FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Fabswingers.com site feedback > Mailbox improvements pt2

Mailbox improvements pt2

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *irty130 OP   Couple  over a year ago

Bristol Area

"We're looking at making improvements to the mailbox and messaging.

Please post ideas/feedback in this thread

Thanks all for the feedback so far

We're reviewing this and that received privately. Feel free to use CONTACT link or create a new thread since this is very nearly full

We're committed to making improvements to how mailbox works, this year.

- Admin"

So I created a new thread, since I didn't get a chance to put some votes in yesterday.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

Bristol Area

- Proper threaded inbox. So each conversation only has one entry in the inbox.

- More than one page, to be able to go back further than just "page 1" and losing access to older messages.

- A direct link from profiles to the conversations you had. "you mailed them 7 months ago" should link to any past conversations.

- For event organisers, being able to send messages to multiple accounts at once. (we run a social event - it's getting out of hand having to send 150+ separate messages in one day, at least we've not hit any messaging limits)

By *opsy RogersWoman  over a year ago

London

If nothing else, a threaded inbox.

PLEASE!

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I've always wondered why it wasn't in a thread, so difficult and frustrating keeping in touch.

It will say on their profile ou messaged them a month ago, but for some reason it won't show them? They are still stored in the website database as when you delete a few of the others it will then bring back the older ones that dropped off.

So you have to start a new thread which makes it so difficult to remember who is who

By *harpDressed ManMan  over a year ago

Here occasionally, but mostly somewhere else

Folders -

"from friends",

"replies",

"text length less than 20 characters AND pic is either silhouette OR was categorised xxx when uploaded"

By *harpDressed ManMan  over a year ago

Here occasionally, but mostly somewhere else

"

- More than one page, to be able to go back further than just "page 1" and losing access to older messages.

"

This. Pretty please.

By *ucyfur77Woman  over a year ago

Pleasuretown

"If nothing else, a threaded inbox.

PLEASE!"

Pretty please!

I wish there was a way to keep mail as if someone has not spoken to me since last week I have lost the conversation or am I missing something

"- Proper threaded inbox. So each conversation only has one entry in the inbox.

- A direct link from profiles to the conversations you had. "you mailed them 7 months ago" should link to any past conversations.

- For event organisers, being able to send messages to multiple accounts at once. (we run a social event - it's getting out of hand having to send 150+ separate messages in one day, at least we've not hit any messaging limits)"

you can go back further you just have to delete some of your messages on the first page and older messages fill up the space

By *he Queen of TartsWoman  over a year ago
Forum Mod

My Own Little World

"I wish there was a way to keep mail as if someone has not spoken to me since last week I have lost the conversation or am I missing something "

You mean like the save message button that is already there?

Bristol Area

Admin were specifically asking for things we wanted improving in the inbox. Not "work-arounds" like having to delete 100 individual messages to get to older ones, or having to save every.single.message. just in case we don't speak to someone for 2 months.

A threaded inbox would be great. I have 170 unread messages and some are from multiple messages from people who just think that bombarding me with messages will find one of theirs at the top I might reply faster.

If I save a message it automatically adds it to the Notes section of the profile - that way when I revisit the profile a few months later, I can read the key things that interested me about the person

By *thwalescplCouple  over a year ago

brecon

"- Proper threaded inbox. So each conversation only has one entry in the inbox.

- For event organisers, being able to send messages to multiple accounts at once. (we run a social event - it's getting out of hand having to send 150+ separate messages in one day, at least we've not hit any messaging limits)"

All good suggestions, especially the last one, we help with organising a "not for profit" swinging event, and it would be great to be able to create a list and them mailshot it in one go, maybe link a forum thread to the OP's inbox, with a proviso that they need to be vetted by admin before they cant do mailshots, to stop spamming?

By *aithlessangelCouple  over a year ago

Glasgow

I totally agree with all these, I regularly get my wife complaining how hard it is keeping track of the conversations.

It wouldnt take too much work to re-code, I feel the site dusnt get much improvements anymore.

Definitely an option to add folders.

We could keep the general mail folder for all incoming mail, then move it to the folders we create.

We'd have a folder for friends, folder for those we're planning to meet next etc.

Also the ability to "bulk" mail a group of people. Trying to organise a gang bang and sending individual messages to everyone can be a bit challenging.

M plus E

» Add a new message to this topic