FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Fabswingers.com site feedback > A no thank you stanard reply

A no thank you stanard reply

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *antsguy007 OP   Man  over a year ago

Whiteley

Might be nice to have the option (more for Ladies and Couples) of being able to write a standard rejection message and store it so they can send it in reply if they aren't interested. Have a button for "reply wih rejection" - saves writing lots of "no thank you's" or not replying?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Been discussed many times, I like the added option with that of it appearing when you look at on the profile so you don't have to block everyone but they can see they've been rejected before so not message again.

By *he devil wears pradaWoman  over a year ago

gosport ish

"Might be nice to have the option (more for Ladies and Couples) of being able to write a standard rejection message and store it so they can send it in reply if they aren't interested. Have a button for "reply wih rejection" - saves writing lots of "no thank you's" or not replying?"
females and couples don't have to write no thanks messages, no reply equates to no thanks it's on the sites FAQ's

"Been discussed many times, I like the added option with that of it appearing when you look at on the profile so you don't have to block everyone but they can see they've been rejected before so not message again."

Fantastic idea!

I don't know about the guys as a woman I'm sick of seeing that being quoted there has to be better solution

"Might be nice to have the option (more for Ladies and Couples) of being able to write a standard rejection message and store it so they can send it in reply if they aren't interested. Have a button for "reply wih rejection" - saves writing lots of "no thank you's" or not replying? females and couples don't have to write no thanks messages, no reply equates to no thanks it's on the sites FAQ's "
who gives a shite about the FAQ's it's just polite to answer

Whiteley

Exactly and it is a polite way of indicating no interest unequivocally whilst being clear.

I keep seeing people complain about receiving multiple mails so this may help?

"Might be nice to have the option (more for Ladies and Couples) of being able to write a standard rejection message and store it so they can send it in reply if they aren't interested. Have a button for "reply wih rejection" - saves writing lots of "no thank you's" or not replying? females and couples don't have to write no thanks messages, no reply equates to no thanks it's on the sites FAQ's who gives a shite about the FAQ's it's just polite to answer "

Whilst I agree with you in basic, some of the messages don't deserve a response, but you'd have to see what other's send.

I often send no thanks to get abuse back it kind of puts you off.

To be perfectly fair, what difference will it make?

Would actually being told 'no thanks' make you feel any better?

Think about the bandwidth and server space such a facility would take up, and who's going to pay for it?

Once again, this is something that is covered in the site FAQ's. It is therefore something that site admin are very aware of.

The subject has been covered to death.

And just because you add a standard reply button, doesn't necessarily follow that everyone will use it - particularly as many have found that if they do 'the polite thing' and reply with a 'no thanks' they get dragged into a round of questions - even been there myself.

gosport ish

"Might be nice to have the option (more for Ladies and Couples) of being able to write a standard rejection message and store it so they can send it in reply if they aren't interested. Have a button for "reply wih rejection" - saves writing lots of "no thank you's" or not replying? females and couples don't have to write no thanks messages, no reply equates to no thanks it's on the sites FAQ's who gives a shite about the FAQ's it's just polite to answer "
they are there for this reason. So you'd be happy with an inbox of rejections then?

Newbies aren't to know it's been done to death and discussion's suggestions have been known to taken into consideration.

Whiteley

"Newbies aren't to know it's been done to death and discussion's suggestions have been known to taken into consideration.

"

Well at least it is a polite discusion.

I know it's not perfect but after taking the time to read a profile (if there is anything to read) and putting thought into a personalised message to then see it has been read but not hear anything back or see it hasn't been deleted does leave you a bit in limbo not sure whether to send a follow up or not. I know it says no reply means no but i have seen other posts where people say they sometimes keep messages as a reminder or for later.

But hey, just an idea and i didn't say it was a guid one!

Perhaps it's my age lol, but I always reply if only to say no thanks.

No reply = No thanks

"Might be nice to have the option (more for Ladies and Couples) of being able to write a standard rejection message and store it so they can send it in reply if they aren't interested. Have a button for "reply wih rejection" - saves writing lots of "no thank you's" or not replying? females and couples don't have to write no thanks messages, no reply equates to no thanks it's on the sites FAQ's who gives a shite about the FAQ's it's just polite to answer they are there for this reason. So you'd be happy with an inbox of rejections then? "
yes

gosport ish

"Might be nice to have the option (more for Ladies and Couples) of being able to write a standard rejection message and store it so they can send it in reply if they aren't interested. Have a button for "reply wih rejection" - saves writing lots of "no thank you's" or not replying? females and couples don't have to write no thanks messages, no reply equates to no thanks it's on the sites FAQ's who gives a shite about the FAQ's it's just polite to answer they are there for this reason. So you'd be happy with an inbox of rejections then? yes"
of course you would

By *dores blackmenWoman  over a year ago

incognito mode ;-)

If men spare a moment to send a message,and wonder why they dont get a reply,could they spare a moment to read a profile first before they send it

Then they wouldn't need a no thanks,because it's always opposite of what we are asking

No thanks box would still end up in a conversation eg why?

