FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Fabswingers.com site feedback > Secret subsection

Secret subsection

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Some forums I've been on have subsections that are unavailable to view unless you're a member. They were adult rooms to discuss adult content (not needed here as it's an adult site) also had subsections that only members could view and had to be approved by admin of that site.

Would admin here make a subsection, similar to the lounge but only viewable by members, could also be members that had a certain post count to ensure they were genuine forum users and not journos (not wasp hunter, journos looking for stories)

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *iamondjoeMan  over a year ago

Glastonbury

Oh, I'm almost certain such things exist... but only by invitation

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"Some forums I've been on have subsections that are unavailable to view unless you're a member. They were adult rooms to discuss adult content (not needed here as it's an adult site) also had subsections that only members could view and had to be approved by admin of that site.

Would admin here make a subsection, similar to the lounge but only viewable by members, could also be members that had a certain post count to ensure they were genuine forum users and not journos (not wasp hunter, journos looking for stories) "

You mean a forum for the ..

(dare I say it...???)

Clique?

"Oh, I'm almost certain such things exist... but only by invitation"

That's what it was like on a certain fitness forum I was on. Luckily I was part of the crew, or in other words was one of the birds that would post pictures of my boobs and Mary.

"Some forums I've been on have subsections that are unavailable to view unless you're a member. They were adult rooms to discuss adult content (not needed here as it's an adult site) also had subsections that only members could view and had to be approved by admin of that site.

Would admin here make a subsection, similar to the lounge but only viewable by members, could also be members that had a certain post count to ensure they were genuine forum users and not journos (not wasp hunter, journos looking for stories) "

Like a....clique?

*couldnt help it!

Dan, your too quick.

*bet you heard that before

"Dan, your too quick.

*bet you heard that before "

you know me too well my friend!

Would admin here make a subsection, similar to the lounge but only viewable by members, could also be members that had a certain post count to ensure they were genuine forum users and not journos (not wasp hunter, journos looking for stories)

You mean a forum for the ..

(dare I say it...???)

Clique? "

Not all the clique bollocks just a subsection that isn't viewable by the public so members could post things they want advice on that is only readable by forum members. ALL genuine forum members that actively use the forum.

Glastonbury

"Dan, your too quick.

you know me too well my friend! "

* clique-bait

Lol op there are some of us though the that don't think becoming a supporter at min worth it

"Lol op there are some of us though the that don't think becoming a supporter at min worth it "

I'm not a site supporter, you wouldn't have to be a site supporter. Just have maybe 100 posts under your belt to ensure you do actually use the forum and not just scanning for scandal (reference to all the outing in newspapers and shit)

Why?

"Lol op there are some of us though the that don't think becoming a supporter at min worth it

I'm not a site supporter, you wouldn't have to be a site supporter. Just have maybe 100 posts under your belt to ensure you do actually use the forum and not just scanning for scandal (reference to all the outing in newspapers and shit) "

Ok np I thought you meant it that you would have to be to access sorry

"Why? "

Because sometimes people have things on their minds or things going on and would benefit from having lots of unbiased impartial opinions and views on something.

Even if we could edit our own posts and have the option to delete our own threads would be good.

"Dan, your too quick.

* clique-bait

"

Your in my clique now!

"Why?

Because sometimes people have things on their minds or things going on and would benefit from having lots of unbiased impartial opinions and views on something.

Even if we could edit our own posts and have the option to delete our own threads would be good.

"

I get what your saying. But I disagree. I think it's a bad idea.

Like I'd feel left out until I post a certain amount if posts to progress to the elite part of a forum.

"Why?

"

But surely its only the measure of all opinion that provides the widest perspective...

Glastonbury

"Dan, your too quick.

* clique-bait

Your in my clique now!

"

*as Groucho*

"Sir, I wouldn't want to be a member of any clique that would have me!"

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman  over a year ago

evesham

Because journalists can't pay membership fees?!

evesham

"Why?

