FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Fabswingers.com site feedback > Character escaping on the current status.

Character escaping on the current status.

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

The "current status" text field strips out some forms of punctuation, most noticeably the apostrophes. No other text box or text field on the site does this; presumably they all escape characters appropriately.

Can the "current status" box be modified to behave correctly, please? The lack of apostrophes grates every time, and I have to drop an rsquo instead!

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

LOL, I have an 'inner stickler' as well, so I have every sympathy with you! But what does 'drop an rsquo' mean?

By *heRainManMan  over a year ago

Warrington & Glasgow

The Ampersand also causes a problem, so "Test & test's" becomes "Test & amp; tests"

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

"But what does 'drop an rsquo' mean?"

Sorry, webspeak. rsquo is the HTML code for a right single quote. It's not *technically* what I do, but whoever writes the code will understand!

For more than you'd ever care to read on such glyphs, see: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quotation_mark_glyphs

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

" For more than you'd ever care to read on such glyphs, see: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quotation_mark_glyphs"

See, we can learn so much from each other on Fab, and not just about sex LOL

I've learned a lot about 'glyphs' from the wiki website you quote, and it appears that things have changed (without me noticing!) since I started to read. I hope I can still read a novel without thinking 'that's an lsquo in HTML'!

Maybe one day, I'll catch up with this txt spk that the kids all do nowadays LOL. Then again, maybe not LOL

» Add a new message to this topic