FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Fabswingers.com site feedback > Hotlist indicator

Hotlist indicator

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Think it would be really helpful and useful if you could see who has put you on their hotlist.

Anyone thought this would be useful to cut down on the number of time wasters and false profiles

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *he Queen of TartsWoman  over a year ago
Forum Mod

My Own Little World

But not everyone uses the hotlist as a 'hot' list. I call mine the twat list.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

You still deserve the right to see who's added you I think.

You get notified on dating sites when someones added you to their favourites etc. Don't see why it can't be the same here.

By *unniebee1970Woman  over a year ago

The Hive

I would like to know when my "friends" post in a forum...Can you do that???

By *lighty1Woman  over a year ago

You Dont Need to Know, right now

"Think it would be really helpful and useful if you could see who has put you on their hotlist.

"

If this ever happened, I would just stop using the hotlist facility. I use the hotlist as a 'not list'.

Unless fab wants to set up a new list for us.... so we have hotlist, not list and friends list. Then we would have forum posts saying 'wouldn't it be helpful to know who has you on their not-list, to save wasting time on them' .... and more abusive messages "how dare you put me on your not list" etc etc.

And why would you think that your idea would cut down on the number of timewasaters and false profiles, anyway? Just because someone has hotlisted you, doesn't mean they're not a timewaster or a false profile. The timewasters and false profiles have the ability to hotlist people, too.

By *aptain RedbeardMan  over a year ago

Right here, right now!

I think that if you both have each other on the Hotlist, you should get a notification - a gay friend says that is a function on Fab's gay site, so shouldn't be hard to do...

Thoughts on this?

By *eneral HysteriaMan  over a year ago

Newcastle

"I think that if you both have each other on the Hotlist, you should get a notification - a gay friend says that is a function on Fab's gay site, so shouldn't be hard to do...

Thoughts on this?"

Sounds canny

By *londieddWoman  over a year ago

fife

"I think that if you both have each other on the Hotlist, you should get a notification - a gay friend says that is a function on Fab's gay site, so shouldn't be hard to do...

Thoughts on this?"

haha a gay friend!!!

Can you imagine how many notifications some people could get ?

In my opinion there's no need for notification, it would be useless and Let's be honest, that notification would be more of an ego boost than something else.

Right here, right now!

"

haha a gay friend!!!"

I think most people have at least one gay friend, don't they? I'm not worried about him trying to seduce me, he knows I'm straight.

"

haha a gay friend!!!

I think most people have at least one gay friend, don't they? I'm not worried about him trying to seduce me, he knows I'm straight."

Just because he's gay doesn't mean he fancies you

Right here, right now!

"

haha a gay friend!!!

I think most people have at least one gay friend, don't they? I'm not worried about him trying to seduce me, he knows I'm straight.

Just because he's gay doesn't mean he fancies you "

Exactly!

I like the hotlist facility just the way it is ,thankyou very much.

By *cottishsexgoddessWoman  over a year ago

Glenrothes

"I like the hotlist facility just the way it is ,thankyou very much."

Me too. I don't want people to know if they're on my hotlist as said above.

"Think it would be really helpful and useful if you could see who has put you on their hotlist.

If this ever happened, I would just stop using the hotlist facility. I use the hotlist as a 'not list'.

Unless fab wants to set up a new list for us.... so we have hotlist, not list and friends list. Then we would have forum posts saying 'wouldn't it be helpful to know who has you on their not-list, to save wasting time on them' .... and more abusive messages "how dare you put me on your not list" etc etc.

And why would you think that your idea would cut down on the number of timewasaters and false profiles, anyway? Just because someone has hotlisted you, doesn't mean they're not a timewaster or a false profile. The timewasters and false profiles have the ability to hotlist people, too."

Isn't the block list the not list

By *lighty1Woman  over a year ago

You Dont Need to Know, right now

"

Isn't the block list the not list"

No. I block the people who really piss me off. But to me, there are degrees of 'not'. There are people who I would never have sex with, but I'm happy to chat with. I don't want to block these people, as it's a 'sledgehammer to crack a nut', and it's rude if we later bump into each other at a social. I just use the hotlist to remind myself that I have considered them, and definitely don't want to have sex with them, with the reasons in my private notes.

It's just like there are degrees of 'friends'. There are friends I have had sex with, friends I want to have sex with, and friends who I don't want to have sex with. Some people will use their friends list and hotlist to differentiate between these groups.

We really don't need any more 'lists', we can all just use the two lists we've got, in the way that suits us best. But assuming that everyone on a hotlist is 'hot' and making this information available to them would be a backwards step. And it would reduce me to having only 1 list, as I'm not prepared to have my lists made public.

"

No. I block the people who really piss me off. But to me, there are degrees of 'not'. There are people who I would never have sex with, but I'm happy to chat with. I don't want to block these people, as it's a 'sledgehammer to crack a nut', and it's rude if we later bump into each other at a social. I just use the hotlist to remind myself that I have considered them, and definitely don't want to have sex with them, with the reasons in my private notes.

It's just like there are degrees of 'friends'. There are friends I have had sex with, friends I want to have sex with, and friends who I don't want to have sex with. Some people will use their friends list and hotlist to differentiate between these groups.

We really don't need any more 'lists', we can all just use the two lists we've got, in the way that suits us best. But assuming that everyone on a hotlist is 'hot' and making this information available to them would be a backwards step. And it would reduce me to having only 1 list, as I'm not prepared to have my lists made public. "

Ah makes sense now

By *he Queen of TartsWoman  over a year ago
Forum Mod

My Own Little World

"

We really don't need any more 'lists', we can all just use the two lists we've got, in the way that suits us best. But assuming that everyone on a hotlist is 'hot' and making this information available to them would be a backwards step. And it would reduce me to having only 1 list, as I'm not prepared to have my lists made public. "

This, plus

If I block them I can't keep an eye on them, I can't see if they are going to the same club/party that I plan to go to that night. If I know where they plan to be, I can be elsewhere.

Maybe a maybe list or a not list could be added.

By *retty womanWoman  over a year ago

Near Bournemouth

"But not everyone uses the hotlist as a 'hot' list. I call mine the twat list."

I'm not the only one then.

By *heaspieswingerMan  over a year ago

Peak District

"But not everyone uses the hotlist as a 'hot' list. I call mine the twat list."

Perhaps fab could implement a twat list?

Or, hotlists for each category of member I.e. One for single men, or for single women etc. We use the hotlist facility, and it'd be great to sort/filter by what we're currently looking for.

The same applies to winks come to think of it. And lots of other things on this site would benefit from a simple filter function.

By *heaspieswingerMan  over a year ago

Peak District

"Can you imagine how many notifications some people could get ?

In my opinion there's no need for notification, it would be useless and Let's be honest, that notification would be more of an ego boost than something else."

It could be a setting you could turn on and off at your whim. Do/do not notify me when...

» Add a new message to this topic