FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Fabswingers.com site feedback > can asking for a link to another website get u a forum ban?

can asking for a link to another website get u a forum ban?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

I am recently off a forum ban for something I know I didn't do 100% unless it was a genuine mistake on my part. I did however ask for a link to another site on the same day is that the real reason I got a ban? Just not after making same mistake again or was it just a case of mistaken identity?

Reply privately (thread closed by moderator)

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"I am recently off a forum ban for something I know I didn't do 100% unless it was a genuine mistake on my part. I did however ask for a link to another site on the same day is that the real reason I got a ban? Just not after making same mistake again or was it just a case of mistaken identity? "

You are not allowed to discuss bans on the forum so you may get a ban for asking this.

"I am recently off a forum ban for something I know I didn't do 100% unless it was a genuine mistake on my part. I did however ask for a link to another site on the same day is that the real reason I got a ban? Just not after making same mistake again or was it just a case of mistaken identity?

You are not allowed to discuss bans on the forum so you may get a ban for asking this."

Oh bloody hell my bad just trying to understand what I did I did message site moderators to get an answer but not heard back oh well guess I'll never know what happened cheers anyway but looks like another ban coming my way at least I'll know what did this time lol

By *ugby 123Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

Full forum rules.

Forum Rules

In summary: If you treat other people with respect, you can't go far wrong. Don't forget that the forums are meant to be fun, if you find yourself fuming and writing long angry messages you're probably best taking a break from it.

How we moderate

We don't want the forum to be over-moderated, so we'll only remove threads where absolutely necessary if we believe it to be in the best interests of the site or where we're legally obliged to. When threads are closed the mods will add a note explaining why.

Threads we remove

Threads containing racism, threats, nasty stuff like that will be removed and the posters banned or given timeouts. We also don't want discussions of serious illegal subjects like rape, child abuse, illegal drugs because inevitably someone will post about their own crimes / experiences of crimes and we can get hauled up in court to provide evidence. We do this for fun and we don't want the hassle, sorry.

Name and shame

Please don't name and shame other users. There's no way for us to police this so if you have a problem with another user, please REPORT them privately to Admin (via the report link on the profile), and block them. Admin will review, resolve.

Don't be nasty

Abuse against other site users, mods or admin isn't tolerated.

Don't be personal

Personal attacks against other site users aren't allowed, even if you don't name them. If you've got a problem with someone on the site, block them. If you've got a problem with what someone writes on the forum just skip over their messages or report to admin if you think they need to take action.

Disputing admin or moderator decisions

The mods and site admin are all volunteers who try and keep the site safe. If you think they've made a specific mistake (and we accept that mistakes or mis-judgements do happen), the forum isn't the place to discuss it. Please contact Admin directly and we'll review and make right. If you have general feedback on site moderation or administration, you can post it to the site feedback forum but please ensure it's constructive criticism not personal critisim.

18+ only

Any discussion of sex relating to under 18s isn't allowed and will be removed.

Dirty laundry

The forums aren't for airing your dirty laundry in public. If you've got a problem with another site user, please block them and/or report to admin via the report link on their profile.

Links to other sites

We have restrictions on where you can link to because otherwise people end up posting spam or links to places that host malware/spyware and it's bad for our users.

You can link to:

Any well recognised news site (bbc, times, telegraph, sun, notw, cnn and all the rest)

Youtube

Lovehoney

Wikipedia

No nit-picking please

Unless someone specifically asks for their profile to be critiqued or if it's relevant to the thread e.g. someone is wondering why they're not having success, please don't critique their profile or be mean about it. We want the forum to be open and friendly to newbies and everyone starts somewhere.

No phone numbers, addresses, personal details

Please don't post any phone numbers, addresses or personal details of someone on or off the site. In the past people have posted other people's phone numbers as a joke/harassment so it's strictly off limits now.

Private mail should stay private

Please don't post private mail to the forums no matter how idiotic/funny it may be. It is strictly against site rules.

Commercial services

Most commercial postings are NOT ok. Some that are specifically related to swinging such as swingers club nights might be, so long as it's not annoying site users. Discretion is applied.

Deliberate or malicious disruption of the forum

If you deliberately or maliciously try to interrupt everyone else's enjoyment of the forums, for example by trying to fill up the forum with your own content (just one example), it's not fair and we'll take action.

Locations

Please don't post exact locations of dogging sites or socials in the forum. You can ask people to mail you privately for more information.

Forum timeouts

If you've broken forum rules or we consider it in the interests of the community, we may issue you a timeout on participation. You'll get a message explaining what you did wrong and how long the timeout lasts. It expires automatically. Please don't use any other accounts to try and get around timeouts because they will banned.

Spot any problems? If you see rule breaking on the forums or if you've posted a thread that you'd like to be removed for any reason, please use the report link underneath the forum post.

Forum Mod

O o O oo

New Forum Post

Please note the forum rules before posting:

Don't badmouth other members or "name and shame":

Details

Don't post phone numbers

Do not use the forum to try and contact people who have BLOCKED you

Don't promote commercial services or websites:

By *teveanddebsCouple  over a year ago

Norwich

"You'll get a message explaining what you did wrong and how long the timeout lasts."

This is the bit that seems to cause people problems.

" You are not allowed to discuss bans on the forum so you may get a ban for asking this."

Sorry, pmsl, now that would be really funny if you ended up with a ban for asking why you got a ban ...

""You'll get a message explaining what you did wrong and how long the timeout lasts."

This is the bit that seems to cause people problems."

The messages are always so vague and generic.

I never know what I've done wrong. I think if it was clearer id be more likely to learn my lesson ha

""You'll get a message explaining what you did wrong and how long the timeout lasts."

This is the bit that seems to cause people problems."

The message I received made no sense cause am a hundred percent sure I didn't do what was claimed in the message. I message the appropriate person (moderators and site owner) but still not heard anything.

Forum Mod

O o O oo

The mail gives you a reason of why but as it is an automatic mail when a mod picks a ban reason then the post itself won't be copied into it.

The best thing to do is look at the reason the mail is giving you which are normally a clear reason and then if you still can't think what it is you were banned for, go through your posts and figure out which one is missing.

If you ask Admin to review a ban for you, if you don't hear anything from them then you can assume they think the ban was the right ban. If they think it is a mistake or the mod just got it totally wrong they will be in touch with you and overturn the ban.