FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Fabswingers.com site feedback > Chat room windows

Chat room windows

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *urreylover OP   Man  over a year ago

Guildford

When new chat first started, I could open a window on different chat rooms. Now I can only have one chat window open at a time. I know it should be possible because when I switch rooms I see same people in the rooms. I have used Chrome and IE, both with private browsing.

IS there something I've done?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *j_markCouple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Totteridge/Whetstone

"When new chat first started, I could open a window on different chat rooms. Now I can only have one chat window open at a time. I know it should be possible because when I switch rooms I see same people in the rooms. I have used Chrome and IE, both with private browsing.

IS there something I've done?"

We turned off this feature.

If you see people in multiple rooms it's because they've "sneaked" around the system. It's probably not wise to do this because at some point we'll run a report and block them all from chat.

Admin x

By *urreylover OP   Man  over a year ago

Guildford

Thank you! Always nice to know that I've not messed up

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"When new chat first started, I could open a window on different chat rooms. Now I can only have one chat window open at a time. I know it should be possible because when I switch rooms I see same people in the rooms. I have used Chrome and IE, both with private browsing.

If you see people in multiple rooms it's because they've "sneaked" around the system. It's probably not wise to do this because at some point we'll run a report and block them all from chat.

Admin x"

By *thwalescplCouple  over a year ago

brecon

Admin x"

Does this mean I will not be able to go into old chat and beta chat at the same time?

I dont go in "multiple" rooms as such, but I do like to be in welsh chat and welsh beta chat, I flit between the two keeping up with old friends and trying to make new ones.

If this does mean I cant do this any more, then I guess I'm staying in old chat lol!

By *ilandlarryCouple  over a year ago

more north lincs than mids!

Admin x

Does this mean I will not be able to go into old chat and beta chat at the same time?

I dont go in "multiple" rooms as such, but I do like to be in welsh chat and welsh beta chat, I flit between the two keeping up with old friends and trying to make new ones.

If this does mean I cant do this any more, then I guess I'm staying in old chat lol!"

I do this too

Forum Mod

Totteridge/Whetstone

"

If this does mean I cant do this any more, then I guess I'm staying in old chat lol!"

We've not got a problem with people being in old and new at the same time. We do have a problem with people who aren't site supporters "sneaking" around the system to view multiple cams. This costs us in bandwidth and when we get round to it we'll be blocking these folks from chat.

Admin x

By *eallysexycoupleCouple  over a year ago

norwich

So should users/members who find other users/members in multirooms report this as abuse?

i must admit I used to like being able to see who was in a chat room before I actually went in to natter just in case i knew no one in there never mind all progress

they say is good for the soul

i think most of us can go into old chat and beta chat at same time cant we sjmark but cant be in multiple beta rooms like we used to be able to do

Forum Mod

Totteridge/Whetstone

"So should users/members who find other users/members in multirooms report this as abuse?"

No, the chat logs various metrics we'll just run a report against this

Admin x

am lost now dont go all high tech with the answers not this time of nite and not when brain not working cos of nicotine shortage as given up fags

» Add a new message to this topic