"

how does being a member posting in a special section guarantee impartial and unbiased opinions... I just don't get it

evesham

"Oh, I'm almost certain such things exist... but only by invitation

That's what it was like on a certain fitness forum I was on. Luckily I was part of the crew, or in other words was one of the birds that would post pictures of my boobs and Mary. "

So exactly like a clique then

These already exist?....platinum members only?

By *teveanddebsCouple  over a year ago

Norwich

You mean you don't have access to the members forum?

Are you sure you have had 100 posts on this account?

By *teveanddebsCouple  over a year ago

Norwich

" have the option to delete our own threads would be good.

"

Not good. This was the case on another forum I was on, one long time poster deleted all the threads he had started when he flounced, the problem was that a lot of people had posted useful info to those threads then over time they had been linked to. It was a right mess to clean up.

Coincidentally, there was a post that I clicked on the other day which said I didn't have permission to view, so maybe this does exist here...

I agree but don't think there needs to be a subsection just need to have to fully join to even view the forum or peoples profiles.

The journalist "problem" I think is a red herring, this site like any other walk of life will have disgruntled people who'll sell to them what ever they need without them having to actually join. (Sssh, keep it quite but currently negotiating on an Iberian deal! )

"

"

I think this would be a good idea.

[Removed by poster at 29/11/16 14:37:05]

"

I think this would be a good idea. "

Unless I'm wrong we sort of edit our posts if we delete them and post a fresh one, don't we? But do you mean the option to completely delete a thread, our own and other people's posts? If so, wouldn't that be censorship by the back door? (Know of a certain group that might like that though!)

"Why?

how does being a member posting in a special section guarantee impartial and unbiased opinions... I just don't get it "

Anyone on here answering a problem that I may have will be impartial because they don't know me or any of the people involved in my situation, they wouldn't be on any bodies side so would just be able to read the situation for what it is and give advice based on that.

"Coincidentally, there was a post that I clicked on the other day which said I didn't have permission to view, so maybe this does exist here... "

It means the thread was deleted.

"Coincidentally, there was a post that I clicked on the other day which said I didn't have permission to view, so maybe this does exist here...

It means the thread was deleted."

Oh! That's not nearly as interesting haha!

I wondered why a lot of you don't post in the Members' Forum.

[Removed by poster at 29/11/16 15:55:00]

"[Removed by poster at 29/11/16 15:55:00]"

sn't that what the forums that exist already do? Why the need for secrets. Just don't post what you don't want others to know. Xxx

Would that mean the original forums would be quieter?

"Would that mean the original forums would be quieter? "

Possibly....... but surely it would also mean original forum would be the fun place to be...

Would people know who can post in the elite subsection or would theh find out when posters reference a particular post in the general threads?

"[Removed by poster at 29/11/16 15:55:00]

sn't that what the forums that exist already do? Why the need for secrets. Just don't post what you don't want others to know. Xxx"

I don't necessarily want other people to know but I want the average person off the streets opinion on a particular situation so I have a general idea of how things are gonna go. I'd like to be able to post whatever I want with the security that only registered forum users would see it and not someone that could google a particular word or sentence and then be directed to this forum where the whole thing can be read.

By *rightonsteveMan  over a year ago

Brighton - even Hove!

What do you mean by "wasp hunter"?

By *eliWoman  over a year ago

I'll know it when I find it.

What do you mean by "wasp hunter"?"

They're a person on here who has a new profile with a different name and they work as a journalist.

sn't that what the forums that exist already do? Why the need for secrets. Just don't post what you don't want others to know. Xxx

I don't necessarily want other people to know but I want the average person off the streets opinion on a particular situation so I have a general idea of how things are gonna go. I'd like to be able to post whatever I want with the security that only registered forum users would see it and not someone that could google a particular word or sentence and then be directed to this forum where the whole thing can be read.

"

Ahhh that makes sence now. Sorry my brain is in fibrofog mode. I agree then would be good if all the forums on here were closed to the outside world. I'm not bothered who reads my posts but I'm sure there are folk who need the discretion more. Xxx

By *ady LickWoman  over a year ago

Northampton Somewhere

I think your idea is a good one but what about the genuine people who don't post that often?

