FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Fabswingers.com site feedback > Copy and paste messages

Copy and paste messages

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *j_mark OP   Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Totteridge/Whetstone

How do you feel about getting copy and pase messages? We have technology now that can detect these messages and potentially block them.

We're currently considering how best to use this (if at all).

One example might be to give you an option (via http://www.fabswingers.com/my/filters) to block copy+paste messages to your account, so if someone was sending the same message to a bunch of people, you simply wouldn't receive it.

Alternatively we could come up with a mechanism to make copy+pastes much harder for the sender to do to discourage them across the site.

Views welcome.

Admin x

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago
Forum Mod

I don't think anyone likes them

I was going to say that not everyone uses the filters or knows how to use them so if you have the means to make it difficult to send a copy and paste message in the first place it would be great

But for those that host parties and send out invites,it would be a pain to have to write each invitation individually everytime they have a party

Maybe the filters is a better idea

By *ilandlarryCouple  over a year ago

more north lincs than mids!

"How do you feel about getting copy and pase messages? We have technology now that can detect these messages and potentially block them.

One example might be to give you an option (via http://www.fabswingers.com/my/filters) to block copy+paste messages to your account, so if someone was sending the same message to a bunch of people, you simply wouldn't receive it.

Alternatively we could come up with a mechanism to make copy+pastes much harder for the sender to do to discourage them across the site.

Views welcome.

Admin x"

As someone who organises social meets then I sometimes have to copy and paste the same message over to a number of people depending on how many are attending.

I guess that the "usual" copy and paste messages are through lack of thought etc but it is used genuinely by those setting up social events

I hate copy and paste messages but an filter would be nice so we can choose to turn ot off or not will be our choice.

By *ugby 123Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

They don't bother me, a mail is a mail and I can't blame single men for copy and pasting as a lot don't get a reply.

We do answer every mail, with a copy and paste message if we are saying no thanks so if you do the second option I am in trouble

Basically a C&P message is not actually a bad thing, as it can time save for a lot of people.

the type of thing like

"Hi, we're (insert names) - we liked the look of your profile and have read it, and wondered if your interested in meeting up some time (no pressure, relaxed meet) to see how we get on.

If you interested or would like to chat further please mail us back."

I would much prefer a system where you can select a "no thanks" without the need to type it reply where they can't message you back with abuse or sarky comments.

so maybe a auto "no thanks and block"

I agree copy and paste is great for organising socials and parties...... Been asking for an auto no thanks button for ages

By *-and-KCouple  over a year ago

Back of Beyond

What about those of us who prefer to type in something like Word and then copy the message over? It wouldn't help in this respect, just make it harder for those of us who type long messages

By *j_mark OP   Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Totteridge/Whetstone

"What about those of us who prefer to type in something like Word and then copy the message over? It wouldn't help in this respect, just make it harder for those of us who type long messages "

It wouldn't stop that, this is people who copy+paste the very same message to multiple recipients

Admin x

Would much rather have the "no thanks" auto message mentioned in a post above but as that's not what this thread is about....

Yeah, some copy+paste messages are rubbish, and they get ditched pretty quick. But really, if you do send messages to introduce yourself to more than one person, do you find yourself repeating yourself? Do you include some of the same information about yourselves? Mention the same likes/dislikes?

We do write individual mails to people, and we try to make sure that we have read their profile and that we address them in a way that will speak to their interests, but in the end, sometimes it does feel a waste when we don't even get a no thanks in return and we can easily see why a well written c+p message would be beneficial, even if it was just a basic template that we then tweaked to be relevant to the recipient - how would your tech react to that if it was say 70% the same, or 50% the same?

The filter might be a better idea, although I would suggest that rather than not receive them at all, they are dropped into a folder, just in case they are of interest, or better still might simply be a warning in the message header showing that this be a copied and pasted message, which people could then either ignore or act on.

By *opeye-OliveCouple  over a year ago

worcester

"How do you feel about getting copy and pase messages? We have technology now that can detect these messages and potentially block them.

Views welcome.

Admin x"

Don't know if this is a good or bad thing, but we have a standard message we send to people who message us, when we're not interested. Would this be caught by a filter?

How do you feel about getting copy and pase messages?

sends admin a t for the pase lol sorry i miss nowt i got eyes like a hawk

By *arrenPeaceMan  over a year ago

Ayr

A lot of info might be repeated if sending a 1st e mail, after all certain badic personal info will remain the same every time...in fact I think it was Fabio on here who suggested including a C& P section of personal detaisl BUT then personalise it.After all 90% of single male emails get deleted so it is very onerous to have to repeatedly type that same info over & over.

So what & of an e mail is counted as C&P? Will 1 word exclude it, 1 paragraph? How maNY times will it need to be sent in a certain time to get counted?

What about sending a general update e mail to your friends, or organising parties?

I know single blokes need to put some effort into things but surely this prejudices them even more-after all most women here claim to be able to sniff out a C&P job at 100 yards, and it only tales a second to click "delete"

By *umpkinMan  over a year ago

near the sounds of the wimborne quarter jack!

"

As someone who organises social meets then I sometimes have to copy and paste the same message over to a number of people depending on how many are attending.

I guess that the "usual" copy and paste messages are through lack of thought etc but it is used genuinely by those setting up social events "

I know exactly what you`re talking about. However, I suppose that people wanting to go to your social could follow your event thread and switch off their filter when you announce that you`re going to mail them final intructions etc.

By *iddytoxcplCouple  over a year ago

Stoke/Uttoxeter

On face value sounds like a good idea. But would it hamper guinuine messages. For example on my singles profile and sometimes on this profile we will send a message. There is often a section of the message copy and pasted, which contains all our meet requirements. There is ALWAYS personal content in the messages we send, so how would the filters deal with our messages.

By *harpDressed ManMan  over a year ago

Here occasionally, but mostly somewhere else

Interesting that the calls for prevention of c+p were going on for so long, and now that it's available, lots of very sensible reasons why it shouldn't be implemented!

why block copy and pasted messages? I know some sites where you can store "drafts" of emails you send which is to save folk time so for some sending a copy n pasted message may just be a draft they have stored that they use as a template.

Also there is such a variety of copy and paste, will it just cover ones that have no modifications?

Seems a very grey area. But that's just my opinion

By *abioMan  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

I think.... that copy and paste isn't the worst thing in the world.... all that would end up happening probably is that people would then revert to sending a bunch more winks....

if you are going to ban c+p... then you would also have to ban winks....

dangerous ground...

or may give people the same choice for an auto wink responder and do the same thing for c+p.... an auto responder....

but as others have said.... it makes organising any social even a million times harder to organise

By *ustpartyCouple  over a year ago

Blackwater

In our area 90% of couples don't reply. It's just that sort of area. Although we don't use C+P we can definately see the attractions.

P.S. In Manchester we had a 100% reply rate. We are really in a bad bad area.

"They don't bother me, a mail is a mail and I can't blame single men for copy and pasting as a lot don't get a reply.

We do answer every mail, with a copy and paste message if we are saying no thanks so if you do the second option I am in trouble "

+ 1

» Add a new message to this topic