Hence no reply is no interest

Even deleting without a reply still gets more mail by some guys

I used to reply to all mail. I've leant just to delete it now without a response to save the start of an unwanted conversation

Whiteley

"Even deleting without a reply still gets more mail by some guys

I used to reply to all mail. I've leant just to delete it now without a response to save the start of an unwanted conversation "

I guess we are all different. Had a couple of polite replies and i have appreciated it. Didnt feel the need to ask why as i know i wont be everyones choice.

And how long after the "no thanks" button is implemented,will guys be moaning about how impersonal it is?

By *osieWoman  over a year ago

Wembley

"Your message has been deleted without a reply; this is the clearest indication that you are of no interest to me"

Whiteley

"And how long after the "no thanks" button is implemented,will guys be moaning about how impersonal it is?

"

Ok ok i retract my idea

Whiteley

""Your message has been deleted without a reply; this is the clearest indication that you are of no interest to me""

Too late i've retracted my idea already!!

Wembley

""Your message has been deleted without a reply; this is the clearest indication that you are of no interest to me"

Too late i've retracted my idea already!! "

Good idea from nomeone new here

But these ideas have been floated before. However, that does not mean that new people here shouldn't ask the same questions. Afterall It is only a thread

Wembley

*someone*

I used to reply to all mail. I've leant just to delete it now without a response to save the start of an unwanted conversation

I guess we are all different. Had a couple of polite replies and i have appreciated it. Didnt feel the need to ask why as i know i wont be everyones choice.

"

You're one of very few that doesn't follow it up then. I'd estimate for every 10 no thanks sent , 9 respond again

Whiteley

You're one of very few that doesn't follow it up then. I'd estimate for every 10 no thanks sent , 9 respond again "

Some people can't deal with rejection and i doubt they are different in real life.

Sorry you had so many idiots though. They spoil it for all.

Whiteley

""Your message has been deleted without a reply; this is the clearest indication that you are of no interest to me"

Too late i've retracted my idea already!!

Good idea from nomeone new here

But these ideas have been floated before. However, that does not mean that new people here shouldn't ask the same questions. Afterall It is only a thread"

Thank you

Lots of guys don't go for the direct asking if you are interested. They have a generic opening line that doesn't warrant a thanks but no reply.

It makes it more difficult to reply with no thanks as then they get a bit arsy and say nothing was on offer

Damed if we do, damned if we don't

"Lots of guys don't go for the direct asking if you are interested. They have a generic opening line that doesn't warrant a thanks but no reply.

It makes it more difficult to reply with no thanks as then they get a bit arsy and say nothing was on offer

Damed if we do, damned if we don't "

"Lots of guys don't go for the direct asking if you are interested. They have a generic opening line that doesn't warrant a thanks but no reply.

Yup. Plus abuse, many times.

Whiteley

Hmmm being a Lady on here seems more difficult than I thought!!

I guess there us no perfect answer - I try and write a personal message if I am messaging someone as when messaging I am offering myself

But I wouldn't message you as your profile clearly states I am under your age limit (umfortunately)

Whiteley

Yup. Plus abuse, many times."

Sorry to hear that but we are not all alike

Sorry to hear that but we are not all alike"

Oh don't worry I know, I've met some absolutely lovely guys on here and had quite a few FWBs over the 14months or so I've been on. For me, a "proper" message will always receive a reply, I just wanted to put it out there the reasons women are put off replying. You can go from curvaceous goddess to fat slag after one polite rejection message! FWIW I think both sexes have to develop a thick skin very quickly on here.xx

"Might be nice to have the option (more for Ladies and Couples) of being able to write a standard rejection message and store it so they can send it in reply if they aren't interested. Have a button for "reply wih rejection" - saves writing lots of "no thank you's" or not replying? females and couples don't have to write no thanks messages, no reply equates to no thanks it's on the sites FAQ's who gives a shite about the FAQ's it's just polite to answer

Whilst I agree with you in basic, some of the messages don't deserve a response, but you'd have to see what other's send.

I often send no thanks to get abuse back it kind of puts you off.

"

This ??

Whiteley

Oh don't worry I know, I've met some absolutely lovely guys on here and had quite a few FWBs over the 14months or so I've been on. For me, a "proper" message will always receive a reply, I just wanted to put it out there the reasons women are put off replying. You can go from curvaceous goddess to fat slag after one polite rejection message! FWIW I think both sexes have to develop a thick skin very quickly on here.xx"

Yes there are some rather touchy people on here along with some fantasists. At least there is a block button for the idiots!

although i haven't had abuse for it, when i sent no thanks messages it worked well on the day and seemed to be well recieved.

couple of weeks later you start getting the 'i noticed we;ve spoken before' messages. when all i did was message them to say not interested.