They're a person on here who has a new profile with a different name and they work as a journalist."

Didn't know that but I'm sure as she is in the lifestyle and open about her kinks she wouldn't mix buissness with pleasure. Xxx

Ahhh that makes sence now. Sorry my brain is in fibrofog mode. I agree then would be good if all the forums on here were closed to the outside world. I'm not bothered who reads my posts but I'm sure there are folk who need the discretion more. Xxx"

Surely the moral of the story is don't post anything in a public forum that can come back and bite you on the arse someday.

Ahhh that makes sence now. Sorry my brain is in fibrofog mode. I agree then would be good if all the forums on here were closed to the outside world. I'm not bothered who reads my posts but I'm sure there are folk who need the discretion more. Xxx

Surely the moral of the story is don't post anything in a public forum that can come back and bite you on the arse someday."

quick the mothers looking! xxx

Miss fagandslippers you have a cracking set of shirt potatoes, therefore I'm going to agree with you and say that this covert black ops forum post shenanigans is a great idea!

"Miss fagandslippers you have a cracking set of shirt potatoes, therefore I'm going to agree with you and say that this covert black ops forum post shenanigans is a great idea! "

Bum lick

"Miss fagandslippers you have a cracking set of shirt potatoes, therefore I'm going to agree with you and say that this covert black ops forum post shenanigans is a great idea!

Bum lick "

If it's on offer!

evesham

I'm still not getting it. You get impartial and unbiased advice now so why would you need a secret bit?

Any journo a other half a brain could get Round any payment to or. Posting limitations I'd they rely wanted to.

"I'm still not getting it. You get impartial and unbiased advice now so why would you need a secret bit?

Any journo a other half a brain could get Round any payment to or. Posting limitations I'd they rely wanted to. "

A journalist would happily spend time posting to get to 100 posts and fulfill any criteria, to gain access to the juicy bits.

"Miss fagandslippers you have a cracking set of shirt potatoes, therefore I'm going to agree with you and say that this covert black ops forum post shenanigans is a great idea! "

Shirt potatoes! Do you know I use hand potatoes to measure penis length?

We're quite similar!

"I'm still not getting it. You get impartial and unbiased advice now so why would you need a secret bit?

Any journo a other half a brain could get Round any payment to or. Posting limitations I'd they rely wanted to.

A journalist would happily spend time posting to get to 100 posts and fulfill any criteria, to gain access to the juicy bits. "

Ahhh fuck it. You lot would pick holes in a sieve.

"Miss fagandslippers you have a cracking set of shirt potatoes, therefore I'm going to agree with you and say that this covert black ops forum post shenanigans is a great idea!

Shirt potatoes! Do you know I use hand potatoes to measure penis length?

We're quite similar!"

No way! What's the chances?

Like two potatoes in a pod!

By *rightonsteveMan  over a year ago

Brighton - even Hove!

They're a person on here who has a new profile with a different name and they work as a journalist."

That's interesting. Happily blocked

By *yrdwomanWoman  over a year ago

Putting the 'cum' in Eboracum

Just post in the Canada forum. No-one goes in there.

They're a person on here who has a new profile with a different name and they work as a journalist.

That's interesting. Happily blocked "

She doesn't do anything with the stories in the papers, she's been a member here years. I only said her name cos I remember what she does and didn't want to sound like I was including her with the bad kind of journos. I really don't think she gives a fuck what anyone on here does.

evesham

A journalist would happily spend time posting to get to 100 posts and fulfill any criteria, to gain access to the juicy bits.

Ahhh fuck it. You lot would pick holes in a sieve. "

Isn't that the point of putting something up for discussion?!

Isn't that the point of putting something up for discussion?! "

It was a suggestion. I don't care about journalists I have no scandals, I just wanted opinions off people on here but didn't want key words that I could write or sentences to be accessable by anyone doing a google search of similar topics and being led here and therefore knowing my argument before I've even had it and possibly having an advantage. A subsection that was purely only accessible by other users would stop any content contained in the forums from appearing in public searches. Do you understand now or do I have to break it down even more?

