FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Fabswingers.com site feedback > temporary bans

temporary bans

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *o Peep n Woody OP   Couple  over a year ago

suffolk

A few simple steps would seriously reduce the number of fake and abusers on the site.

1-maximum of 3 accounts created from a single ip address ever. (people that get their fake accounts deleted wouldnt just make a new one.

2- people that are.banned for being fake or so should have a permanent ip ban.

username Chat temp 4hours ban should be ip ban and longer than 4 hours

Requiring photo verification in way to verify others. If admin didn't verify me as real how trustworthy my verification is?(would stop males making fake female accounts to verify themselves which just waste everyone's time)

Just some ideas. Surely most members would agree

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *b430Man  over a year ago

Tayside

Not all IP addresses are static though and can change every time you log onto your router, mobile broadband dongles are another wee problem to your ideas.

suffolk

Part of the address is static and you can't change it. And u can perm ban even with dynamic ip.

Example 84.134.234.123@virgin123456cstm etc u can't change what's after @ and u can ban it

By *b430Man  over a year ago

Tayside

"Part of the address is static and you can't change it. And u can perm ban even with dynamic ip.

Example 84.134.234.123@virgin123456cstm etc u can't change what's after @ and u can ban it"

We will have to agree to disagree on whether or not it is possible to ban a persons IP address totally to stop them rejoining

suffolk

I was once banned from a gaming forum cuz I made a 2nd account on it. Changing ip address, MAC address,pc etc didn't made any difference.

By *oe the greekMan  over a year ago

Swindon

I'm sure admin are more than aware of this and have measures in place to detect fakes

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

you can change you ip everytime with programs like super hide ip.

can even change the country if you want to be really secret.

so wouldnt stop them.

By *oe the greekMan  over a year ago

Swindon

There's ultra surf too which makes you anonymous I've used this and it works I used it in Canada to enable me to watch some channels in the states

Well you will never find some of us that are not technically minded making a second account as you've lost me completely on some of what you have said

suffolk

still the ammount who can "hide ip"/fake ip or use websites to load the sites for you are well under 5% of fabswingers users. if there is 1000 fakers with 5000 fake profiles that would cut it down to 250fake profiles in the long run, a 4750 cut out of the 5000.

Im not giving you the 100% reliable way. i just exposed a Easy doable way that will knock out a big % of them away.

By *ortheastcoupleukCouple  over a year ago

easington were the sun dont shine

tbh dont really give the fakers a thought if wont speak on phone we dont meet and move on ,why worry what any one else is up to.

"Part of the address is static and you can't change it. And u can perm ban even with dynamic ip.

Example 84.134.234.123@virgin123456cstm etc u can't change what's after @ and u can ban it"

But wouldnt several people have the same info that was after the @ and result in them been punted?

Also, as BB says, mobile broadband dongles are a spanner in the works for several reasons that I wont go into here.

The one thing we can do though, is report people that we think are fakes.... of course and email to admin saying 'this user is a fake' will get no where, but provide them with some proof or suspicions on why you think they are fake then action will be taken.

If you think that someone has come back on the site after been banned/suspended then report that too, along with the original username. You would be suprised at the number of folk who brag about been banned before in open chat or on their profile

S.

Example 84.134.234.123@virgin123456cstm etc u can't change what's after @ and u can ban it

But wouldnt several people have the same info that was after the @ and result in them been punted?

Also, as BB says, mobile broadband dongles are a spanner in the works for several reasons that I wont go into here.

The one thing we can do though, is report people that we think are fakes.... of course and email to admin saying 'this user is a fake' will get no where, but provide them with some proof or suspicions on why you think they are fake then action will be taken.

If you think that someone has come back on the site after been banned/suspended then report that too, along with the original username. You would be suprised at the number of folk who brag about been banned before in open chat or on their profile

S."

Banning people wont help much. They will come back under a new name and start allover again...Easy ask for phone simple H. x

I don't want to be photo verified - I would feel totally stupid standing there with a piece of paper with my user name on it. Plus, if that photo ever got seen by anyone it wasn't intended to, I would have a much harder time saying it was just some pics I'd taken with a partner.

"I don't want to be photo verified - I would feel totally stupid standing there with a piece of paper with my user name on it. Plus, if that photo ever got seen by anyone it wasn't intended to, I would have a much harder time saying it was just some pics I'd taken with a partner. "

*Nods*

suffolk

"I don't want to be photo verified - I would feel totally stupid standing there with a piece of paper with my user name on it. Plus, if that photo ever got seen by anyone it wasn't intended to, I would have a much harder time saying it was just some pics I'd taken with a partner. "

doesnt need your face in it. can be a body pic. only verifies that you're a couple/female etc

suffolk

"But wouldnt several people have the same info that was after the @ and result in them been punted?"

its ISP and costumer number/code. would be effective even on mobile/dinamic ip connections

Personally, fakes don't bother me on this site as not come across one or a timewaster. I know what I want and what I'm looking for. I'm not swayed by pretty pictures or false flattery. I can tell by the first TWO words whether I'll open a message, and the end to decide to continue after the FIRST.

I have filters to cut down on the amount of messages as this is not an ego massaging exercise for me. When I met my time was limited so every meet had to count. I also insisted on a social meet first.

Not ONCE in four years did I have a no show. If you take your time and choose carefully and go with your instincts people will find they won't have time posting about fakes, they'll be too busy shagging the genuine people on site!

"I don't want to be photo verified - I would feel totally stupid standing there with a piece of paper with my user name on it. Plus, if that photo ever got seen by anyone it wasn't intended to, I would have a much harder time saying it was just some pics I'd taken with a partner.

doesnt need your face in it. can be a body pic. only verifies that you're a couple/female etc"

Yes but how would I explain a picture on my laptop with some random woman holding a piece of paper up with that information on it, if I forgot to delete it or remove it from my recycling folder.

The site works perfectly well without lots of draconian rules, why are you trying to tell people how to use it?

instead of dictating to everyone else how they should conduce their activites on this site, why dont you just improve your own?

for a start you could use your message filters and the advanced search and bingo - only verified people/site supporters are able to message you - simple.

By *abioMan  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

"

Requiring photo verification in way to verify others. If admin didn't verify me as real how trustworthy my verification is?(would stop males making fake female accounts to verify themselves which just waste everyone's time)

"

All that photo verification tells me is that you manages to put a sign up...

photo verification doesn't tell me if for example your height is right....

doesn't tell me if your "sexuality" is right....

doesn't tell me if your "age" is right....

doesn't tell me if in fact you are an "arse" or not......

work round those and i'll agree with you.. until then... its pish!!!

Tbh, the way things are at the moment most people can spot a fake a mile off, put any limitation in place that you like and fakes will still get round them but are then harder to spot.

Just use the tools that the site give you and use common sense and develop a sense for if it's too good to be true, it probably is.

S.

suffolk

Well photo verification tells me if a woman or a couple isn't just a single male pretending and wasting my time. And 90%+ of fake profiles are men as women or couples. The other 10% women that are couples that are just as wrong. I don't mind to block and move on but our block list must be over 1000 members full of fakes and spammers. Would just save me lots of time if the site admin was a bit more harsh towards who gets caught messing about

» Add a new message to this topic