By *oonshadowsCouple  over a year ago

Lytham St Annes

Oh don't worry I know, I've met some absolutely lovely guys on here and had quite a few FWBs over the 14months or so I've been on. For me, a "proper" message will always receive a reply, I just wanted to put it out there the reasons women are put off replying. You can go from curvaceous goddess to fat slag after one polite rejection message! FWIW I think both sexes have to develop a thick skin very quickly on here.xx"

All of the above is spot on, especially the random comments - I will reply to well considered messages, and have often gone from goddess to slag by return but also met Mr Moonshadows on here so some guys definitely are great - and truthfully sometimes someone else being an idiot winds us up and we do miss a decent message xx

Lytham St Annes

"although i haven't had abuse for it, when i sent no thanks messages it worked well on the day and seemed to be well recieved.

couple of weeks later you start getting the 'i noticed we;ve spoken before' messages. when all i did was message them to say not interested."

And this - sometimes as a 'we were arranging a meet' message (we wouldn't have been or a message over a year later!

"although i haven't had abuse for it, when i sent no thanks messages it worked well on the day and seemed to be well recieved.

couple of weeks later you start getting the 'i noticed we;ve spoken before' messages. when all i did was message them to say not interested.

And this - sometimes as a 'we were arranging a meet' message (we wouldn't have been or a message over a year later!"

yeah it was confusing at first because i'd look at the guys page and see we had spoken but no way would i fancy them and i wondered why i'd even talked to them in the first place.

On the rare occasion that I actually receive a 'no thank you' reply, I always respond politely thanking them for taking the time to do so.

Unfortunately, it appears that many others are unable to take rejection quite as well as I do

It's just common decency and manners to do so after all they have took the time to message in the first place

"It's just common decency and manners to do so after all they have took the time to message in the first place"

Read the FAQ. No one is owed a reply and it's your choice if you message or not. Absolutely noting to do with manners at all! The shite messages that I receive, the only reply they deserve is delete and block. Does that make me rude or them cos 'they wanna fuckin destroy me'?

And this - sometimes as a 'we were arranging a meet' message (we wouldn't have been or a message over a year later!

yeah it was confusing at first because i'd look at the guys page and see we had spoken but no way would i fancy them and i wondered why i'd even talked to them in the first place. "

That's were your notes facility are worth the £5. So many trying it on wuth the 'we have spoke' I've got a v good memory but the notes facility tells all.

Wembley

"It's just common decency and manners to do so after all they have took the time to message in the first place"

It is also common decency to read the whole profile and only send a message if meeting ALL their requirements

Otherwise a polite delete is common decency when a "f**k orf, you stupid illiterate idjit" is what I am really thinking

"It's just common decency and manners to do so after all they have took the time to message in the first place

It is also common decency to read the whole profile and only send a message if meeting ALL their requirements

Otherwise a polite delete is common decency when a "f**k orf, you stupid illiterate idjit" is what I am really thinking"

Lytham St Annes

"It's just common decency and manners to do so after all they have took the time to message in the first place

Otherwise a polite delete is common decency when a "f**k orf, you stupid illiterate idjit" is what I am really thinking"

Love this

Also, like Strawberry treat, think the notes function is great - should use it more but forget

While it's nice to be polite and to get replies to messages, demanding a reply because 'it's only polite' is actually very passive aggressive behaviour - seeing comments like that on a profile would put us off completely

Otherwise a polite delete is common decency when a "f**k orf, you stupid illiterate idjit" is what I am really thinking

Love this

Also, like Strawberry treat, think the notes function is great - should use it more but forget

While it's nice to be polite and to get replies to messages, demanding a reply because 'it's only polite' is actually very passive aggressive behaviour - seeing comments like that on a profile would put us off completely"

Absolutely. I think if they're going to be that petulant over a message, I doubt they're adult enough or in the right head space for a meet.

Love this

While it's nice to be polite and to get replies to messages, demanding a reply because 'it's only polite' is actually very passive aggressive behaviour - seeing comments like that on a profile would put us off completely

Absolutely. I think if they're going to be that petulant over a message, I doubt they're adult enough or in the right head space for a meet."

Exactly I tend to find it a useful filter and just block

yeah it was confusing at first because i'd look at the guys page and see we had spoken but no way would i fancy them and i wondered why i'd even talked to them in the first place.

That's were your notes facility are worth the £5. So many trying it on wuth the 'we have spoke' I've got a v good memory but the notes facility tells all."

i knew from looking at their pics that there was no way i'd have said i'd meet them. eventually it clicked that i'd said i wasn't interested, but yeah if i'd noticed the feature i might have used it.

By *rightonsteveMan  over a year ago

Brighton - even Hove!

I do my own standard reply.

» Add a new message to this topic