FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Fabswingers.com site feedback > Pinned FAQs on the forum

Pinned FAQs on the forum

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

I spend a bit of time reading on the forums and I think I'm far from the only one to notice that same few questions keep resurfacing. Is there the ability to pin an FAQ post, say at the top of the Advice forum, where someone could put together the usual advice in response to regular questions?

No doubt people will still ask but at least it would be a simple place to point them to for an answer (and would be more visible than if they had to do a forum search)

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *he Queen of TartsWoman  over a year ago
Forum Mod

My Own Little World

The FAQ is in the blue bar bottom of every page on the full site and bottom of the home page on mobile site.

There is also a search forum box.

Yet people don't use them.

I have seen people ask a question which is identical to one 2 threads down, similar title even. They still won't bother doing a little bit of research and finding the answer for themselves.

By *inky-MinxWoman  over a year ago

Grantham

"The FAQ is in the blue bar bottom of every page on the full site and bottom of the home page on mobile site.

There is also a search forum box.

Yet people don't use them.

I have seen people ask a question which is identical to one 2 threads down, similar title even. They still won't bother doing a little bit of research and finding the answer for themselves."

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

You're probably right, just on other forums I've used in the past it had been really easy to find FAQs that relate specifically to each section of the forum as you have to scroll past them. But yes, there will still be people who won't look at them.

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

Maybe recent matching title subjects could be highlighted instead?

Or newer members could be given a different pathway into the forum, such that they are led into FAQs, given some prompts etc. (I'm not saying it's only new users who'll not repost stuff, but it could be helpful to train new users, by enforcing them to follow simple steps, before posting a topic.

» Add a new message to this topic