FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Fabswingers.com site feedback > On Entry to chat....

On Entry to chat....

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Where we select what room we want to go into, can that be changed so that the rules of chat are actually on that screen, rather than a linky.

Also, can it be changed so that the user has to tick a check box to acknowledge they have read the rules before they enter the chat rooms.

Then, there can be no excuses on those occasions where members are banned with no warning, or they "didnt read the rules".

Steve

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *aradisecplCouple  over a year ago

bristol

good idea steve

By *eviousLiasonsCouple  over a year ago

Travelling

This has been suggested a couple of times before, we understand it is on the "to do" list.

As I guess that most mods will read thsi, would it be a good idea to have each other on our MSN's.... to maybe seek advice from each other?

I already have Escapadabass and Rugby on mine (and obviously JandS,lol).....

Steve

By *ugby 123Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

It is a good idea, but will it make any difference? some don't read the rules now

"It is a good idea, but will it make any difference? some don't read the rules now"

probably not but now on entry they would have to click a link to see the rules, where by im suggesting the rules are listed on that page and they have to tick "I read and understood" before they were allowed in.

Steve

By *ugby 123Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

Yep, I know, but they can click a link saying they have read the rules but they might not have read them.

Most people who break the rules have either not read them or have read them and disregard them anyway.

As I say it is a good idea, but for some people it will make no difference

By *j_markCouple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Totteridge/Whetstone

We know there are idiots in chat, if they break the rules they get booted by a mod and have the opportunity to read them while the ban expires (1 or 2 hours). We're going to start mailing everyone on a "ban" (which is really more of a timeout) which will have a copy of the rules and a brief summary of what specific rule they've broken.

We're wary of pushing the rules too much in front of the vast majority who use the rooms happily. Our experience is that the type of people who break the rules are the type who wouldn't read them anyway.

Admin x

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 07/08/09 17:42:15]

By *eclan_and_AimeeCouple  over a year ago

dunblane, stirling

could we have the mod's * thingy and how many mods are in a room next to the room's name?

sometimes if we have problems with users in a room where there are no mods we have to trawl through all the rooms to ask a mod to sort the problem - they're not always easy to find late at night.

xx

» Add a new message to this topic