FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Fabswingers.com site feedback > Chat in chat rooms

Chat in chat rooms

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Hi,was wandering if anyone else had this problem.When someone has messaged you in the main chat and it dissapears so you have to scroll up to read it,as soon as a new message is posted it takes you straight down to the new message so 9 times out of 10 we don't have time to read the message that was for us.It would be much better if when you scrolled up to read previous messages it would stay where you scrolled upto instead of taking you down to the new messages as soon as a new comment is posted every 2 seconds.Was wandering what other people think and if possible the fab admins could help.X

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

yeah, loads of people are chatting so that's why that happens.

if you're genuinely interested in chatting to people it'd be better to open up private chats with them.

Drives me up the wall, and i am a seasoned chatter, lol.

By *inky-MinxWoman  over a year ago

Grantham

You just can't scroll up

You could suggest to the other chatter that you move to a quieter room for a short while - there is never a time when ALL rooms are jumping busy

Just tell everyone in the room to shut the f..k up while you scroll! That might work?

We use to use an American chat site years ago and on there you could right click the screen and freeze it then read whet you needed to then unclick

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Something like that would make the chat a lot better.If any admins read this is there any chance you could do something similar.Would be greatly appreciated.

"yeah, loads of people are chatting so that's why that happens.

if you're genuinely interested in chatting to people it'd be better to open up private chats with them."

to an extent but then u have so many different windows open and pop ups here there and everywhere it gets very very confusing

in fact i turn off coz pisses me off

especially if u tryin to reply in room and as u fink u sendin u realise 20 differen tpm windows have come up and ur msg in room hhas been spread across the text box of all of em

thats well bloody frustrating especially if ya wanna vent lol

sadly this is sumthing we all find frustrating but fab do fuck all about

it defaults to newest msg which annoys the crap outta me

on a different site i used u could have that continue or option to hit the padlock symbol on scroll so it scroll locked or not wen u turned on or off then it would let u scroll thru and read without bouncing u back to start

they probs do it so that in busier times alot of the shit that people come out with isnt seen and retaliated to

but if people wanna talk and ur in busy chat they shud really know themselves its easy to miss especially if u writing or replyin to msgs and not lookin at screen

thats where cam handy coz they can see if u looking at the room or down to type haha

thats what i go by anyway

fucked if theres a time delay in cam to real time tho heeheee

xx

trust me it dont every fucker comes out from under their boulder/rock wen ya do and every twat got sumit to say as soon as u do

i say from experience by the way.

» Add a new message to this topic