If it's of any help

I'm sure under the privacy section you can choose to hide your profile from Google searches and similar don't know how that affects it on the forums etc.

evesham

It was a suggestion. I don't care about journalists I have no scandals, I just wanted opinions off people on here but didn't want key words that I could write or sentences to be accessable by anyone doing a google search of similar topics and being led here and therefore knowing my argument before I've even had it and possibly having an advantage. A subsection that was purely only accessible by other users would stop any content contained in the forums from appearing in public searches. Do you understand now or do I have to break it down even more? "

But that's not how you sold it in your original post. What I don't understand now is why you are throwing your dummies out of the pram just because someone doesn't agree with your suggestion.

Your original point was to have a secret section that only certain members could access after meeting certain posting criteria.

If your suggestion is just to prevent Google searches revealing the forum posgs then all that needs to happen is for them to be made private by admin and no special frequent flyer section is needed.

It was a suggestion. I don't care about journalists I have no scandals, I just wanted opinions off people on here but didn't want key words that I could write or sentences to be accessable by anyone doing a google search of similar topics and being led here and therefore knowing my argument before I've even had it and possibly having an advantage. A subsection that was purely only accessible by other users would stop any content contained in the forums from appearing in public searches. Do you understand now or do I have to break it down even more?

But that's not how you sold it in your original post. What I don't understand now is why you are throwing your dummies out of the pram just because someone doesn't agree with your suggestion.

Your original point was to have a secret section that only certain members could access after meeting certain posting criteria.

If your suggestion is just to prevent Google searches revealing the forum posgs then all that needs to happen is for them to be made private by admin and no special frequent flyer section is needed. "

I had to keep breaking it down and explaining it in more detail because people like yourself couldn't get it from the original simple description. I'm not throwing my dummy out of the pram at all it's just frustrating trying to explain things to people that aren't on the same wave length as myself.

By *ugby 123Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

This has been moved to the right section now. I got what you meant OP

If your suggestion is just to prevent Google searches revealing the forum posgs then all that needs to happen is for them to be made private by admin and no special frequent flyer section is needed. "

That's how I read the original op which is why I asked a question.

"Lol op there are some of us though the that don't think becoming a supporter at min worth it

I'm not a site supporter, you wouldn't have to be a site supporter. Just have maybe 100 posts under your belt to ensure you do actually use the forum and not just scanning for scandal (reference to all the outing in newspapers and shit) "

Shoite has there been outings in papers? (honest question)

By *he Queen of TartsWoman  over a year ago
Forum Mod

My Own Little World

I'm not a site supporter, you wouldn't have to be a site supporter. Just have maybe 100 posts under your belt to ensure you do actually use the forum and not just scanning for scandal (reference to all the outing in newspapers and shit)

Shoite has there been outings in papers? (honest question) "

Several. Normally police officers who are stupid enough to post pic of themselves in uniform.

By *lighty1Woman  over a year ago

You Dont Need to Know, right now

So is the suggestion, now, that Admin should prevent ALL threads from being available to external search-engines (like they can do with profiles)? I.e. have we moved away from making a secret section, instead making the whole Forum in effect 'secret' from non-members?

I have no problem with that, but I can see that Admin might not want to do it, as being able to 'browse' the Forums before joining probably helps drive up member-numbers (which drives up revenue from advertising and membership).

If we're still talking about having a Secret Forum, my opinion depends on whether I am in or out. If I'm in, I don't care either way, if I'm out, then I'm resentful about being excluded. It's back to the old 'clique' argument.

If someone particularly wants the opinions of a sub-section of membership of a particular issue, it's easy to use the Hotlist to compile a list of members whose opinion they value, and canvas opinions on their issue via the inbox system.

On all the websites that i'm a mod on there are subsections that are only viewable by mods and admin. I would imagine Fab is no different in this regard. In my opinion, Mod and Admin subsections are the only subsections on any website that shouldn't be viewable by normal members or the public at large. As has been mentioned, peeps can always message other members if they want a private piece of advice.

» Add a new message to this topic