whetstone

"Great idea sj.

perhaps another meet suggestion, for fems especially, let a friend or fab buddy know you are going on a meet and where, especially if they are coming to your home. Leave your mobile number with them to check on you. I found that useful advice when I went on my first few meets, lol phone a friend..... get me out of here! xxxxx"

That's a good idea we'll add to the meet tip section.

Admin x

The new help/checklist is a very good add on. We have been on the site a few months and it helped us.

We have just introduced a friend to the site and he found it very helpful indeed.

By *ickingFantasticMan  over a year ago

Fareham

Although I have been on the site a while, I think the tips page for new members is a great addition. Thanks for adding it

By *londieddWoman  over a year ago

fife

Wish we could have a filter for age ranges as no one seems to take on board that Im not interested Im under 39 over 49

Forum Mod

Totteridge/Whetstone

"Wish we could have a filter for age ranges as no one seems to take on board that Im not interested Im under 39 over 49"

We'll be adding this in the next few weeks

Admin x

Our tips and getting started says...

Yet we do have public pics

Tony

Forum Mod

Totteridge/Whetstone

"Our tips and getting started says...

Yet we do have public pics

Tony"

Someone else reported this bug, we'll have a look at fixing it this week

Admin x

"Wish we could have a filter for age ranges as no one seems to take on board that Im not interested Im under 39 over 49

We'll be adding this in the next few weeks

Admin x"

*falls in love with admin*

Just kidding lol! Age filters would be really useful though

» Add a new message to this topic