FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Fabswingers.com site feedback > Could we direct new forumites to the FAQ's

Could we direct new forumites to the FAQ's

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Having seen many topics cropping up that are covered by the site FAQ's it is rather apparent that many on this site haven't read them.

To be fair though, the link is rather tucked away out of site at the bottom of the page.

So, as a suggestion, I wondered if it might be a good idea to perhaps automatically display the site FAQ's the first time that a user contributes to the forum.

Or, perhaps, when a user is about to make a post, along with the forum rules (which again it appears a number of people don't read), a list of the FAQ's - perhaps as links to the answers - could be displayed, thereby prompting the user to consider that what they intend to post may already be covered.

I am even wondering if we should have a system in place where threads covered by the FAQ's are automatically closed, but I fully appreciate that this would likely place a huge burden on site admin.

Just some thoughts as I'm sure that many of us forum regulars are growing a little weary of seeing the same questions being asked again and again and again.

Perhaps it's time that the FAQ's were also updated, to include the topics of 'Profile Advice' and 'Why can't I get meets' as these seem to be the most asked questions on the forum.

What does everyone think?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *iewMan  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Angus & Findhorn

Most threads are repeats.

It's usually once posters become established they find the intolerance of others asking for help.

By *ugby 123Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

So you are saying that new users can't post a question because you are weary of questions that have been asked before.

A question, did you read the FAQ's and forum rules before your first post? or even posts since?

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

"So you are saying that new users can't post a question because you are weary of questions that have been asked before.

A question, did you read the FAQ's and forum rules before your first post? or even posts since?"

Ouch!

It was just a suggestion and open for discussion. Was wondering if it might be a good idea in making the FAQ's more prominent that's all

By *uited staffs guyMan  over a year ago

staffordshire

A guide for how to play bareback bingo would be very helpful for most new forum posters

By *he Queen of TartsWoman  over a year ago
Forum Mod

My Own Little World

Only something like 1% of Fab use the forums.

A better idea would be an 'I have read the terms and conditions' button at the bottom of the FAQs page when starting a profile, then there is an outside chance of them being read.....unlikely as I never read T&C but I'm sure some do.

By *inky-MinxWoman  over a year ago

Grantham

People don't read signs, profiles, small print and more. It's just how it is

Forum Mod

O o O oo

"So you are saying that new users can't post a question because you are weary of questions that have been asked before.

A question, did you read the FAQ's and forum rules before your first post? or even posts since?

Ouch!

It was just a suggestion and open for discussion. Was wondering if it might be a good idea in making the FAQ's more prominent that's all"

To be fair mine were questions that was relevant to your suggestion.

By *awandOrderCouple  over a year ago

SW London

Ouch!

It was just a suggestion and open for discussion. Was wondering if it might be a good idea in making the FAQ's more prominent that's all"

I think that no matter how many times a question or thread pops up, if it's of interest, then there are interesting answers. How many times do the kiss, fuck avoid type threads come up? They are obvious repeats, but I just avoid them. To be honest, I avoid most now .... some posters are really off putting ....

By *ELLONS AND CREAMWoman  over a year ago

stourbridge area

Threads are repeated ... but if someone hasnt been on for a few days .... weeks .....its new to them ...

I just go with the flow ... theres too many rules in life .... so lets just not worry about a thread being repeated ..

By *irty130Couple  over a year ago

Bristol Area

Would also be helpful for the FAQs to be right - no-one seems to know if the answer about single guys getting verified by cam is correct or not:

"How do I get verified by other members? -You need to find someone who is already verified and ask them to verify you. If you are a couple or a woman then you can get verified by webcam. An easy way to do this is to go into the chatroom while you are both there, switch your webcam on and ask someone to verify you. If you are a single guy then you need to meet someone."

But it seems that guys CAN get verified by cam.

If the FAQ is not correct, how many other things in the FAQ are not correct? And then it leads to us not believing the FAQ at all - and that leads to more forum threads.

If it IS correct, how come verifying by cam apparently works? This leads to distrust of the verification system.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I think I know what you're saying - neither the FAQs or forum rules are particularly prominent.

Forum Mod

O o O oo

So as before, did anyone actually read them when you found them?

I know I didn't.

"So as before, did anyone actually read them when you found them?

I know I didn't. "

I read the FAQs when I first joined and I read all the forum rules after my first ban (never too late, eh?).

But then, I'm one of those losers who reads terms and conditions, too.

By *he Queen of TartsWoman  over a year ago
Forum Mod

My Own Little World

I know I didn't. "

Once I found them I did

I pressed every button/link but 1 on here, that was the delete profile button.

Forum Mod

O o O oo

Blimey, just me then. It sort of proves one thing though, if people want to read the FAQ'a they manage to find them.

By *ohohoWoman  over a year ago

Up North

I know I didn't. "

Nope not read them.

I think it's a great idea OP. But not sure it will make a huge amount of difference. I do use the search bar before posting a new topic but it's a shame most people don't judging by the amount of repeated posts on same topic.

» Add a new message to this topic