FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Fabswingers.com site feedback > Does admin read private mails?

Does admin read private mails?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *j_mark OP   Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Totteridge/Whetstone

Thought we'd copy + paste this here given we've just given the reply privately. At some point we'll add to the FAQ.

Does/can Admin read my mails?

If someone reports your profile, or a message you have sent them, the last few messages between you and that person only are available for Admin to review. Same if you report someone else, the last few messages between you and the person you reported are available for admin to review. This is to facilitate the processing of abuse reports; otherwise Admin cannot deal with them.

Admin cannot "dip into" people's mails. We've specifically designed the system not to have this facility to protect privacy.

As an aside, over 400,000 messages are sent each day on Fab (+growing daily). Even if we wanted to read the messages (which we don't!), and it was possible (which it isn't!), assuming it took us 20 seconds to read and understand an average message, it would take 2222 hours to read them all, i.e. 92 days just to read one day's worth of mail!

Admin x

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ugby 123Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

Bump

By *ayna-rWoman  over a year ago

South Shields

just wundered if only the site owners can read reported mail or do you have help cause damm thats alot of mail

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

keep out of it gayna lol ... i want admins job if there go on the hols

gayna meant all reported mail she just told me as she getting ready for bed and me thinks thats where im going now looking at what she is wearing lol nn admin and rugby lol xxxxxxxx

By *obbytupperMan  over a year ago

Menston near Ilkley

This is what I love about fab, clarity and the fact they answer our queries before being asked.

By *andcCouple  over a year ago

Cheshire and London

Before I start, I would just like to say, that I am sure that admin does not read peoples messages, for many reasons including, the vast numbers of messages send.

But you must realise that owners of websites who have access to their server database CAN read peoples profiles, view ALL images whether public or private and read messages(and even emails from an email server)this is the nature of the beast, just be aware of this when using websites.

Has I said at the start MOST website owners would NEVER infringe your privacy and this is also covered under the data protection act.

we have MI5 in fab lol

Well at least it would keep you out of mischief

» Add a new message to this topic