FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Fabswingers.com site feedback > Abusive msgs on TV threads

Abusive msgs on TV threads

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *loria James OP   TV/TS  over a year ago

Durham

Can the moderators explain to me why you allow this to continue.

Reply privately (thread closed by moderator)

By *obyn GravesTV/TS  over a year ago

1127 walnut avenue

probably.. because the posters end up making themselves look fools.. so they feel better to just let it run..

By *ELLONS AND CREAMWoman  over a year ago

stourbridge area

Everyone gets abusive messages ... just delete and block .... simples ....

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I wasnt aware that mods didnt act on instances of abusive text, its a criminal offence. . And yet ive been banned from this site for saying in text im a prostitute. Tell me someone this is in fact not true.

By *exypotWoman  over a year ago

cosham

I don't think they were abusive, they just were a differing opinion to some

Okay phew! For a minute my heart sank, lots of tumes ive read, posts expressing irritation at the behaviour of trans members like me towards straight couples or members , ive even been guilty of such misbegotten actions , but realised my mistake and apologised immediately. But differing opinions and honest diversity and its debate is to be encouraged and applauded , , when it becomes personal insulting or veering off towards prejudice , it has to be checked though .

"Everyone gets abusive messages ... just delete and block .... simples .... "

Gloria is asking about abusive messages,posted on threads,not delete and block private messages

It was distinctively trans bashing at its most virulent masquerading as "honest opinion".

In such situations the advice I follow is this. "Never wrestle with a pig, you get dirty and the pig enjoys it".

"Can the moderators explain to me why you allow this to continue.

"

If members sincerely believe and hold the view that we are Men in Frocks engaged in homosexual activities we ought to respect their right to have opinions and to express them....

When we get offended and angry at mainstream society holding such views then we, not them have the problem..

We cannot, must not suppress others rights to hold such opinions, nor should we seek to use penalties or force to get them to accept our views.....

When others hold different opinions to us, its often the case that they have no hatred or amnosity towards us, they simply just have a different slant or outlook to what we have, to get angry or offended reveals that we not them have a bad attitude and are intolerant

The thread opened with a loaded question that clearly revealed prejudice. The thread continued with prejudiced contributions. Prejudice honestly held or not is to be condemned without apology and directly. Should honestly held antisemitism not be unchallenged? If someone honestly believes witches should be rooted out and burnt at the stake? Or in today's world, people of a different religion should be beheaded? Here is nice easy one women who sleep around are slags and deserve what they get.

Prejudiced behaviour and language should be challenged whether mainstream or not.

Has any one seen the mod about today since they are volunteers it is Christmas day.

Maybe some of it will be removed when they catch up.

Few of todays thread have been pulled in the last 1/2 hour or so including the one your referring too

By *rinking-in-laCouple  over a year ago

Bristol

"The thread opened with a loaded question that clearly revealed prejudice. The thread continued with prejudiced contributions. Prejudice honestly held or not is to be condemned without apology and directly. Should honestly held antisemitism not be unchallenged? If someone honestly believes witches should be rooted out and burnt at the stake? Or in today's world, people of a different religion should be beheaded? Here is nice easy one women who sleep around are slags and deserve what they get.

Prejudiced behaviour and language should be challenged whether mainstream or not. "

Correct. It should be challenged.

Not blocked, deleted, censored or hidden.

When we lose sight of prejudice, it doesn't go away. We lose sight of it. That is all.

That is much more dangerous.

We are all victims of prejudice of one way or an other and some worse than others. But trust me, it is better in plain sight where you can see it and avoid it.

When you suppress it, it builds and bubbles under and eventually explodes forth in something utterly horrible.

Let's not kid ourselves that silence means we have cured the problem.

Let the wankers speak. Then laugh at them and show them to be fools.

By *ugby 123Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

"Has any one seen the mod about today since they are volunteers it is Christmas day.

Maybe some of it will be removed when they catch up."

Like us they were probably not logged in and doing Christmasy things instead

To the OP...mods are not online at all times. Report any posts that you think break forum/site rules