FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Fabswingers.com site feedback > FAQs

FAQs

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Just recently I have been getting follow up mail from people I ignored the first time around because they weren't what I was looking for, for one reason or another...

Rather than just block them straight off I often quote the FAQs to them by way of an explanation but why cant the FAQs be in a more prominent place on the site, rather than right down at the bottom of the page in miniscule letters...

I know the old saying 'you can lead a horse to water but you can't make it drink' but at least if we mention FAQs often enough then more people might read them and not send any further unwanted mail

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

good idea. or replace that message saying 'you have already messaged this person and not got a reply' or whatever it says with the FAQ stuff.

"good idea. or replace that message saying 'you have already messaged this person and not got a reply' or whatever it says with the FAQ stuff."

that's a good idea too...

or just send a direct link to the actual FAQ so they know we aren't joking

By *estlands4Man  over a year ago

Sidmouth

as a man is it ok to have an alternative view?

A good looking lady like you must get hundreds of messages a day, it could be feasible that you miss someone suitable purely down to a quick scan of messages - therefore to say the FAQS as in no reply means no interest could mean you let a goodie slip through your fingers. As a man we all of course believe we are entirely suitable to whoever we message (joke btw) so could possibly try again without remembering when we last messaged - I travel around with work so can go the the same place say once twice a year - just because you weren't interested in me 6 months ago (due to the above average interest in you at that point) doesn't mean you won't be interested in me now... If you've put up a meet or status that I fit why wouldn't I enquire?

My learned friends I put it to you that relying on FAQS does not mean no more contact for ever...

If they don't take any notice of the message saying you've messaged before and got no reply, fab takes a dim view of pestering or whatever it says, they're unlikely to take any notice of anything else!

"as a man is it ok to have an alternative view?

A good looking lady like you must get hundreds of messages a day, it could be feasible that you miss someone suitable purely down to a quick scan of messages - therefore to say the FAQS as in no reply means no interest could mean you let a goodie slip through your fingers. As a man we all of course believe we are entirely suitable to whoever we message (joke btw) so could possibly try again without remembering when we last messaged - I travel around with work so can go the the same place say once twice a year - just because you weren't interested in me 6 months ago (due to the above average interest in you at that point) doesn't mean you won't be interested in me now... If you've put up a meet or status that I fit why wouldn't I enquire?

My learned friends I put it to you that relying on FAQS does not mean no more contact for ever... "

yeah you can have a view obviously, and i'm sure we are missing out on some good guys, but if we are finding what we want while missing out on those guys it doesn't really matter coz we're getting what we want.

most men only want sexual stuff anyway, i don't feel i'm missing out at all by not noticing them.

My learned friends I put it to you that relying on FAQS does not mean no more contact for ever... "

I read all messages I receive, otherwise how would I know who to respond to or not?

Sidmouth

My learned friends I put it to you that relying on FAQS does not mean no more contact for ever...

I read all messages I receive, otherwise how would I know who to respond to or not? "

FairPlay to you then but I'd say not every female is like that - physically impossible for some - do you show them as read or leave them showing as unread to the writer?

I guess that's half of it from this side of the fence knowing if a message has even been looked at...

I read all messages I receive, otherwise how would I know who to respond to or not?

FairPlay to you then but I'd say not every female is like that - physically impossible for some - do you show them as read or leave them showing as unread to the writer?

I guess that's half of it from this side of the fence knowing if a message has even been looked at... "

There seems to be a lot of angst created by knowing what the recipient of a message has done with that message. I personally delete all my sent mail as soon as I've sent it, I'll either get a reply or I won't. I never give it a second thought after its been sent.

Sidmouth

yeah you can have a view obviously, and i'm sure we are missing out on some good guys, but if we are finding what we want while missing out on those guys it doesn't really matter coz we're getting what we want.

most men only want sexual stuff anyway, i don't feel i'm missing out at all by not noticing them."

Obviously it's a sex site so I hope they do want sex however your comment "we're getting what we want" is the issue for the men - most of us aren't getting what we want hence not taking no response as a no but as a maybe another day I'll be top of the pile... sometimes it really is just about timing and writing your message so it arrives at the opportune moment...

Sidmouth

I guess that's half of it from this side of the fence knowing if a message has even been looked at...

There seems to be a lot of angst created by knowing what the recipient of a message has done with that message. I personally delete all my sent mail as soon as I've sent it, I'll either get a reply or I won't. I never give it a second thought after its been sent. "

Good idea except on the odd occasion I get a reply how am I supposed to remember what I said!!

There seems to be a lot of angst created by knowing what the recipient of a message has done with that message. I personally delete all my sent mail as soon as I've sent it, I'll either get a reply or I won't. I never give it a second thought after its been sent.

Good idea except on the odd occasion I get a reply how am I supposed to remember what I said!! "

Shell out a fiver and become a site supporter, it shows the entire conversation.

I guess that's half of it from this side of the fence knowing if a message has even been looked at... "

physically impossible for some as they just CBA lol, that's why they have so many in their inbox, its just an accumulation of unread messages from when they joined 6 years ago...or the other scenario is they joined 3 weeks ago, and were inundated by everyone as they weren't aware of how to set their filters

physically impossible for some as they just CBA lol, that's why they have so many in their inbox, its just an accumulation of unread messages from when they joined 6 years ago...or the other scenario is they joined 3 weeks ago, and were inundated by everyone as they weren't aware of how to set their filters

"

not every woman gets 100s of messages a day, some are lucky to get one, regardless of what they tell you

Sidmouth

not every woman gets 100s of messages a day, some are lucky to get one, regardless of what they tell you"

Give me her name and I'll make it two

Sidmouth

Good idea except on the odd occasion I get a reply how am I supposed to remember what I said!!

Shell out a fiver and become a site supporter, it shows the entire conversation."

Unfortunately not something I could get away with very easily...

Shell out a fiver and become a site supporter, it shows the entire conversation.

Unfortunately not something I could get away with very easily... "

Maybe that's the reason you don't get many replies?

Sidmouth

Unfortunately not something I could get away with very easily...

Maybe that's the reason you don't get many replies? "

Partially no doubt - that and being the wrong side of 50 I do ok though I'm simply putting an alternative view point that's what the forums are about right? Be a dead forum post if it wasn't discussed wouldn't it

By *imetoexplore69Couple  over a year ago

Aberdeen

A good looking lady like you must get hundreds of messages a day, it could be feasible that you miss someone suitable purely down to a quick scan of messages - therefore to say the FAQS as in no reply means no interest coukd mean you let a goodie slip through your fingers. As a man we all of course believe we are entirely suitable to whoever we message (joke btw) so could possibly try again without remembering when we last messaged - I travel around with work so can go the the same place say once twice a year - just because you weren't interested in me 6 months ago (due to the above average interest in you at that point) doesn't mean you won't be interested in me now... If you've put up a meet or status that I fit why wouldn't I enquire?

most men only want sexual stuff anyway, i don't feel i'm missing out at all by not noticing them.

Obviously it's a sex site so I hope they do want sex however your comment "we're getting what we want" is the issue for the men - most of us aren't getting what we want hence not taking no response as a no but as a maybe another day I'll be top of the pile... sometimes it really is just about timing and writing your message so it arrives at the opportune moment... "

» Add a new message to this topic