FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Fabswingers.com site feedback > Blocking applying to forums

Blocking applying to forums

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ungdublinguy OP   Man  over a year ago

Dublin/Leitrim

I can block people by it seems pointless when they can commenting threads I create and reply to my comments.

Blocking a person should be site wide and include the forums.

Reply privately (thread closed by moderator)

Dublin/Leitrim

[Removed by poster at 14/03/17 15:19:24]

By *ugby 123Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

Airing dirty washing or talking about a ban you don't think you should have are both against forum rules

Dublin/Leitrim

"Airing dirty washing or talking about a ban you don't think you should have are both against forum rules "

The forum rules seem designed to protect bullies and encourage trolls knowing there is little to no consequence.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

If you've blocked someone and they know you have then they shouldn't be responding to you messages. If they do, politely state they have been blocked and are not (as per fab rules) supposed to reply using the forum. Report them if they persist.

"Airing dirty washing or talking about a ban you don't think you should have are both against forum rules

The forum rules seem designed to protect bullies and encourage trolls knowing there is little to no consequence."

It does seem like that at times and you also can find yourself on the naughty step by reporting others which does seem unfair too. However there is little recourse as only generic reasons are given for the said offense which often.leaves the offended still in the dark as to the actual offense.

By *picyminxWoman  over a year ago

Huntingdon

[Removed by poster at 14/03/17 18:23:10]

By *picyminxWoman  over a year ago

Huntingdon

"I can block people by it seems pointless when they can commenting threads I create and reply to my comments.

Blocking a person should be site wide and include the forums."

Just report them for using the forum to get round the block.

By *ichael McCarthyMan  over a year ago

Lucan

"If you've blocked someone and they know you have then they shouldn't be responding to you messages. If they do, politely state they have been blocked and are not (as per fab rules) supposed to reply using the forum. Report them if they persist."

That's not correct. Anyone is entitled to respond to any post on the forum. Otherwise I could slander you day and night and you couldn't even contradict me.

Lucan

"I can block people by it seems pointless when they can commenting threads I create and reply to my comments.

Blocking a person should be site wide and include the forums."

It's a public forum, not a private one. If you want a private discussion can't you do that by pm?

Some Trans are notorious for this kind of Trollery, they block you then whenever you make a comment they feel they can safely attack, they quote it and reply to it with abuse,,

Since they have blocked you you cannot respond to protect ones character...

By *he Queen of TartsWoman  over a year ago
Forum Mod

My Own Little World

As far as I'm aware I can post on a thread created by someone who has blocked me, even quote them. But what I can't do is use the forum to ask them to mail me, remove their block or ask for a meet etc. If I did then they can report me, and rightly so.

Lucan

"As far as I'm aware I can post on a thread created by someone who has blocked me, even quote them. But what I can't do is use the forum to ask them to mail me, remove their block or ask for a meet etc. If I did then they can report me, and rightly so."

That's my understanding of it as well.

Does this mean I can respond on forums to those that have blocked me and have quoted my comments and replied with abuse

By *rinking-in-laCouple  over a year ago

Bristol

"Does this mean I can respond on forums to those that have blocked me and have quoted my comments and replied with abuse"

Yes but you would be well advised not to.

They may talk shite but starting an argument with then makes you both look bad.

You may think you are defending your character but in actual fact you are defaming it even more by responding.

There is dignity is silence when someone is being a dick to you.

Forum Mod

O o O oo

"Airing dirty washing or talking about a ban you don't think you should have are both against forum rules

The forum rules seem designed to protect bullies and encourage trolls knowing there is little to no consequence."

They don't

Forum Mod

O o O oo

"If you've blocked someone and they know you have then they shouldn't be responding to you messages."

That isn't against forum rules

Forum Mod

O o O oo

To clarify...you can only be banned from the forum for something you actually type. If you think a mod has it wrong you can ask Admin to review...if you don't hear anything back then Admin think it was the right ban.

To anyone who thinks they have seen abuse and a mod has missed it...report the post and it will be dealt with that way.