FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Fabswingers.com site feedback > Members Search

Members Search

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *tomCom OP   Man  over a year ago

Wellingborough

Hi there,

I think the upgraded members search utility is fantastic, though I do have a couple of bugs to report and a few suggestions to make.

Bugs

----

1) The first and last results are overlapping;

...Page 1: results 1 – 20

...Page 2: results 20 – 40

As you can see result 20 will appear twice. The major issue of this is that it causes a page 11 to appear.

2) Result records are only sorted by last online time. This is ok, apart from when you look for people currently online. Because they all have the same last online time (which is Online) the results are displayed in a random order, which makes it hard when you have more than one page of results. When you go to page 2 or maybe 3 you sometimes see results that you had seen on page 1 etc, it would be nice if there was also some sub sorting.

Suggestions:

------------

When people do a search, they like to search for local people. Currently this can only be done via, country or area. This as we all know is very much hit and miss. It would be nice to search for people within a certain distance, say 10 – 20 – 30 miles. Could you not make use of the first part of the members postcode (or town name) and PAF database, this will allow you to calculate distances.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

Wellingborough

By the way, I do a lot of work with data myself, (Yes I am a Nerd.. lol) and I do have access to a full PAF database .. lol

Wellingborough

*bump*

By *j_markCouple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Totteridge/Whetstone

We've noted this, thanks.

We'll bring the new search out of beta at some point and attempt to address these... the time online thing is a b*gger to work around though!

Admin x

» Add a new message to this topic